Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW23 Matchday Thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Horrendous week.

At this stage of the season, a wildcard is probably my last shot at turning things around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

85 is a 100k rise to 193k up 250k in 2 gws since I wildcarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

80(-4) - having an awful season but up 900,000 places to 1.1 million in the last 4 gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,043 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

98 (-4).

Great week I think, made significant upwards movement in all my leagues. But for a bad December, I would be right in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lowest score wins right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

85 is a 100k rise to 193k up 250k in 2 gws since I wildcarded.
    That's very good but do you know how much is really down to your WC?

I mean I got a 180k rise over the last 2 GWs without WC and with no hits. And I dare say it could/should have been better without e.g. Conté early subbings. But taking advantage of the DGW and Kane (C) this GW accounted for most of it. Your pre-WC team might have achieved similar or better than me without WCing, mightn't it ?

Now, to be completely honest, I may need a -4 this GW (and ideally a -8 that I probably won't take) to rearrange some parts of my team. So I'm not discounting the benefits of your WC ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

89 gives me a nice rise from 37k to 20k.

2FTs but might only use one on DCL and hold 2 for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    That's very good but do you know how much is really down to your WC?

I mean I got a 180k rise over the last 2 GWs without WC and with no hits. And I dare say it could/should have been better without e.g. Conté early subbings. But taking advantage of the DGW and Kane (C) this GW accounted for most of it. Your pre-WC team might have achieved similar or better than me without WCing, mightn't it ?

Now, to be completely honest, I may need a -4 this GW (and ideally a -8 that I probably won't take) to rearrange some parts of my team. So I'm not discounting the benefits of your WC ;).
    No my team was in bits and I'd had 9 bad weeks out of 10. Courtois Elliot naughton jaanmat Christensen Daniels masuka salah sane hazard coutinho richarlison DCL Kane wilson was what I had before WC . I hadn't had a cs from a defender in 6 weeks. I was going to take at least a -8 last gw. My team structure was all wrong. I'm not going to bother working it out but I'd estimate I'm at least 50 points better off and I now have a team I like going forward. I know you could look at that team above and think it may have done OK this week but I wouldn't have had salah or sane this gw . I see you signed son he is somebody I didn't consider because I didn't think he would start both games of the double. He is someone I'd love to have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I dropped 4 places in the OR, never seen such a minor change. I think it's a definite Meh.

428,889 to 428,893

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

78 (-4). Grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

No my team was in bits and I'd had 9 bad weeks out of 10. Courtois Elliot naughton jaanmat Christensen Daniels masuka salah sane hazard coutinho richarlison DCL Kane wilson was what I had before WC . I hadn't had a cs from a defender in 6 weeks. I was going to take at least a -8 last gw. My team structure was all wrong. I'm not going to bother working it out but I'd estimate I'm at least 50 points better off and I now have a team I like going forward. I know you could look at that team above and think it may have done OK this week but I wouldn't have had salah or sane this gw . I see you signed son he is somebody I didn't consider because I didn't think he would start both games of the double. He is someone I'd love to have now.
    About your pre-WC team. True that you had your whole defense to sort out and team structure to rearrange with your 2 cheap strikers.

Personally I did not have enough time to spend on the game during the festive period to play my WC. Didn't know the good/bad runs of fixtures. didn't have a look at the players/teams form. Wasn't set on a team structure (3-5-2, 3-4-3, a mix of both with no real bench fodder like I have now). etc...

As for me. Yeah got Son in (ahead of Eriksen & Alli) both considering his price and his explosive returns. Also I noted that he had played 75 min for the 3 previous games. So thought that could be a good sign for 150 min over the DGW which I'd have been happy with.
    My other DGW transfer was Lingard (whom I'd just got in for Zaha) to Arnie... which paid off this GW.
    TBH I did not overthink it and went with the crowd on these. Pity I did not put a little more time into it as I'd have realised I could have sold Surman instead of Lingard to get Arnie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

83 (no hits) delighed with that.

Got away with not captaining Kane, closed gaps on my private league leader and somehow have 1.0 more team value than the next highest in my league.

Note to self: stop trying to be creative with captain choices and just go with the majority in the poll.

Advertisement