Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Ah, checked the email again, they are currently processing the application forms for Dispatcher and CDO, they had sent me an email a couple of weeks back saying my application for Dispatcher hadnt uploaded properly, I tried sending it again, never heard anything about it at all, so assumed I had failed shortlisting for it also.

Though tbh if I have failed shortlisting for CH I cant see passing the other as it was nearly the exact same information I had used.

Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Ah guys they were graded differently, I didn't apply for CH so didn't think to mention that you'd need to up your answers so to speak for Dispatcher.

Sorry guys, maybe they chinned you for CH because you're more suited to Dispatcher...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I wonder how fast they will get the ball rolling now. I only applied for the call handler job. If the process takes too long they could find the new staff getting offered a place in GV soon after starting which is quite possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lou Lou 73

hi guys, wish I had found this weeks ago. Would have saved me many sleepless nights wondering if they received my application ok. I also got an email on Friday saying I had passed the shortlisting page. Anyone any ideas about what's next?

Not sure about process for CDO and call handlers as everyone I know in those jobs was Noonan.

However as Dispatchers is pitched at EO2 grade and as such has civil service terms and conditions I imagine it will be 

Shortlisting 

Aptitude test

Competency based interviews 

Notification of suitability for appointment 

Vetting and substance misuse test

Offer of appointment

• Advertisement

Just spoke to recruitment.

Dispatcher emails have not went out. They were adamant that only CDO and CH emails had went out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Dispatcher emails have not went out. They were adamant that only CDO and CH emails had went out.

Did anybody else get a CDO email? I never

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Did anybody else get a CDO email? I never

I received CH reject email. Nothing about CDO.

Woman must have been mistaken about CDO then but she'll be the one that will be hitting send on the Dispatcher emails so they definately haven't went out.

Kinda kicking myself I didn't apply for CDO after chatting to a mate the pay hot could have been taken as they are guaranteed overtime inside their normal shift pattern due to civil service terms and conditions reference working weekends.

PSP training sounds fun as well :(

• Advertisement

4 on 4 off, when you include your leave that's working for only 5 months of the year

And all the overtine you could ask for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

4 on 4 off, when you include your leave that's working for only 5 months of the year

And all the overtine you could ask for

Your making this sound so appealing.

My mates that do it love the job, only the usual bitching

Any ideas on numbers required...particularly the call handler job? Or anticipated start date?

All custody is being centralised, I. E. Central locations for wider areas.

Ards and North Down's custody is Musgrave and from what my mates tell me there are several "supersuites" like Musgrave being constructed and as such it is reasonable to assume that this recruitment drive is directly connected.

stm1 wrote: »
    Any ideas on numbers required...particularly the call handler job? Or anticipated start date?

Drop them an FOI but as it's public sector recruitment could be 3 months could be 10... No one knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

All custody is being centralised, I. E. Central locations for wider areas.

Ards and North Down's custody is Musgrave and from what my mates tell me there are several "supersuites" like Musgrave being constructed and as such it is reasonable to assume that this recruitment drive is directly connected.

Yea there is also talk of a new regional HQ being built on the old St. Patrick's army barracks up in Ballymena. Heard they could be building a supersuit there to serve mid & east Antrim and Antrim & Newtownabbey districts.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Theres always overtime going in Call Handling too,

In relation to the positions available, I reckon there will be quite a few positions available as alot who are currently doing the role are now waiting to do the dispatch course.

Aye they mentioned on the phone that dispatcher courses will be fed by both I ternary and external candidates.

Internal*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Blondamundo

To those who have phoned re: the dispatcher emails- have they given any indication as to when we'll hear?

Oh and hi everyone. Best of luck to you all!

Just said once they are sorted we will know.

As more information feeds through, the call handler vacancies must be their main effort

Happy days. Fingers crossed we hear something soon re the next stage.

Looks like nothing for dispatcher roles this week either - have a good weekend everyone - maybe next week will bring news in some shape or form ;)

It's only 1 o'clock

Nothing but tumbleweed in a civil service office on a Friday avvo...the joys of flexi-time I'd like to be proved wrong though!

Nothing but tumbleweed in a civil service office on a Friday avvo...the joys of flexi-time I'd like to be proved wrong though!

I disagree I am sitting working away here lol but then I was in from 7.30...

Aww mate, you're doing it all wrong!!!!!

• Advertisement

Aww mate, you're doing it all wrong!!!!!

Bailing at 3.30 2.5 day weekend

Advertisement