Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDEA:Google Calendar for upcoming coin events

• 12-01-2018 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of maybe a shared Google calendar amongst the group of us that we could update with upcoming scheduled events for coins?

There are plenty of roadmap and benchmark scheduled events for most coins, which I think if we gathered as a group would help us identify potential price increases/spikes.

What do you think of it as an idea?

honest answers only :)

(ps) maybe there is a website providing similar info but it has been beyond my search ability these past few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

Coindar.org has a decent amount of events covered. Not sure if it covers everything though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

sounds good.

I currently get most of my info from reddit so a local one would be great too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Maybe a sticky in here that can be updated with every new event.
    One thread.
    One post.
    Maybe whoever spots the ICO mails a mod and they add t to the list.
    They can be deleted once finished etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Got a few on my radar coming up that I could add,

Dimensions
    Wepower

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Wanchain is one I'm looking out for. Rumours of it listing on Binance around the 24th but not sure yet.

• Advertisement

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Wanchain is one I'm looking out for. Rumours of it listing on Binance around the 24th but not sure yet.

Will putting binance tweets on notice give enough time to get notified by the exchange and buy when it does get listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Will putting binance tweets on notice give enough time to get notified by the exchange and buy when it does get listed?

What sort of lead time is there between tweet and launch?

What sort of lead time is there between tweet and launch?

Well I've heard binance can give anywhere from 30 minutes to 5 minutes before it's launched depending on the hype. Lots of hype on this one. Rumours the start price could be between 50/c to 3-5 dollars. Its nuts

Can you buy them before they get launched on Binance?

A friend sent this to me during the week.

https://www.caviar.io

I took a chance and bought €50 worth of tokens. Got 578 of them.
    I know a guy that turned 2.5k into 25k, cashed back to coinbase and then bought asmuch coin he could and his portfolio sits at just over 200k ($).

He has cashed in 1 ETH to buy into this site.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Can you buy them before they get launched on Binance?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I know a guy that turned 2.5k into 25k, cashed back to coinbase and then bought asmuch coin he could and his portfolio sits at just over 200k ($).

I also purchased a few tokens yesterday, sounds like an interesting project.

jay28 wrote: »
    I also purchased a few tokens yesterday, sounds like an interesting project.

Please god.
    I have 985 tokens. Cost me about €90.

Please god.
    I have 985 tokens. Cost me about €90.

Did you have to pay euro or crypto?

Did you have to pay euro or crypto?

Crypto from my coinbase account.

Anyone doing it, just make sure to enter your ETH wallet address to get the coins/tokens credited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Can you use an exchange wallet address?

From their blog
    The Caviar token is an ERC-20 token and so an ERC-20 compatible Ethereum wallet must be used to contribute. As long as it is an ERC-20 compatible wallet, like MetaMask or MyEtherWallet, your contribution wallet address is where you will receive your Caviar tokens. Do not send from exchange wallets, like Coinbase, Kraken, or Bittrex, and do not send from Jaxx or multi-signature wallets.

Gryzor wrote: »
    Can you use an exchange wallet address?

I used my ether wallet address.

Edit - explained better with a quote from the site above.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Crypto from my coinbase account.

Anyone doing it, just make sure to enter your ETH wallet address to get the coins/tokens credited.

Do you get your tokens sent to your wallet now or when the offer is do finished?

The tokens are showing up on their website but not in my wallet.

upto 30 days after

• Advertisement

jay28 wrote: »
    Do you get your tokens sent to your wallet now or when the offer is do finished?

The tokens are showing up on their website but not in my wallet.

Within the month after the pre sale ends.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

There is also https://coinmarketcal.com for news of events etc.

Has anyone used this as a successful trading strategy?

What is this IDEA coin Tinder and where can I buy it? What's the current market cap and total supply? :pac:

Here is one, APEX, which has a detailed write-up on Reddit today if anyone wants to read further...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7qc2r2/apex_the_next_big_neo_project_disrupting_a_200/

The whitelist opens tomorrow.

Edit 1: Official website is https://apex.chinapex.com/
    On first glance, it is a solid project.

Edit 2: On further inspection, this might be a little too expensive for my portfolio. Because APEX is built on the NEO system, you need to purchase APEX tokens with NEO. The minimum purchase in their private sale was 13 NEO. If it's anything like that in this public sale, that would require a large amount of my portfolio to cover, too much. Seems like a solid project, but I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Very little talk about Caviar elsewhere - the promotional threads on bitcointalk are pretty much just the stock Caviar promotional account making numerous posts. Unusual to see this not go unmentioned on Reddit because I like the idea behind it.

Caviar ICO finicshed, hardcap reahed

Gryzor wrote: »
    Caviar ICO finicshed, hardcap reahed

Showing as soft cap reached for me since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Caviar owner in the news. This can't be good

https://www.coindesk.com/massachusetts-sues-ico-operator-for-alleged-securities-violations/

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

So it's kinda like a 'crypto of cryptos' since much of the cash raised is being ploughed back into other cryptocurrencies. With some real estate lending business strapped on. The whitepaper says they've done over 20 such deals since 2013 at an average of 170k. Buttons compared to the 25m they're looking to raise. They outline how the quarterly profits will be split - nowhere does it mention salaries and other overheads.....

There's no real transparency around how exactly the ICO proceeds are invested and the company itself will be at a huge informational advantage since they will know exactly how much the portfolio is worth at any point in time. Outside investors not so much. When you strip out the smart contract through which the investor shall receive any quarterly profits and the fact that a large proportion of the funds raised will be invested in other cryptos, it looks just like crowdfunding to me. Nothing really unique about it. If I was bullish the cryptocurrency market generally I think I'd prefer to invest myself and at least I'd know exactly what I was invested in at any particular point in time.

Advertisement