Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

9-1-1 -US-Pace-Fox (**Spoilers**)

• 04-01-2018 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭

Started last night in the States Y'all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a great pilot really enjoyed it and with Connie Britton, Angela Bassett & Peter Krause leading the cast you know if the writing is strong this will be a winner.

The second episode is just as strong as the first and that ending wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched the first one. WOW. One of the strongest pilots I've seen in recent memory. That last call was very well done.

Agreed about the cast - superb all round.

This one is a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 84,836 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Another hit for Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Tim Minear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Raving reviews all round online for this too. I really hopes this get picked up over here.

Wow that was an amazing episode.

Without doubt the strongest show will on Network tv in the States right now and it’s only three episodes old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Very, very good so far. Engaging characters and an interesting way to get to see them via the 911 (smoking hot britton).

For me Southland although more police than fire based was the best of all these kinda shows and didn't get the recognision it deserved. Better than hill street, nypd blue, svu etc. Micheal Cudlitz was outstanding. BULL !!

This one is heading that way. Hope they keep it up.

The whole Abby and Buck thing could swing either way I think. We all know what we'd like to happen but........

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched first episode....it's pretty ridiculous and trashy...I liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My only gripe is the lack of supporting cast in the firehouse. The 3 lads seem to do everything .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

IMDB panned it but then looking at this thread I gave it a go. I actually quite liked it. Apart from what was said about the lack of firehouse is quite true. Plus what LAPD goes around on their own? She should have had a partner.

They know how to pull on the heart strings.

It took a few minutes to recognise the police captain in this weeks episode...Claudia Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

On to episode 4. I want this to be so much better than it is.

Are they seriously expecting us to believe that a passenger aircraft went into the water and only 3 fire crew response?

It really needs a stronger supporting cast and extras. Look at the amount of crew on Chicago Fire.

Episode 5 was very dark - that backstory was heartbreaking.

Also Connie in dungarees is strangely very attractive.

Yep. Hard to believe she's 51.

Now caught up on this (saw the full moon episode)....it is so trashy but a lot of fun and very easy to watch...also Buck mmmm

Anyone else think its clearly being setup for
    Abby and Bobby to be the real love story on the show? I get the feeling the Buck and Abby thing is only a passing thing despite them sleeping together
    Connie is definitely attractive! Looks in no way 50

Yeah I sense a love triangle alright. :)

That reflection thing in the latest episode was very clever (and very creepy).

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I sense a love triangle alright. :)

That reflection thing in the latest episode was very clever (and very creepy).
    I think so!
    God that was very creepy alright!

• Advertisement

I watched the last 2 episodes back to back earlier this week.
    Strong end to the season - that bike accident was horrific and Peter Krause showed some good acting chops in the aftermath.

There is a lot to be said for tight 10 episode seasons.

Looks like Connie Britton won't be back as she has signed onto another series that was given a two season order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like Connie Britton won't be back as she has signed onto another series that was given a two season order.

She only signed on for one season but they’re hoping she can return next season as a guest star to keep her character alive

Jennifer Love Hewitt in as Connie Britton's exits

http://tvline.com/2018/05/14/jennifer-love-hewitt-911-cast-season-2/

It starts on Sky Witness (formerly Sky Living) on Wednesday August 15th at 9pm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Watched the pilot at the weekend. It's got that fast paced, bundles of energy thing right out of the gate. Some of the rescues are OTT, the first and third were excellent. I'll watch a few more.

It's a great show, I enjoyed the whole first season. Nice and short too (only 13 episodes).

Peter Krause is just so damn likable in everything he does (and there is a bit of darkness to Bobby too, which gives him a lot of dimension in this).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is there any word on an air date for the second series yet? Watched this over a couple of nights in work a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Looks like September 23rd.

http://epguides.com/911/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

1.02. Again, slightly head-scratching with the tone it's going for (see 1:1 therapy scene). Outside of Bassett, Krause and Britton, that is.

Suicide attempt was obvious once Bassett arrived home.

Advertisement