Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I applied for CDO but have just had an email to say they couldn’t open my application and for me to resubmit it in a different format.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Seems to be a reoccurring problem, seen someone earlier in the thread say the same and they asked me to resubmit my Equality form because it didn’t print properly even though it was sent in the exact same format and everything else as the rest of my application....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Did you's open it using a mac by any chance?

No I actually printed it and done it by hand (because the file wouldn’t allow me to edit it) and then scanned it back in and sent it but when they asked me to resubmit my equality form it then allowed me to edit it for some reason so the second one was all digital (on windows)

Both allowed you to edit it, you must have been button bashing to get the file open and not reading dialogue boxes, or ignored dialogue box at top.

• Advertisement

No idea, I didn’t extensively try to edit it and as soon as it opened in PDF and I couldn’t then I just printed it out

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Good Luck by the way to anyone who had applied , hope you’s hear back soon!

Lockie101 wrote: »
    No idea, I didn’t extensively try to edit it and as soon as it opened in PDF and I couldn’t then I just printed it out

Just be careful, as one of the competencies they asked for was computer literacy and not knowing how to convert files and edit them may go against you.

Not really not knowing, more the fact that I had to do it in school since my computer at home was KIA and I had time constraints and might even have been the restrictions on the network for the file types. I am extremely compute literate which i put on the form under that heading but It was just the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Mine wasn’t on a Mac. It’s the way I saved it wouldn’t allow them to open it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I wonder can we expect to wait much longer for any movement on police staff roles. Maybe this week?

Not sure, Considering the lack of communication and the lack of information that they would give to Banterbus over the phone, I haven’t much confidence I hearing in them any time soon unfortunately.... Although I would love to hear something... ANYTHING... from them

Maxi515 wrote: »
    I wonder can we expect to wait much longer for any movement on police staff roles. Maybe this week?

When I rang them in the week just passed they said that they are processing as fast as they can and will be in contact with everyone as soon as they're finished. Just mentioned that they received an overwhelming response

Could use a little good news lol

Agreed mate, just out of curiosity; What role did you apply for Banterbus? And you said you are in a job you like right now, if offered one of this jobs would you take it while you wait for the next recruitment to open obviously?

Pm me mate

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Agreed mate, just out of curiosity; What role did you apply for Banterbus? And you said you are in a job you like right now, if offered one of this jobs would you take it while you wait for the next recruitment to open obviously?

Dispatcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Simonsays132

Emails in regards to Call Handler shortlisting have started to go out. Dispatcher and detention officer jobs are still being shortlisted.

Can confirm, at last some information! Anyone know of the following steps in the process for either call handler or dispatcher after the initial application?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mrshelby

Hi guys, been a reader for a long time and decided I would make a post. I have passed my IST and due the assessment centre, I also applied for the call handling job and have recieved an email today to say I have been shortlisted and to wait for more details. anyone else recieved an email or even applied for the role?

• Advertisement

I assume you mean you passed the IST for the role of PSNI Constable not for the PSNI Staff roles. A few here have applied and as myself and Simon already mentioned that yes all the emails were sent together and my guess is that everyone who met the educational requirements got shortlisted and is not a real method of reducing numbers. I am guessing there is an aptitude test and interview ahead of us throughout the process

Not sure about process for CDO and call handlers as everyone I know in those jobs was Noonan.

However as Dispatchers is pitched at EO2 grade and as such has civil service terms and conditions I imagine it will be

Shortlisting

Aptitude test

Competency based interviews

Notification of suitability for appointment

Vetting and substance misuse test

Offer of appointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I failed shortlisting for both Call Handler and Dispatcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Goonerdee wrote: »

Unfortunate mate, did you apply for CDO?

They may have emailed my work email so I won't know until monday

Didn’t, just those two jobs. They had sent me an email a while back saying that the application form for CH hadn’t uploaded properly, I tried again. But alas it wasn’t to be.

Didn’t, just those two jobs. They had sent me an email a while back saying that the application form for CH hadn’t uploaded properly, I tried again. But alas it wasn’t to be.

Cause you are meant to be a peeler

I really have no idea why they sent it to my work email, on the app I put my personal email address, strange

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LuLu33

Did the emails go out for dispatcher? I didn’t get an email at all?

• Advertisement

LuLu33 wrote: »
    Did the emails go out for dispatcher? I didn’t get an email at all?

Ah, checked the email again, they are currently processing the application forms for Dispatcher and CDO, they had sent me an email a couple of weeks back saying my application for Dispatcher hadnt uploaded properly, I tried sending it again, never heard anything about it at all, so assumed I had failed shortlisting for it also.

Though tbh if I have failed shortlisting for CH I cant see passing the other as it was nearly the exact same information I had used.

Advertisement