Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Wellie Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 5 wheel drive

The wellie, the whole wellie and nothing but the wellie!

Hi folks, seeing as we have a new wellington thread every few months, I thought we might try to keep the wellie chat in one thread and merge any new threads into this one. We'll try it out and see if it works out. I'll link the last few wellie threads just below and I'll include a link to the useful links and threads post in the charter sticky.

Charter sticky
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105884363
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104704301
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105362728
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104718310

Good work.
    Why don’t you set up a survey of all the different types and people can vote their favorite. Very easy to see what’s most popular then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Dunlop purofort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Have gotten a few pairs of the Dunlop puroforts the past year and they were leaking from day one, anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

case885 wrote: »
    Have gotten a few pairs of the Dunlop puroforts the past year and they were leaking from day one, anyone else experience this?

Yer feet are sweating ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

OP, some one just opened a thread on Hoof Trimming. Should that go in here too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

It certainly seems easy to puncture them - I've gone through 3 sets in nearly as many years. Have Bekina now and they're much tougher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

My last few pairs tore in the insole, one right, one left so I still have a waterproof pair:rolleyes:
    MfMan wrote: »
    It certainly seems easy to puncture them - I've gone through 3 sets in nearly as many years. Have Bekina now and they're much tougher.
    I tried the Bekinas for a while, got a good 18 months out of the first two pairs and didn't get even a year out of any after that.

Tbh, I think the quality of all wellies seems to have dropped in the last 4 or 5 years. I used to have wellies until the grips wore away and now the grips aren't going to be troubled because they all tear before a year is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Aren't Dunlop one of those brands that SportsDirect bought and now own?

In other words, it might be a name people know, but the manufacture of them has been outsourced to the cheapest of the cheap, and they are likely cheap tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

My favourite were baudau, very comfortable but the last 2 pairs cracked after about 6 months. I'm part-time so they wouldn't have many hours/miles on them. The pair I have at present are horrible, can't think of the name, so I am now in the market again for a pair,
    all recommendations greatly accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I says wrote: »
    Dunlop purofort
    Crap.
    OH and I are wearing Bekina since October. We never bought Bekina but so far they are holding up. However, the first pair that I bought for OH were leaking around the top of the toes. They were replaced FOC by the store. I find that the sole grips are good but I would prefer if they were longer on the leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

MuckBoot.
    Between work and home, five of us have them. Warm, comfy and they've lasted four years. €88 from Whites Agri.
    Can’t fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Field east

I keep wellies that have been holed, torn, nipped by the chainsaw ,etc, etc. come in useful in dry weather, use the upper part to cut ‘rubber’ bands from., as washers where a softness is required. ANYWAY, I came across a product made/sold by Stormsure. Just go for the tube of stuff only and don’t bother about the patches. It is like a tube of solution re patching a bicycle tube. It hardens In 12 hours. I now have 4 pairs of leak free wellies

Advertisement