Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

gmg678 wrote: »
    they announce them closer to end of month what they will be adding.

Same as the Games with Gold?
    In the same week. as its still a new service that could change. they did say that they would add new games each month and wouldn't remove anything till November.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If I sign up to it, is it similar to EA access .. download the game before November and its mine to use after the remove it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GBX wrote: »
    If I sign up to it, is it similar to EA access .. download the game before November and its mine to use after the remove it?

The game will only be available while on the Game Pass without purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Feck Off

I signed up for the 14 day trial of game pass to play Recore. After 4 hours in it tells me that my 30 trial has expired!! I have deleted and reinstalled and same issue. Contacted xbox support and it is a known issue with Recore they are working on the problem and should have it resolved in the days to come. I will not be subscribing to this service beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Feck Off wrote: »
    I signed up for the 14 day trial of game pass to play Recore. After 4 hours in it tells me that my 30 trial has expired!! I have deleted and reinstalled and same issue. Contacted xbox support and it is a known issue with Recore they are working on the problem and should have it resolved in the days to come. I will not be subscribing to this service beware.

Ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

New games coming to Xbox Game Pass in October:

Super Street Fighter IV
    State of Decay
    Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
    The Bug Butcher
    Costume Quest 2
    Maldita Castilla EX – Cursed Castle
    Tower of Guns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Have a code for one month of GamePass to give away.
    Thank this post if you want it, and I will draw a winner tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Winner is Max Mafioso. Will PM the code in a moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

have a one month free game pass for giveaway, came with the xbox one x but i wont use it
    like the post and i will pick a winner at random later

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

And the winner is
    Indough

Sending the code in a minute via pm

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

OmegaGene wrote: »
    And the winner is
    Indough

Sending the code in a minute via pm

thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gears of War 4 coming to Gamepass on Dec 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Donutz

Has anybody had any trouble with game pass?

I signed up a few days ago and downloaded some games and while some of them work just fine, others will begin to launch and then just stall.

Anybody have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Donutz wrote: »
    Has anybody had any trouble with game pass?

I signed up a few days ago and downloaded some games and while some of them work just fine, others will begin to launch and then just stall.

Anybody have any advice?

try a hard reset of the console (hold down the power button until it turns off, wait a minute, then turn it on again).

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Donutz

try a hard reset of the console (hold down the power button until it turns off, wait a minute, then turn it on again).

Thanks for the reply. Will try that once I get home later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

New games being added February 1st:

NBA 2K17
    WWE 2K17
    Halo Wars 2
    Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
    Fable Anniversary
    Rime
    Riptide Renegade GP
    Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/17/xbox-game-pass-update-february-2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Can't see this mentioned already, but MS have announced all MS Studio games will be released at launch on Game Pass.

Sounds cool, but I think it's actually put me off subscribing. I'd rather buy 5 games a year that I'll actually play than have 100's of games available that I won't. It could also push them towards alternative revenue streams like loot boxes.

That's just me though. Good news for everyone with Game Pass! Enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xckjoo wrote: »
    Can't see this mentioned already, but MS have announced all MS Studio games will be released at launch on Game Pass.

Sounds cool, but I think it's actually put me off subscribing. I'd rather buy 5 games a year that I'll actually play than have 100's of games available that I won't. It could also push them towards alternative revenue streams like loot boxes.

That's just me though. Good news for everyone with Game Pass! Enjoy :D

Say in 2018 Sea Of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 were all games you'd planned on buying. €180 for the three, now you can have them in Game Pass for €120.

Game Pass would be great if you had kids. Cheap for the year and they would have tonnes to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Say in 2018 Sea Of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 were all games you'd planned on buying. €180 for the three, now you can have them in Game Pass for €120.

Game Pass would be great if you had kids. Cheap for the year and they would have tonnes to play.

My point is more that this kind of thing weakens my personal connection with games and I'll end up not playing them. It's the same reason I stopped pirating games all those years ago. When you can play every game, you end up playing none of them. It's like how you'll skip over a movie every day on Netflix but if the same movie was on TV when you're browsing you'll jump at the chance to watch it.

Everyone's mileage will be different on this kind of thing so each to their own. I can see it causing an increase in these alternative revenue streams though and that I don't like.

Edit: Have a kid. Still feel the same. Probably more so for him as it's just another thing to chip away at his concentration levels and teach him to jump from one thing to another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

emmetkenny wrote: »

As I said in other threads, its fantastic move by MS. Its already very good service if you got kids and you can share it in your house on 2 xboxes.
    I personally have all current gaming platforms and I binge on one of them for few months, then binge on another one. So having subscription on xbox is ideal for me, I can jump and jump off when I want.

xckjoo wrote: »
    When you can play every game, you end up playing none of them
    Totally agree. I am very careful to research a game before purchasing and make sure its a game I'm going to like. I try to play games until I've completed them, I don't see the point in jumping in and jumping out. Take a break, yeah (looking at you Witcher 3 :)) but with an endless supply of games I totally agree you're going to be completely spoilt playing a bit of this, a bit of that and ultimately end up not giving any of them proper attention.

Now having said that you could still take the same approach, only play games that are worthy of your precious little gaming time and see them through to completion. Question is, is it not better just to buy the game a month or two after release for €30-€45?

I'd also be worried about a Netflix model of quantity over quality. Yes they have a handful of good productions but that is amongst a flood of at best mediocre "original" content. I would hate that to happen to games.

The thing is with Netflix is you can watch a movie and it's 2 hours of your time, so jumping around watching this and that suits the service. A game needs weeks and in some cases (for some people) months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

At €9.99 a month you can't go wrong.

Breaking it down thats
    €2.31 a week.
    €0.33 a day.

When I think of the endless **** I buy on a daily basis this is more than a worthwhile purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

The one thing, and I'm being nit picky, is you won't own the games and at the minute we don't know how long they'll be included. 20% discount may soften the blow though?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

erkifino wrote: »
    The one thing, and I'm being nit picky, is you won't own the games and at the minute we don't know how long they'll be included. 20% discount may soften the blow though?

The first games are leaving the service at the end of this month, MGS5 and WWE 2K16, so considering that they started it back in June, that's a pretty good length of time.

MGS5 was only on it three months in total though, so I'd guess that would be the minimum length of time that a game will be on the service. Anything less and people might not be able to fully play through games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/956272492380737539

It's been confirmed now, the Microsoft games are staying on games pass once they're in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/956272492380737539

It's been confirmed now, the Microsoft games are staying on games pass once they're in there.

Well that changes things again. Great move by Microsoft. So as long as you keep paying the subscription, you will essentially own the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ZiabR wrote: »
    Well that changes things again. Great move by Microsoft. So as long as you keep paying the subscription, you will essentially own the games.

If Microsoft will be able to pull off the quality of titles like Netflix does, then it will be a subscription that I dont even notice anymore. Right now misses pays for netflix and I pay for spotify family pack. The value of those two is insane. If I can have another sub for my gaming, then I am very happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I have game pass a few months but never used it as I dont fully get it.

Is it similar to ea access except, whereby you can download games for free (once subscribed) but that the games have an expiry date on them even if they are downloaded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have game pass a few months but never used it as I dont fully get it.

Is it similar to ea access except, whereby you can download games for free (once subscribed) but that the games have an expiry date on them even if they are downloaded?
    No expiry date. You can download as many games as you like and you have access to the games for the duration of your Game Pass subscription.

Advertisement