Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2018

• 08-01-2018 9:30am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A Christmas movie on TV in the middle of June?
    Fairy lights on sale in March?
    Someone with their tree still up in February?

If so, this is the thread for you! Come in and let us know if you've seen something magical and festive at any random time of the year. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also bonus points to anyone who finds any discounted festive treats and chocolates.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,024 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Also bonus points to anyone who finds any discounted festive treats and chocolates.

My local Super Valu generally end up with Halloween and Christmas stuff beside the Easter stock and they still could have it all left when October comes around!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lidl have these on sale for €1.25

2m34ith.jpg

I can confirm from the tarts missing the photo they are
    In fact delicious!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh they look yum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Will keep a look out for things. Some people deliberately leave up their trees or decorations or play Christmas songs well into January and maybe beyond. Some people have Christmas parties at the end of January. Films with Christmas themes such as On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Die Hard are shown all through the year. Likewise, season 2 of Love/Hate which has a couple of Christmas set episodes featuring Santa was also repeated in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I had a quick drive around on Sunday night (7th Jan) into a few neighbourhoods and counted 18 houses with either Christmas trees fully lit or outside lights still on! :D
    Those neighbourhoods were only a tiny part of the town, so I can imagine there were loads more.

Last night driving home (not in the same neighbourhoods), I counted 3 houses with lights still lit. :)

The Christmas lights are still on on O'Connell Street, Dublin. :)

To my neighbor across the road from LIDL who still have their tree lit in the front window. Thank you that cheered me up on my way to work at 7am!

Loughc wrote: »
    To my neighbor across the road from LIDL who still have their tree lit in the front window. Thank you that cheered me up on my way to work at 7am!

I’m sad to report they’ve taken their tree down :(

They still do have a beautiful garland lit in the window though.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Was in Cork City yesterday and most of the lights are still up. Not sure if they get turned on in the evening but hey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Christmas tree in Smithfield in Dublin was still up and lighting last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Massive Christmas tree still up and lit in heuston station as of this morning. And long may it last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Am delighted to say that I still have a small tree lighting in the Kitchen and main one still up in sitting room. Giving it one last weekend for the Kids or really myself before they go back up to the attic. I have to say I really love this forum. Gives me something to look forward to everyday to see that people still have their christmas cheer. I check this post everyday but this is my first post so thanks to everyone who has been posting for keeping away those January blues after christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

All my decorations are still up.....I have to start taking them down this evening though. 
    Lidl in Shannon still have lots of discounted Christmas goodies - Stollen, sweets etc....but I'm on my January diet, so just about managed to keep on walking!!

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Lidl in Shannon still have lots of discounted Christmas goodies - Stollen, sweets etc....but I'm on my January diet, so just about managed to keep on walking!!

That’s one of the hardest things about January trying to be good when there is still festive treats floating around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Anyone for the last few tins of USA biscuits ? :eek:

So Tesco are selling these bad boys for 22 cent.

1f94ao.jpg

And this for €3.49.

eq2z9t.jpg

We got one of these in Tesco for €2.50.
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I saw two ! Yes two lit trees on the way home today. And another house had a lit up manger in their window.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I saw two ! Yes two lit trees on the way home today. And another house had a lit up manger in their window.

At mass last week my mother said the priest said something along the lines that it's technically still Christmas until about the 21st! Most churches leave their crib up.

• Advertisement

Just had some Yule log yum!

And I’m currently watching the Great Christmas Bake Off I had recorded over Christmas. All the ads are Christmassy.

Man you’d miss it even more now.

I just watched that last night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw a house with all their outside lights lit up yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Happy to report the giant tree is still up and lights on in heuston :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Why the rush to finish with Christmas?

For one thing, it too the three wise men some time to get to Bethlehem.

Even today, it is difficult to cross frontiers carrying gold, frankincense and myrrh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

At mass last week my mother said the priest said something along the lines that it's technically still Christmas until about the 21st! Most churches leave their crib up.

The one in Whitefriar Street church in Dublin was still up on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I just passed a store with all their decorations still in the window !

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

I picked up a packet of lindt santas today they were yum (slimming world on monday) :(

• Advertisement

nuac wrote: »
    Why the rush to finish with Christmas?
    You're asking the wrong people! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement