Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast International Airport Police Recruitment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dog8ox

Yeah I got the same, not sure how many days they are running it over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

I don't know they never said, I can't see there being that many people applied for it tbh

You never know, although I think the assessment centre math and English will put a few off, and the fact that the pay Is minimum wage.

Yea that's true I'm not sure even if I will accept it as I'm waiting on another job interview results coming. Is it just maths and English they do at it?

If it's a normal assessment centre yes, usually your standard English and maths.
    Unfortunately I don't think I can attend anyway due to work.
    Good luck with the other job

• Advertisement

Awww right I see, I think the English will be ok but the maths is a different story! I see, tbh I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the job so I wouldn't be too concered about not getting it, if you got into the psni they would be way better.

Thanks mate

Any body managed to make the assessment centre?

Dog8ox wrote: »
    Any body managed to make the assessment centre?

Yea I was there not long back, were you there yourself?

Yes, it was definitely tight for time and different than what I thought.

Yea it was tight enough I just done a rather brief answer for all the questions incasee I ran out of time! The thing that worries me is wil thet be able to read my writing? Half the time I cant read it myself lol

• Advertisement

That makes two of us lol. Many at yours, must be running it all day.

Lol at least im not the only one! Aye there was a right few more than I though about 30 ish having said that there was a good few empty spaces as well. Im not sure I was in at just around dinner time

Aye mine was lunch time, few spaces with my group as well so it's anyone's guess.
    Good luck.

We were prob in the same group lol, yea anythibg could happen just try not to get too ahead of ourselves lol, thanks you too

Anybody hear anything on this?

Nope nothing at all, probably waiting till PSNI release there candidates list

Take it you haven't heard anything either?

Take it you haven't heard anything either?

Nope not a thing they talked about doing interviews mid to late jan so if that timescale still applies we should be hearing soon I would have imagined

You should really get two weeks notice to attend an interview.
    They could be out time scale wise or we did really bad and they couldn't read our hand writing lol

Yea we got two weeks for tge assessment centre so I would imagine this would be the same!

Haha yea I would be put a bet on it they couldn't read the writing lol

• Advertisement

Aye or understand much of it lol mostly waffle lol.
    Keep me posted if you hear anything

Aye or understand much of it lol mostly waffle lol.
    Keep me posted if you hear anything

Haha yea sames!

Yea I will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Anyone hear anything back?

Yea just got on a reserve list which might as well be a no lol did you hear anything?

yeah got an interview for the start of Feb, reading this thread you would near be put off joining them.

Peterh89 wrote: »
    yeah got an interview for the start of Feb, reading this thread you would near be put off joining them.

Congratulations! Lol yea it's quite negative to be fair, but it could be a great job too, my advice would be go for it and ask them plenty of questions before signing up especially if you have to pay for training if you leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MavicMan

My cousin has some experience in this. Once you join you are waiting on a space at GV. This could be straight away or could be a few months. Just depends on when GV have squads going through.

You do the GV full training, then come back to the airport as a fully trained Constable, and would be on 2 years probation, similar to PSNI.

MavicMan wrote: »
    My cousin has some experience in this. Once you join you are waiting on a space at GV. This could be straight away or could be a few months. Just depends on when GV have squads going through.

You do the GV full training, then come back to the airport as a fully trained Constable, and would be on 2 years probation, similar to PSNI.

Im not disagreeing with you but I thought you had to do 2 years as a "proabationer" then do GV, I honestly dont know im just putting that out there

It's hit and miss, they do some training on site but you can be waiting on them getting a slot in GV, which can take some time so get a comfy seat lol.
    The job is what it is, if you get bored easily I'd say it's not for you. If you are happy with routine work and know that you are really only a constable to allow you to carry firearms then you will be happy. But you need to be aware that if you don't like it and you go through any type of training you will have to repay the costs.

• Advertisement

absolutely no pathway to the psni? I know the psni have recruited from the harbour police previously. At the very least it would surely do no harm in having experience in a role that is very similar to a community officer.

Advertisement