Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Logging Investments

Options
  • 23-10-2017 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭

Probably a dumb question but what does everyone use to log purchases/sales as a way of keeping track of ROI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That looks ideal. I'm surprised there's no simple online tool that does something similar. Or there probably is but nothing that has any foothold from a SERP perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That looks ideal. I'm surprised there's no simple online tool that does something similar. Or there probably is but nothing that has any foothold from a SERP perspective.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/portfolio/

I just stumbled upon that too. I'll take a closer look. They don't really sell it on their site.

I'm tempted to just build something simple myself as I'd be a nice little project.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

I use cointracking.info but it's not free past a few hundred trades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭gfog

Blockfolio app very handy, simple and easy to keep up to date.

https://blockfolio.com/

Tried blockfolio app but it stalled as I tried to play around with it. Didn't fill me with confidence.

I've still yet to find an app that ticks all the boxes.

Next on the list to trial is altpocket.

https://altpocket.io/

Although this appears to be some portfolio/social media platform hybrid.

Has anyone any new recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I was using Blockfolio and recently switched to Delta, took me a good few days over xmas to get it setup as you have to manually enter all your trades. So far I'm happy, prefer it to Blockfolio.

Have delta as well but am getting pretty fed up with manually entering trades. That's why importing from an exchange is now top of my list of demands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Have delta as well but am getting pretty fed up with manually entering trades. That's why importing from an exchange is now top of my list of demands.

I also have TabTrader, which allows you to view trade history, create/delete orders and withdraw funds. Of course, depending on the permissions you set in the API. I have withdraw disabled for everything, too risky imo.

The only downside is that it only supports a small amount of exchanges, but it does support the most of the major ones.

However, it is more of a trading app and you don't get a proper overview of your investments, so it is not a great way to track a portfolio. But it is good for seeing what you have on the different exchanges.

Advertisement