Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market in freefall, what are you buying

• 16-01-2018 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Since the Asians are the movers and shakers of the cryptos and with their lunar year coming up the market is bombing as they are selling everything they have to buy stuff and pay for travel etc.

This affords an excellent opportunity for people to take advantage of cheap cheap crypto.

I for one am getting as much NEO as I can while the price is low, it was the last to really take a hit so while it's down I'm buying.

I'm also going to rack up a good bit of ripple again. Brad knows what he's doing so I fully expect the price to rise again in a little while when he tweet more news about his partnerships.

Who are you buying while the markets down?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Who are you buying while the markets down?
    I'm stocking up on NZSB.*

* New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Dades wrote: »
    I'm stocking up on NZSB.*

* New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc

I'm back on the glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Waiting on FIAT to hit my main trading account.
    Likely going to go in on XMR, LTC and ETH there.

I bought what I hoped was the base of the ripple dip at €1.10 after an earlier buy in at €1.35.
    Not too fussed about that really as I made out like a bandit on the original rise and my longterm for ripple is @€;1.80 in any case.

I got out of TRX completely and have the proceeds sitting on binance waiting to see whats next, watching ADA and VEN or may go back in on NEO and IOTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

I'm back on the glue.

Of all the people on this site I know you're watching this tumble and waiting for your time to pounce tinder surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I had some $'s on my exchange from selling Ripple last week that I used to buy more Ethereum at $991 and $1042 earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Of all the people on this site I know you're watching this tumble and waiting for your time to pounce tinder surprise

I wish mate

All my immediate disposable income is wrapped up in red now :(

Feck it Ted...let's enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I'd say it's a bit more than the Chinese taking out a few bob to buy each other presents.
    Total market cap has dropped from 701bn to 496bn in 24 hours. That's a lot of socks and trips to the seaside !!

I'm playing with free money at this stage anyway so just going to ride the wave again.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-15/china-is-said-to-escalate-crackdown-on-cryptocurrency-trading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Benzino

I was happy I got rid of my TRX at a good price, but sold to BTC which is taking a hammering. Gonna wait a bit before buying more.

I'd say it's a bit more than the Chinese taking out a few bob to buy each other presents.
    Total market cap has dropped from 701bn to 496bn in 24 hours. That's a lot of socks and trips to the seaside !!

I'm playing with free money at this stage anyway so just going to ride the wave again.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-15/china-is-said-to-escalate-crackdown-on-cryptocurrency-trading

If it is the clamp down I predict the following will happen.

The clamp down won't work and the Chinese being resilient will press on and just like every torrent site or streaming site, if one exchange gets taken down another will pop up.

Or crypto there will go down the black market route and someine will find a way to bridge a gap between coin wallets to international bank accounts to Asian bank accounts or stores to withdraw from like western union or money gram

Either way it will make coins more valuable and there will always be someone to exploit it to profit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

A large portion of the CMC cap is represented by alts with low volume and liquidity tied to the price of BTC, don't forget that.
    There are a lot of shítcoins.

• Advertisement

• Holy shít...IOTA for $2.20...ICX for $6.50...VEN for $4.50?!?

Yes please, I'll be having all of that. What a glorious day!

Go f**k yourselves Harvey Normans, this is what you call a sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

ICX, DRGN and Ven as soon as Coinbase hurries up and processes my deposit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

ETH, XMR, NEO :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Don`t be surprised if this crypto market falls another 50%. Any long termers have seen this before and its the second dip that really does the damage
    If you are trying to catch a falling knife then stick to coins like Neo, Btc and Eth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

All in on FUD and DYOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Selik wrote: »
    ETH, XMR, NEO :pac:

hmm, I wouldn't be putting too much into NEO right now, with all the Chinese speculation that is stirring.

I went shopping for REQ, ELIX, PRL and ARK.

I think this thread is beneficial as thilese opportunities don't come around too often and it's interesting to see what coins were kind of out of people's reach and the faith they have in them to bounce back and make people a tidy profit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bought some more Strats for $12 a coin

think this one will hit $30-40 in the next 3-4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

kingtiger wrote: »
    bought some more Strats for $12 a coin

think this one will hit $30-40 in the next 3-4 months

Why ? What are the fundamentals that will drive this?

How is this coin technically superior ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

I think this thread is beneficial as thilese opportunities don't come around too often and it's interesting to see what coins were kind of out of people's reach and the faith they have in them to bounce back and make people a tidy profit

Or to lose everything. A positive attitude is always good, but there’s something extremely shakey about this entire market. It’s full of hype and hysteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Why?

Have a read

https://www.investinblockchain.com/what-is-stratis/

Roadmap for Q1 18 including info on Sidechains / Smart Contracts / Identity App

https://stratisplatform.com/2017/12/19/developer-activity-review/

First ICO on the STRAT blockchain platform announced today

https://gluon.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Didn’t buy much. Bought €100 worth of PPT for my crypto group. (5 mates).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I suppose the upside of the recent downturn is that it makes today's rises look impressive against a lower base level. Nearly everything up double digit percentages on the 24 hour tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I suppose the upside of the recent downturn is that it makes today's rises look impressive against a lower base level. Nearly everything up double digit percentages on the 24 hour tracker.

Anyone smart enough to wait for a big correction before getting involved is laughing today. I've been far too much like a kid in a sweet shop of late to be that wise :o

It was good while it lasted.

Hope everyone stocked up nice for the winter ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I bought lots of SALT. I hear its good on burnt bacon?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dextadave

went in on powr, hkn, myb, and nlc2

Bit late for anyone now everything is back up, did try get more eth and btc but coinbase was been an a hole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

jester77 wrote: »
    hmm, I wouldn't be putting too much into NEO right now, with all the Chinese speculation that is stirring.

I went shopping for REQ, ELIX, PRL and ARK.

Got some REQ as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

nice pile of money into the CAviar ICO

If you dont know it check youtube for CAVIAR BTCBUSINESSCONSULT

Its going to be big

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Advertisement