Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I watch Ire v Wales in Belfast city centre

• 29-01-2018 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am heading to Belfast for the weekend of 23rd February with a few friends. I am the only rugby fan and I would like to find somewhere to watch the Ire v Wales Rugby game which is on the Saturday at 2.15pm. Can anyone recommend a good pup to watch it around the city centre area? Or will Belfast pubs even show it?? If it makes a difference I am female and will be heading to the pub to watch it on my own. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I always go to The Bot (Botanic Inn). Friendly atmosphere, decent area of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Eire4998 wrote: »
    Or will Belfast pubs even show it??.

You're not going to the other side of the world. I hear there are even some Ulster lads playing for Ireland these days.

Pretty much any pub you go to will have it on. Depends on where you're staying/planning to be but any of them will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Hoboo wrote: »
    I always go to The Bot (Botanic Inn). Friendly atmosphere, decent area of town.

I agree with this.

Maybe a 15 minute walk from the city centre - ie the Europa, shopping centres etc. And it's a walk down a busy road

Lot's of screens, decent space. Hard to go wrong.

You're beside QUB there too so it's a lovely part of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eire4998

Great. Thanks for the info. The Bot it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

The Bot is good for students and bad beer... ;)

If I was to recommend one bar I'd say head out the Ormeau Rd and go the Errigle, always a great crowd for a match and the food is good too.

Staying more central, pretty much every pub in town will have it on, so take your pick. McHughs and the Kitchen usually have a good crowd for a game and no doubt it'll be on somewhere in the maze that is Laverys. The Hudson used to show games on a big screen in the covered beer garden and draw a good crowd, bit I've not been in there in a long whole...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Eire4998 wrote: »
    Or will Belfast pubs even show it??.

Pretty much every bar in Belfast that has a TV will be showing it.

The Bot was always my go to pub for Ireland matches in my 20s. However if you're past your mid 30s I'd go with Beardy's suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 66,774 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

2nd the Errigle, watched a few games there, always a good atmosphere for the Irish games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

If you don't fancy the dander up to the Bot, both the Garrick and Robinson's which are right in the city centre will be showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eire4998

Great thanks guys. Plenty to choose from so. Good to have some names rather than wandering aimlessly around the city. Might be too old for The Bot haha but plenty of other choices around.

Advertisement