Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decentralised Exchanges

• 30-01-2018 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Being interested in the whole privacy decentralisation aspect of crypto, decentralised exchanges has been a concept I've enjoyed for quite a while, keeping an eye on those ICOs, but not having found a functional platform or any sort of obvious frontrunner.  Cryptopia's bank is refusing to do tether withdrawals now, so living in NZ, this issue has just got really real.  Interested in BitcoinAtom as a concept at this point, but would like to start a discussion, explore the issues that will affect decentralised exchanges and learn more about what's out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭G.G.G.

Hmmm... Coinmarketcap lists BitcoinAtom (BCA) on Yobit, but no evidence over there. Hmmmm. Which is about the point I've generally gotten to with all the promising looking decentralised exchanges... none seem to pan out even this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭stooge

I use Waves Dex, primarily because I bought into the Wagerr ICO. Price has tanked since they missed their mainnet release on Jan 15th and it seems transactions on the DEX have dried up as a result. Aisde from that it is a decent exchange, just lacks the volume like any other DEX. They support FIAT withdrawls (albeit after a tricky KYC verification process).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Have you seen the announcement of Uber Delta:
    https://www.uberdelta.com/?utm_source=tzeroUpdateLaunch&utm_campaign=7d5faa06a1-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_db605cf19c-7d5faa06a1-53767915

PS: I lived in NZ too (and will go back !), you can use Bitstamp's international transfers to NZ no problem. Just use Cryptopia for the no-name coin trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The aim for Binance is to be a DEX some day, but it isn't currently.
    IDEX is the best middle-ground we have at the moment from EtherDelta to a more traditional experience. Most DEXs need a fast blockchain to work properly and that won't happen until Casper releases or something more nimble usurps ETH.
    Anybody worried about EtherDelta's intentions should look at forkdelta. Literally a fork of the same site with less mess and a view to speeding up visual updates and building their own order book while utilising the same contract.
    Kyber will be massive. Any-pair trading by EOY, price decided on and arbitraged automatically by Kyber token's liquidity between the numerous pairs. That could take a while to find it's base level but if ETH really matures and Kyber is usable at the same time it could become THE go-to.
    0x exchanges of all kinds are popping up, from simpler P2P ED-style setups all the way to order-matching services.
    Radar Relay, but they're picky.
    AirSwap should be good.
    Maybe BlockPort.
    NEX looks very good. ICO upcoming and tied into the NEO hype-train in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Tango One

A new decentralized exchange coming soon.
    https://www.uberdelta.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Has anyone tried Binance Dex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Been using the stellar dex (distributed exchange) for the past couple of weeks, and im impressed with it. its actually nice and simple to use and if your like me and not a day trader and want to get the feet wet or hold bitcoin or eth or juat mess around with some low price (.00001) coins it's actually good.

Once you get over the initial shock of using lumens as the base currency and setup a sepa account on coinbase or kracken (recommended) to transfer back to fiat it's grand.. Just shifting my base lumens holdings into btc and back has been fairly easy and you have the security in your hands.

There's also an open source trading bot called kelp for the stellar network which I'm going to mess around with this weekend, hoping to get it working on a raspberry pi and leave it powered on 24/7. Also fees are ridiculous (0001 XLM) as it operates on the stellar network. There are a good few different interfaces to use with it and some of them are fairly technical which some might appreciate.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Been using the stellar dex (distributed exchange) for the past couple of weeks, and im impressed with it. its actually nice and simple to use and if your like me and not a day trader and want to get the feet wet or hold bitcoin or eth or juat mess around with some low price (.00001) coins it's actually good.

Once you get over the initial shock of using lumens as the base currency and setup a sepa account on coinbase or kracken (recommended) to transfer back to fiat it's grand.. Just shifting my base lumens holdings into btc and back has been fairly easy and you have the security in your hands.

There's also an open source trading bot called kelp for the stellar network which I'm going to mess around with this weekend, hoping to get it working on a raspberry pi and leave it powered on 24/7. Also fees are ridiculous (0001 XLM) as it operates on the stellar network. There are a good few different interfaces to use with it and some of them are fairly technical which some might appreciate.

That's Interesting. how does someone get started with it.

When you say "you have the security in your hands " what do you mean.

Download one of the DEX interfaces ie. Stellarport.io or one of the others. Its fairly straight forward. You hold your keys to the wallet, stellar is open source so no one technically owns it so there's no fake volume etc.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Download one of the DEX interfaces ie. Stellarport.io or one of the others. Its fairly straight forward. You hold your keys to the wallet, stellar is open source so no one technically owns it so there's no fake volume etc.

Thanks,, I'll check it out and post back when I've tried it

• Advertisement

Tango One wrote: »
    A new decentralized exchange coming soon.
    https://www.uberdelta.com/

So decentralised it doesn't exist on the internet anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Bisq is a good decentralised exchange with a great degree of privacy.

It's a stand-alone application that acts as an exchange.

Advertisement