Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars under Covers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They'll disintergrate over time sadly. They really need to be indoors.

p.s. Their insurers (assuming they are on classic policies) normally insist on them being garaged.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

p.s. Their insurers (assuming they are on classic policies) normally insist on them being garaged.
    What makes you say that? I've never had a policy insisting on a garage (and I had an SL!)

Garages are like hen's teeth in urban areas. Most that ever existed have been converted into living space.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Dades wrote:
    What makes you say that? I've never had a policy insisting on a garage (and I had an SL!)

Mine does AIG through First Ireland.

Previous one did too. Carol Nash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Mine does AIG through First Ireland.

Mine doesn't, also with AIG through First Ireland. I have a vague recollection though that Carol Nash wanted it garaged, so couldn't take out a policy with them. I've had my car in the driveway, covered maybe half the year, for the last 9 years and it hasn't made much difference at all. I think :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Probably reasonable to assume that different insurers have different rules. It might also depend on the area, availability of a driveway, or the value of the car itself.

Advertisement