Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crypterium ICO

Options
  • 03-01-2018 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭

Anyone looking at this? I want to invest some of my recent gains and have never been in on an ICO. Couple of mates getting in on this so thought it might be a laugh. Throw a few quid into it and perhaps it'll moon

The general idea is a crypto bank, allowing you to spend your crypto (if it ever stopped appreciating). Built on ethereum. An interesting concept and looks to have a good Russian based team.

Crypterium.io is the site for anyone who wants to take a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ICOs have been where I've seen the best gains in the last few months, SALT and a few others, I'll take a look at Crypterium now too.

I was thinking of creating a thread for all upcoming ICOs to keep them in the one place, ICOWatch or something, we could get a format on reviewing and thoughts on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I was thinking of creating a thread for all upcoming ICOs to keep them in the one place, ICOWatch or something, we could get a format on reviewing and thoughts on them.

Took the words out of my mouth...go for it!

Ive another ICO that i would like some opinions on.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Couple of mates getting in on this so thought it might be a laugh. Throw a few quid into it and perhaps it'll moon

It might be a laugh ?

Jesus Christ.

I don’t mean to be a killjoy here but that’s real money, you do know that. And even if you made 1000% on ripple etc it’s still real Money. And it’s pretty hard to come by.

Anyway
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-Crypterium-ICO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bandara wrote: »
    It might be a laugh ?

Jesus Christ.

I don’t mean to be a killjoy here but that’s real money, you do know that. And even if you made 1000% on ripple etc it’s still real Money. And it’s pretty hard to come by.

Anyway
    He's dead right. Small investments. EB has made a few quid I reckon so why not "have a laugh". Much better option that the thousands holding their eyes open with matchsticks glued to a screen, spending more than they can afford to lose while repeatedly punching F5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bandara wrote: »
    Couple of mates getting in on this so thought it might be a laugh. Throw a few quid into it and perhaps it'll moon

It might be a laugh ?

Jesus Christ.

Anyway

Yes, it might be a laugh. I work hard enough for my money, I'll do whatever I want with it and make sure to enjoy doing so. Yes, MY money. Throw a few hundred quid into a few ICOs and just maybe there's a chance it'll pay off several times over. I can easily afford it and am prepared to risk the potential loss.

If you're so worried by the prospect of losing money, I'm not sure what you're doing in the Crypto our investments forums. Maybe you'd be better off saving your tenner a month into the CU account. Or sticking it under a mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

We're happy to piss away a few grand in national lottery tickets over the years with f**k all return. ... I equate this to being no different, I'm expecting to lose money.

The key difference is the increased odds of making some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

jon1981 wrote: »
    We're happy to piss away a few grand in national lottery tickets over the years with f**k all return. ... I equate this to being no different, I'm expecting to lose money.

Thats a fairly sensible and accurate way of looking at it at this stage of the game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

anyone get in and can see their tokens?.

I read their facebook page and there is a lot of people posting they sent money in and nothing appears after days. A few have said their support is not responding either....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

jon1981 wrote: »

Plus its loads more fun than watching some muppet on the RTE read numbers off ping-pong balls ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Yes, it might be a laugh. I work hard enough for my money, I'll do whatever I want with it and make sure to enjoy doing so. Yes, MY money. Throw a few hundred quid into a few ICOs and just maybe there's a chance it'll pay off several times over. I can easily afford it and am prepared to risk the potential loss.

If you're so worried by the prospect of losing money, I'm not sure what you're doing in the Crypto our investments forums. Maybe you'd be better off saving your tenner a month into the CU account. Or sticking it under a mattress.

Fair enough. We just see things differently.

I’ve been trading crypto for a relatively long time, I’m not worried about losing money, I just like to maximise my chances of making money.

How about that review ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

What about it? Some lad I've never heard of says it's a load of ****e. Some other lad I've never heard of says it's great. TechCrunch say it's promising. Who knows with any of these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I bought some of these before they reached the hard cap. They are not taking anymore token purchases as of now.

This is my first ICO getting in on so it will be interesting to follow. Not the end of the world for me if it tanks.

paddyman wrote: »
    anyone get in and can see their tokens?.

Yes, took a minor punt and picked up a minimal amount yesterday. Got a confirmation email that I have the tokens today.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

U.CASH is interesting and already 99% funded
    https://icowatchlist.com/ico/ucash

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

smacl wrote: »
    Yes, took a minor punt and picked up a minimal amount yesterday. Got a confirmation email that I have the tokens today.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi I've a few questions...

I've been looking at a few threads on the ICO and bitcoin etc...

I still have no idea where to start.

I was thinking of putting up to €200 in and seeing what it can do over time.
    What way would I go about it and how do I even set up??

Got an email noting Crypterium tokens got activated today and see my rather minimal amount now on Etherscan. Anyone else buy into this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ciaranimo

Hi I've a few questions...

I've been looking at a few threads on the ICO and bitcoin etc...

I still have no idea where to start.

I was thinking of putting up to €200 in and seeing what it can do over time.
    What way would I go about it and how do I even set up??

This is a decent starting point

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057826257

Got an email noting Crypterium tokens got activated today and see my rather minimal amount now on Etherscan. Anyone else buy into this one?

Bought in. Tokens not yet showing in myether wallet. Did you get yours yet?

• Advertisement

Bought in. Tokens not yet showing in myether wallet. Did you get yours yet?

Mine started showing yesterday, did you check your tokens on Etherscan using your wallet address? It is showing 26,488 token holders as of now, don't know how many are still outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any exchange news?

Mine started showing yesterday, did you check your tokens on Etherscan using your wallet address? It is showing 26,488 token holders as of now, don't know how many are still outstanding.

Ya checked there. Still not showing for me. I'm sure they'll transfer over in time. Ethereum network pretty slow at the moment so that might be causing delay.

Any exchange news?

Some speculation that it will be on Binance withing two months but I'll believe it when I see it.

Advertisement