Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

stm1 wrote: »
    2 weeks since the closing date. Anyone heard anything?
    Not a thing so far, do we know if it will be done through email or letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Call 101 and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 noonanreject

Call 101 and ask?
    Did anyone ring 101?  Or get any more info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Call 101 and ask?

No I never did

Call 101 and ask?

No I never did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I did. Just got a reply stating there had been a large number of applications and they were still processing so would hear in due course. Didn't give a timescale unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I should add I just got this reply today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I got an email to say my application form didnt download properly and to resubmit. I think I will take that as a sign that it wasnt for me.

I heard nothing but I did ring the day after I submitted the app and mine was received

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Any more news on this? I got the email also asking me to resubmit my Equality Monitoring form because of a printing problem back when it closed

• Advertisement

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Any more news on this? I got the email also asking me to resubmit my Equality Monitoring form because of a printing problem back when it closed

Ive heard nil!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

I haven't heard a peep either..

And we thought the PSNI applications were quiet... considering we didn’t even get an acknowledgement email i think we have the right to get something from them

I'll ask, gimme 10 mins

I would but I am currently in school, Cheers Banterbus

Yea they more or less chinned me off.

Summary;

Massive response so it is taking some time

They are currently processing applications for all roles

Can't put a time frame on it

No news is good news, as they will he in contact with everyone as soon as they are finished.

Cheers for that mate!!

Who applied for what?

I just applied for Dispatcher, as much as I'd love the chance to do the CDO and the call handler jobs, I couldn't take the pay hit

I done the CDO

I done the CDO

A good few folk I know do it, and it's good money, and a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

From what iv heard they are doing all the internal applications 1st then going through the external ones. Think courses are due to start shortly or might have already started.

FinalTry32 wrote: »
    From what iv heard they are doing all the internal applications 1st then going through the external ones. Think courses are due to start shortly or might have already started.

Incorrect.

Public bodies will not recruit internally and externally at the same time. PSNI staff are represented by NIPSA and they would have a **** fit.

This was 3 external campaigns which are open to everyone including existing staff.

It is UNLAWFUL to discriminate based on external/internal in an external campaign.

If there was an internal campaign or trawl then it would be running seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Hmmm ... Fair enough. Only going by what iv heard.

Who applied for what?

I just applied for Dispatcher, as much as I'd love the chance to do the CDO and the call handler jobs, I couldn't take the pay hit

I've applied for the controller aswell mate for the same reason, it's a tougher challenge, been in the police now 3 years and I say it's one of the hardest jobs to do in the job!

Apologies what I meant to say they wouldn't be running an internal and external stream in the same campaign.

FinalTry32 wrote: »
    Hmmm ... Fair enough. Only going by what iv heard.

Honestly the clout NIPSA have in the public sector is quite scary. PSNI staff are u derived civil service terms and conditions, hence PSNI staff are offer Civil service pension and not police or local government pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Incorrect.

Public bodies will not recruit internally and externally at the same time. PSNI staff are represented by NIPSA and they would have a **** fit.

This was 3 external campaigns which are open to everyone including existing staff.

It is UNLAWFUL to discriminate based on external/internal in an external campaign.

I've a friend who is a staffer in Mahon road and he said the internal applications closed when the external open. In fact, the PSNI only hire externally when they cannot be filled vacancies internally.

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Incorrect.

I've a friend who is a staffer in Mahon road and he said the internal applications closed when the external open. In fact, the PSNI only hire externally when they cannot be filled vacancies internally.

I did say that internal and external would be running seperately, they can't run two streams at once...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I did say that internal and external would be running seperately, they can't run two streams at once...

Yes Im just validating what you said rather than introducing new information xx

• Advertisement

I applied for Call Handler and Dispatcher

Advertisement