Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEO (formerly Antshares)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its crazy to buy into ICOs with NEO, You're literally trading shares in the platform for currency of an app that uses it. The only NEO ICO i would consider are ones that you buy in with GAS, after all that's one of the reasons GAS exists.

It's extremely disingenuous for any app dev team to expect you to give up NEO (and the associated voting power) to invest in their app, trading on the average owner not really understanding the model of PoS-style consensus

Neo seems to be tracking at 10% of ETH. Eth breaks €1,000. Neo breaks €100. Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

Its crazy to buy into ICOs with NEO, You're literally trading shares in the platform for currency of an app that uses it. The only NEO ICO i would consider are ones that you buy in with GAS, after all that's one of the reasons GAS exists.

It's extremely disingenuous for any app dev team to expect you to give up NEO (and the associated voting power) to invest in their app, trading on the average owner not really understanding the model of PoS-style consensus

What's stopping you buying more NEO with the Gas you saved on?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Nice increase today so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

And again today

• Registered Users Posts: 7 terrabyte

I'm long neo and eth looking at nex that could be huge for neo to take on dapps anyone else getting into nex when it is open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 terrabyte

Unless this crashes totally I am looking for 400+ for neo as a target

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

terrabyte wrote: »
    Unless this crashes totally I am looking for 400+ for neo as a target
    I strongly believe in Neo. Started looking at nex yesterday, looks good. Thinking of investing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

annie.t wrote: »
    I strongly believe in Neo. Started looking at nex yesterday, looks good. Thinking of investing

So initially can nex only be bought via neo when they release the tokens?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

annie.t wrote: »

Have you any links to nex information??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Getting a bit worried here. I set up a wallet on Neo Tracker, and then transferred some DBC to it from KuCoin. The transaction has the status "Succeeded" on KuCoin, but the link to view the transaction gives a 404, and the wallet is still empty. The transaction shows up on Neo Scan and Neo Explorer, but without any wallet info. Also, Neo Depot says "Address not found!" when searching for my wallet address.

Has anyone any experience with this?

I can see on Neo Tracker that the latest transactions and blocks are two hours old, so it looks like they're having some issues. Is there a chance my transfer has gone into a black hole, or should it show up eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

carrotcake wrote: »
    Getting a bit worried here. I set up a wallet on Neo Tracker, and then transferred some DBC to it from KuCoin. The transaction has the status "Succeeded" on KuCoin, but the link to view the transaction gives a 404, and the wallet is still empty. The transaction shows up on Neo Scan and Neo Explorer, but without any wallet info. Also, Neo Depot says "Address not found!" when searching for my wallet address.

Has anyone any experience with this?

I can see on Neo Tracker that the latest transactions and blocks are two hours old, so it looks like they're having some issues. Is there a chance my transfer has gone into a black hole, or should it show up eventually?
    For anyone that has the same problem in the future, the transaction showed up eventually; once Neo Tracker started working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

News coming out about KPN partnering with NEO, no news story yet as it's from the livestream event in Amsterdam at the minute, probably why the slight price rise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

KilOit wrote: »
    News coming out about KPN partnering with NEO, no news story yet as it's from the livestream event in Amsterdam at the minute, probably why the slight price rise

Slight? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

lawred2 wrote: »
    Slight? Lol
    Not lol if you bought Neo last September like I did the NEO/BTC rate was 0.1
    Just the same as it is now, so for many holders this is playing catch up to Bitcoin and Ethereum.
    Still long term the predictions of $1000 Neo in 2018 don't look too far fetched now that ICOs and Dapps are now being launched on Neo

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Not lol if you bought Neo last September like I did the NEO/BTC rate was 0.1
    Just the same as it is now, so for many holders this is playing catch up to Bitcoin and Ethereum.
    Still long term the predictions of $1000 Neo in 2018 don't look too far fetched now that ICOs and Dapps are now being launched on Neo

The $ value of 0.1btc now is a lot more than it was in September.

NEO is still shy of it's BTC ath but it's nearly treble the $ value of that ath.

Yes but if you bought Neo with Bitcoin like I did then the Dollar value is irrelavent as Bitcoin is also 3 times the Septmeber price.
    Bitcoin or Ethereum is the Base price I always use not Dollars

Kinda irrelevant really.

The poster I was responding to wasn't referring to slight BTC gains between September and today. NEO is near 20% up over the last 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yes but if you bought Neo with Bitcoin like I did then the Dollar value is irrelavent as Bitcoin is also 3 times the Septmeber price.
    Bitcoin or Ethereum is the Base price I always use not Dollars

Everyone would have bought with BTC/ETH, almost everyone would look at the price in USD or Euro because BTC/ETH was only used as a transfer mechanism to get NEO and if there was a fiat option most would have done

I don't really get the point of looking in terms of BTC/ETH, if NEO moons will your exit strategy be in terms of what you'll be able to use BTC/ETH for?

I am hodling long term till we hit are close or on par with Ethereum. :D
    Thats $1000 in old money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Everyone would have bought with BTC/ETH, almost everyone would look at the price in USD or Euro because BTC/ETH was only used as a transfer mechanism to get NEO and if there was a fiat option most would have done

I don't really get the point of looking in terms of BTC/ETH, if NEO moons will your exit strategy be in terms of what you'll be able to use BTC/ETH for?

I'm a noob but I guess it does make a difference if you were going to either hold the BTC/ETH anyways....

But if you deposited into BTC/ETH purely to buy NEO then it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Is there much more potential in Neo at this price is it worth exchanging ETH for NEO?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

jonny_b wrote: »
    Is there much more potential in Neo at this price is it worth exchanging ETH for NEO?

Although i hold a much bigger pot of NEO than ETH, ETH is by far the best and safest crypto around.
    It will overtake BTC without a doubt, just look at the dozens of ERC20 tokens based off the Ethereum chain, if you include them then ETH will be number 1. Both went up in value so no point really switching between them imo, they'll both retrace a little

jonny_b wrote: »
    I used Bitcoin to buy Neo so I can't see much difference in using Eth, maybe cheaper fees :P

KilOit wrote: »
    Although i hold a much bigger pot of NEO than ETH, ETH is by far the best and safest crypto around.
    It will overtake BTC without a doubt, just look at the dozens of ERC20 tokens based off the Ethereum chain, if you include them then ETH will be number 1. Both went up in value so no point really switching between them imo, they'll both retrace a little

Ethereum is older tech, too many bottlenecks, high transaction fees, and muddied enhancement plans. ICOs are now switching from Ethereum to Neo as it is more capable
    I do believe Neo will eat into it's market share. 2018 is going to be a massive year for Neo.
    Today Dutch telecom Giant KPN announced it will partnet Neo to host a NEO full consensus node. This is Big news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I used Bitcoin to buy Neo so I can't see much difference in using Eth, maybe cheaper fees :P

Ethereum is older tech, too many bottlenecks, high transaction fees, and muddied enhancement plans. ICOs are now switching from Ethereum to Neo as it is more capable
    I do believe Neo will eat into it's market share. 2018 is going to be a massive year for Neo.
    Today Dutch telecom Giant KPN announced it will partnet Neo to host a NEO full consensus node. This is Big news.

Also depending on how the project goes, EOS may become a challenger in the future, but NEO is established & in position to be the great rival at this point in time.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Also depending on how the project goes, EOS may become a challenger in the future, but NEO is established & in position to be the great rival at this point in time.

Neo has done everything to keep itself regulation compliant in China which is no mean feat. I don't see EOS as a direct competitor to Neo, they both have their Use Cases, both are Internet version 3 and Both will put Ethereum under pressure this year and next.
    I don't want to be bashing Ethereum too much as I have done well out of it, it's just that it will be hard to do the upgrades nessesary and still keep itself backward compatible. Transaction times and Bottlenecks are a real issue now for Ethereum and the tech at the moment just isn't up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

€150 Boom.

Devore off pricing tropical islands :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

He'd want to buy one soon. Dropping like the rest now

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Amik

Just converted a little ETH I bought in December into NEO.

Can someone recommend a NEO wallet? I found NEO Tracker. Or is it safe to keep the NEOs on Binance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Amik wrote: »
    Just converted a little ETH I bought in December into NEO.

Can someone recommend a NEO wallet? I found NEO Tracker. Or is it safe to keep the NEOs on Binance?
    NEON wallet. Its compatible with Ledger Nano S

Advertisement