Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great series on Youtube on DW

• 18-01-2018 5:36pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't think we have an interesting links type sticky here but I thought I would mention this for anyone who might find it interesting. A guy on youtube is going through each of the classic doctors doing a thorough review of their time, the background to it and discussing some his favourite stories from their series'. Well worth a look. He just put up an hour long video on Tom Baker so he has 4 of them done. I just stumbled across it. Maybe some of you already have.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHfd027RMxLoPodwqvXHOkw/videos

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nice find mewso, that's a pretty decent history (so far!). That little interview snippet from the above link was so quintessentially Tom Baker though; there really has been no other actor like him in a popular, genre production :D

It does make me want to go back and watch some of my old favourites - and some of the guilty pleasures too :D And I'm always pleased to see a positive retrospective over an underrated, experimental gem in "Warrior's Gate".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Been watching it, obviously a huge labour of love, looking forward for the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭dball

brilliant series, cant wait for the next one,
    im 45 now and probably only started watching around the time of Peter Davidson, but remember many repeats of Tom Baker,
    Baker would have been my favorite alright but Im possibly to young to have enjoyed them when they were first broadcast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks for posting that, watched all of them, really enjoyable, and informative. Will keep an eye out for the rest of them...

Peter Davidson popped up today on this youtube channel.
    taken down after bbc infringement rights before I got to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thats a shame, hopefully it gets sorted. I suspect its YouTube's flaky copyright system at play. All the other videos are still there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »
    Thats a shame, hopefully it gets sorted. I suspect its YouTube's flaky copyright system at play. All the other videos are still there.

Unless he ensures all copyrighted footage or sound is less than 7 seconds per clip, that's gonna happen sadly.

YT is currently very difficult for small or independent content creators to use.

BTW, for those who missed it first time around, the video on the 6th Doctor is back online.

The newest part is up, detailing the Colin Baker era; if nothing else the instability of that period for the show should make for interesting material:

• Advertisement

Man, I'd forgotten just how overly lit those 2005 episodes were. They looked like day-time soaps; whatever else about the later series' scripts, the more cinematic aesthetic, anamorphic lens n' all is leagues better.

Those documentaries are great work by that guy though all told.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Part 12 of this series just released:-

watched this last night - thought i'd watch it for 5 mins to see how it was,

2 hours later I wanted more, fantastic series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Been waiting ages for it, CD knocked it out of the park again. Smashing episode, can't imagine the amount of work it must've taken.

Advertisement