Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coinbase Fee

• 18-01-2018 12:06pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone explain this to me.
    Had €400 in my euro account on CB.
    Bought ETH. CB Fee was €3, that’s fine.
    But immediately after purchase it says my balance is €377. What happened to the other €20 worth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

kceire wrote: »
    Can anyone explain this to me.
    Had €400 in my euro account on CB.
    Bought ETH. CB Fee was €3, that’s fine.
    But immediately after purchase it says my balance is €377. What happened to the other €20 worth?
    Did the price of Ethereum go down whilst your transaction was taking place?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

seannash wrote: »
    Did the price of Ethereum go down whilst your transaction was taking place?

No, it actually went up. I refreshed it and it jumped to €378.

The buy price was probably spread and not the same as the market value of etherum at the time.
    Check your history and see what price you bought at

"When you click Buy or Sell, the price you receive is locked in at that moment, regardless of market fluctuations between executing the buy or sell and receiving the digital currency. The price can be volatile - by locking in the price you always know exactly what you paid for your digital currency. You can find the price you bought or sold at on your history page.

Since the price of digital currencies are determined by supply and demand, there is a difference between the buy, sell, and spot prices displayed on the website. For more information on this please refer to this page."

I think that has explained it. The buy price was higher than the displayed current market price.

Thanks.

Just transferred it out to Binance and the value transferred is €414.

• Advertisement

They might be showing ethereum with a higher price than Coinbase

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

The Joys of Crypto!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dextadave

theirs no joy to be had on coinbase had 5k waiting to jump on eth and btc yesterday and the a holes blocked my account, cannot confirm transaction
    their complicate in these dumps im sure they block smaller users buying so whales can snap up everything
    im rightly pissed off with them been waiting on a dump like this for months and they block me out

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fakent.ie

dextadave wrote: »
    theirs no joy to be had on coinbase had 5k waiting to jump on eth and btc yesterday and the a holes blocked my account, cannot confirm transaction
    their complicate in these dumps im sure they block smaller users buying so whales can snap up everything
    im rightly pissed off with them been waiting on a dump like this for months and they block me out

Coinbase is garbage dont use it , lol what u said secondly is defintly not true

Advertisement