Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10k portfolio advise

• 08-01-2018 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am going to put 10k on bitstamp and then I am going to use other exchanges to buy some altcoins.

I have already 0.5 bitcoin, not going to put more on it.

Any advise, suggestion for an altcoins portfolio of 10k?

10% on Stellar
    10% Tron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sure thing.
    I charge a 1k fee for all advice though. :pac:

Why not (a) do your own research or (b) invest 50 euro in each of the top 20 coins as per coinmarketcap? Both are just as good as each other as no one can see the future and anyone who claims otherwise is lying. Everyone here is an amateur doing the same thing your looking for and have the same information available to assist them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

There's a couple of coins that people are starting to talk about.

Red (RED), and
    Black (BLK).

I'd put it all in one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

danko82 wrote:
    Hi All, I am going to put 10k on bitstamp and then I am going to use other exchanges to buy some altcoins.

Wow OP,

That's a big investment if you don't already have a TONNE of research done.

I would have been reading for about two months before I initially took the plunge with a portfolio that was a fraction of what you proposed. At that point I had very clear ideas of two or three coins I believed in that would make a profit and wasn't going to let others sway me.....

Could you afford to lose all of this 10k?

Nothing is guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

All in on tittiecoin. It's up 390% in the last 7 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dades wrote: »
    There's a couple of coins that people are starting to talk about.

Red (RED), and
    Black (BLK).

I'd put it all in one of those.

That would leave me with too much FOMO.

Better to put some on that green one (ZERO) too, tiny supply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Sure thing.
    I charge a 1k fee for all advice though. :pac:

Why not (a) do your own research or (b) invest 50 euro in each of the top 20 coins as per coinmarketcap? Both are just as good as each other as no one can see the future and anyone who claims otherwise is lying. Everyone here is an amateur doing the same thing your looking for and have the same information available to assist them.

This

Not being smart but if you want advice get a financial adviser or do what the rest of us do and check the companies, their press realeases, their prediction, any new software to be released, their online community.

As someone said 50 on the top 20 isn't a bad idea but if you Want to make millions you need to be more invested in your work than asking someone else for advice. Granted we can all chat and discuss things here but ultimately we can't predict the future an no one wants to get blamed for blowing your investments which I'm sure you worked hard to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Bitcoin/Ethereum/Bitcoin_Cash Safe plays, won't give the returns but less risky

Neo/Eos/RaiBlocks Medium risk, but could challenge the top coins at any time

Nav/Icon More risky but explosive potential. Nav is not even in the top 100 coins yet

All cryptos are risky, many think we are in a bubble who knows, I've yet to meet someone who could tell where prices are going in the next day never-mind the next week or year!

Its up to you to look up and find out what these coins do, we are not here to spoon feed you but its a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

10k is an awful lot of money.

Depending on what forums you are reading you may be only coming across extremely positive comments and success stories.

Take in the negatives too before you go further, and not the false negatives where someone posts something slightly bad but then dismisses it in the next sentence to further add credibility to their point.

Best of luck if you go ahead. The Central Bank of Ireland recently issued some guidance on ICO's. worth a read.

No Crypto is a safe play. Its a totally unregulated, opaque and very volatile market full of all sorts willing to take your money off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Flat out asking what to invest in shouldnt be allowed imo, its not fair to expect of people since nobody here is a professional and since crypto is a new market you need to be the one making the decisions since you’re the one taking the financial risk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

I think lisk, neo, dragon chain and kucoin shares have great potential

• Advertisement
Advertisement