Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photo of the day 2018

• 01-01-2018 9:41pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So this thread is to share your photo of the day. A picture that means something to you, either a screenshot or something you took yourself. Whatever is your favourite picture is from that day you can post it here.

This is mine from today, it’s a screenshot from the New Years celebrations, I love it as it represents such celebrations and patriotism all in one photo.

347xml3.jpg

It’s important to note the photo doesn’t necessarily need to be Christmas related but brownie points if they are :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just had to run outside and rescue my poor weather-beaten wreath as Storm Eleanor batters my house!

Kngl6Ul.jpg?1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I went for a lovely walk this evening even though it was windy as hell all the Christmas lights made it seems so peaceful at the same time.

I took a few pics of the fab light displays but I like this one the most so simple and classic and you could get away with it any time of the year.

wskxz8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Screenshot of the supermoon over the Empire State Building, on New Year's.

c8isoc2.png
    photo by Alexander Krivenyshev of WorldTimeZone.com

Reminding us how light shines most powerfully, especially in the darkest of times.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another night another walk, this is one of my favourite neighbor displays I can’t wait to have my own house to go all out.

2u437et.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think this sums up the first week of January. :pac: It was delicious though. I love quinoa.

437783.jpg

• Advertisement

Haha, that really does sum up the first week back lunches, although to be fair it looks amazing!!

29pwz21.jpg

Cinema date! Yay!

Last night sitting beside the tree.

Here’s a close up shot of the tree currently beside me.

vzanvn.jpg

Time to say goodbye.

437991.jpeg

As posted in the out of season thread.

It’s always Christmas when you can find Christmas goods in the stores.

2m34ith.jpg

• Advertisement

I’ve eaten well this week but the weather was so crap yesterday and only a large popcorn in the cinema would do! Not pictured: the handful of Minstrels hiding under the popcorn.

438295.jpeg

Only a small dusting but it’s so festive!

30ml7nt.jpg

Loughc wrote: »
    Only a small dusting but it’s so festive!

30ml7nt.jpg

A dusting is still snow!

438899.jpeg

It’s bucketing down now.

ac8w2x.jpg

Yay!!

I came here to see if there were any snow pics. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

20kohue.jpg

Our wee girl in meeting Santa whilst in boarding over Christmas.

2nscpxv.jpg

Santa was spotted at the airport today going on a well deserved vaccay.

10nrdhu.jpg

244xt1i.jpg

This is true. It’s only Jan 20th :(

• Advertisement

2rf3ofk.jpg

It’s a night for one of these.

Oh nice. :D

WADFGnM.jpg

u4MRyy1.jpg

2Y5faOl.jpg

6GHdLkf.jpg?1

ozNF6xJ.jpg?1

l4slyqw.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

I entitle this "I'd take Christmas over Valentines anyday...sigh" ;)
    potd-panda_3141792k.jpg
    Tis a screenshot of Tian Tian the giant panda checking out his Christmas Cake at the outdoor enclosure of Edinburgh Zoo a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tomo75

In Supervalu this evening......the kids were going crazy to buy it......

Advertisement