Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TAMS

• 26-10-2017 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys, I'm new to this so I'm a little confused here. I'm currently sitting the green certain online in order to qualify as a young farmer. I read on agri land that if I have a farm safety code training done and am sitting the green certain that I qualify for entitlements this year. Long story short, I was at the farm safety code of practice today and that was grand. How do I apply for TAMS or is that closed?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mf310

Closed till april i think

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Mf310 wrote: »
    Closed till april i think

Not sure about that. When I checked earlier this year I think that there was a tranche opening up at the start of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mf310

Parishlad wrote:
    Not sure about that. When I checked earlier this year I think that there was a tranche opening up at the start of October.

Sorry i was wrong must have read april about something else just checked it up.... this was on an article on farmersjournal

The current tranche of TAMS II opened on 1 July and will remain open until 6 October.

The next tranche opens the following day and will remain open until 12 January 2018.

Applications can only be made online through the Department’s agfood.ie facility. This can be carried out through an applicant’s own account or their agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Parishlad wrote: »

Sorry, think you could be right there MF. I just checked again and the last tranche closed on Oct 6th. When I checked earlier in the year there definitely was a tranche starting on Oct 7th to January but this seems to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've applied for two rounds of TAMS this year, got the approval for the first one but denied the second on the basis I hadn't met the minimum threshold of €2k.
    I'm appealing it on the basis that if I was to go to the maximum they would aggregate my applications, therefore it stands to reason they should aggregate my applications also.

Anyone have any history with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Aravo

Any one know if you can upgrade an internal farm track under TAMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭White Clover

Aravo wrote: »
    Any one know if you can upgrade an internal farm track under TAMS.

I doubt it. Tams is really a subsidy for engineering firms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I have approval for a parlour ill be starting in December, got a text about submitting a payment claim from department. Do I wait till its completed in January?

You've 6 months to complete and apply for payment or u can apply for an extension to a year

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Joebobs

Hi im getting a tams 2 shed built at the moment...whats this about some safety statement? My shed is well on.. i didnt do any course regarding safety... is this required?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

Joebobs wrote: »
    Hi im getting a tams 2 shed built at the moment...whats this about some safety statement? My shed is well on.. i didnt do any course regarding safety... is this required?

Yes you'll have to do the course before you submit your claim

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Joebobs

adam14 wrote: »
    Yes you'll have to do the course before you submit your claim

Oh right..i see....
    I googled there.. is it this thing?
    "TAMS Safety Course"

Like this event

http://www.frstraining.com/course_detail.asp?id=TC009535&course=TAMS+Safety+Course&location=The+Bush+Hotel%2C+Main+St%2C+Carrick-On-Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Hi.
    I applied for new shed in the last tranch that closed end of October or November.
    I have yet to receive any feed back. Is it normal to go this long and no word back ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Hi.
    I applied for new shed in the last tranch that closed end of October or November.
    I have yet to receive any feed back. Is it normal to go this long and no word back ?

Did u have the planning permission in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

sea12 wrote: »
    Did u have the planning permission in advance?

Yes or Certificate of exemption

Yep had planning permission before I applied. And the partnership set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sean de

Hi All.
    Hoping someone can enlighten me a bit..
    I am thinking of putting up a slatted shed with associated works and applying for tams.
    I will be eligible for 40%
    My situation is as follows. I've worked at farm building , formwork and metal fabrication for years so I'll be doing alot of the work myself.
    These will be my approximate figures..
    Actual spend on materials €30000 incl vat
    Own labour plus own machinery €15000 incl vat.
    Question. Can I claim all vat back on the €45000 @ 23%?
    I understand that I submitt all invoices less vat.
    So I will be submitting invoices worth €36,585.
    In a perfect world with everything spot on is it realistic to expect to get back 40% of this.?
    Leaving the works costing me €21,951.00.
    Considering my own labour has not actually cost me anything but time and sweat. .. But my time is valued at €12,195 plus vat (€15,000)
    If I take this €12,195 form the €21,195.00 I get €9000 as my total cost once all is complete!
    Am I dreaming or have I completely misunderstood how the system works ! 🀗

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Aravo

You will get 40% back on the dept reference costings or 40% back on Your own costing if lower than the dept costings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Will you get the grant for making up the shed??
    I taught only grant will be paid on sheds made by manufacturer with ce cert

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

cute geoge wrote: »

The farmer can weld up the shed himself and get the grant but they would have to get a cert before starting it.. costs 500ish i think. Any purchased sheds need to be CE certified..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭TalkingBull

is it recommended to get the paper work done by a agri-planner, we have planning permission got for 3bay slatted leanto shed, took a good while to get that and i understand now i have to apply to dept for their go ahead before anything can get done and that might be summer/autumn time ?

Aravo wrote: »
    You will get 40% back on the dept reference costings or 40% back on Your own costing if lower than the dept costings.

And is all vat reclaimable?

larthehar wrote: »
    The farmer can weld up the shed himself and get the grant but they would have to get a cert before starting it.. costs 500ish i think. Any purchased sheds need to be CE certified..

What type of cert are you referring to.. is it's welding cert?

cute geoge wrote: »

That's my understanding too.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

Sean de wrote: »
    What type of cert are you referring to.. is it's welding cert?

Yea, to certify welding competency. I know a few lads that did it.. i don.t know the details of the course though..

larthehar wrote: »
    Yea, to certify welding competency. I know a few lads that did it.. i don.t know the details of the course though..

Is it some kind of fas welding course? Could you enquire from the guys you know what's entailed?

Anyone know how long the payment process is?
    Money is tight and theres fertiliser to be paid for!

After applying in October I finally got word back today..... a storage inspection on friday.... anyone any experiance with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

Green&Red wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the payment process is?
    Money is tight and theres fertiliser to be paid for!

You will be lucky if you have it in time for next years fert bill!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anfieldrd

What's the process in receiving the money, do I have to pay the whole cost first and then get the grant back? Will be finishing a build in the next month or so, so want to know where I'm at?

Advertisement