Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kraken Down

• 13-01-2018 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Kraken is now down for a few days having originally suggested they were going offline for a couple of hours for maintenance at late notice.

If it 5h1tz the bed, how big a hit would btc and crypto generally take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Kraken is now down for a few days having originally suggested they were going offline for a couple of hours for maintenance at late notice.

It’s for this reason that I will never hold any coins on an exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

jonny_b wrote: »
    It’s for this reason that I will never hold any coins on an exchange
    Yes, the same although up until recently, I had held a fair few quid there. I knew I was taking a chance but got it withdrawn 2 weeks ago.

That said, IF it bombs, it will surely lead to a price nosedive? That's just as big of a problem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I wouldn't panic just yet, latest update at ~10:am
    We are preparing to relaunch the site shortly. All orders have been canceled. More details to come soon. Posted 25 minutes ago. Jan 13, 2018 - 09:32 UTC

Given I've a few bits and bobs on Kraken, hoping it comes back up at some stage today. I reckon there will be an exodus of funds from pissed of users short term, some of who will possible cash out. Could potentially lead to a minor dip. but I doubt it will be significant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

smacl wrote: »
    I wouldn't panic just yet, latest update at ~10:am

Given I've a few bits and bobs on Kraken, hoping it comes back up at some stage today. I reckon there will be an exodus of funds from pissed of users short term, some of who will possible cash out. Could potentially lead to a minor dip. but I doubt it will be significant.

Where did you get that quote from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Where did you get that quote from?

https://status.kraken.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Its back up via the API at least.

Its balance view only it seems. no ordering or market pricing appearing on my feed as yet and only pairs viewable are those previously traded.
    All buy/Sell limit orders are cancelled too.w

And still no order placement available along with inaccurate pricing.
    Its showing ETH as $12000, which left me thinking Lambo til I checked the actual prices!

At least they're still intact. I think it would have had repercussions for crypto generally if it turned out they'd been mt.gox'ed .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Should be back to fully operational within the next few days.

Not ideal but if it puts an end to the performance issues then I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

banie01 wrote: »
    And still no order placement available along with inaccurate pricing.
    Its showing ETH as $12000, which left me thinking Lambo til I checked the actual prices!

Yeah, saw the prices and thought WTF, the site is running but prices wildly wrong. Hopefully they'll get it sorted shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Just got an email saying they are back online. Zero fees until end of month.

Wombatman wrote: »
    Just got an email saying they are back online. Zero fees until end of month.

Yup...withdrawals to be back tomorrow (or so they hope according to their last update).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hopefully they'll get withdrawals back up and running soon too.

I haven't placed an order since they're back up but there appears to be a big improvement in performance when it comes to just navigating around the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Withdrawals are finally working again, and fairly snappy. Although there is probably not much load on their servers yet.

The servers seem to be more reliable now. However, their support is shamefully poor. 2 requests made ref. change of address - and no answer. That's not workable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

The servers seem to be more reliable now. However, their support is shamefully poor. 2 requests made ref. change of address - and no answer. That's not workable.

They are all the same. 2 weeks waiting for a reply from Kucoin. I finally get a reply email yesterday asking me do I still have the problem and if I do could I resubmit the details :mad:

They are all the same. 2 weeks waiting for a reply from Kucoin. I finally get a reply email yesterday asking me do I still have the problem and if I do could I resubmit the details :mad:

Been pulling my hair out trying to get accounts opened. Quoinex were reasonably fast (comparatively) - although they can't seem to reset 2 factor auth for me - the only thing stopping me from using the account right now.

BTCC have probably been the best - although they are China based and low volume...

All in all, it's a horrible experience though - across the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Been pulling my hair out trying to get accounts opened. Quoinex were reasonably fast (comparatively) - although they can't seem to reset 2 factor auth for me - the only thing stopping me from using the account right now.

BTCC have probably been the best - although they are China based and low volume...

All in all, it's a horrible experience though - across the board.

It took me 2 min to open an account on Kraken 3 days ago

Have you been able to fund it? I know someone who opened an account with them two weeks back and it keeps saying the ability to fund is currently unavailable. Support said it is an issue only affecting some new accounts and they are working on it.

• Advertisement

Have you been able to fund it? I know someone who opened an account with them two weeks back and it keeps saying the ability to fund is currently unavailable. Support said it is an issue only affecting some new accounts and they are working on it.

I only transferred coins to it

How long does it normally take for a withdraw to hit your bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

How long does it normally take for a withdraw to hit your bank account?

I've withdrawn a few times from kraken and the funds were showing in my bank account either the same day or the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I signed up over 2 weeks ago, the "Get Verified" link still gives me this message when I click on it: "Feature Disabled. This feature is not currently available."

Did you get verified without any problems ?

Alfie1 wrote: »
    I signed up over 2 weeks ago, the "Get Verified" link still gives me this message when I click on it: "Feature Disabled. This feature is not currently available."

That is the exact issue my friend is having. Seems it only effects some new accounts they signed up recently and you just got unlucky as other new signups don't have the same issue.

Yep. Im verified to Tier 2 . I did this on Tuesday. The whole process

Tier 3 is currently in process

Yep. Im verified to Tier 2 . I did this on Tuesday. The whole process

What browser did you use to sign up ?

What browser did you use to sign up ?

Chrome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

I have this issue. Support are aware of it and won't do anything. Their solution was to try set up another account and try again, which means a new email address. I tried 3 times and got the feature disabled error every time . I've given up on Kraken now.

I signed up twice originally, I'm going to try once more when I sort out my email addresses & then I'll probably give up.

• Advertisement

Yup - that's great. However, that's not my experience. I contacted their support a few weeks ago enquiring as to how to go about changing my address on my account. NO ANSWER

I contacted them again early last week with firm details on a new address - asking them to update my account to reflect that address - NO ANSWER

It's important as I want it to reflect the country I'm currently in before I cash out.

However, it looks like I'll be doing that through another exchange.

Advertisement