Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Coinbase competition?

• 05-01-2018 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Seriously this is a f**king joke. 14 hours later and still my outgoing transactions are pending. wtf! Missed out on some opportunity and p*ssed over it.

We need more competition in this space. Any good alternatives to CB that take SEPA transfer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

What was the type of transaction? Coinbase gets a lot of shit but their SEPA transactions have always been instant for me.

coinfloor if you're in the UK

edit: not sepa, debit card my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

What was the type of transaction? Coinbase gets a lot of shit but their SEPA transactions have always been instant for me.

coinfloor if you're in the UK
    Instant SEPA transactions?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I use my debit card with Coinbase and its instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

4% fee on Debit card deposits.

Sepa instant? is that a thing? It's not even instant between 2 Irish banks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

kceire wrote: »
    I use my debit card with Coinbase and its instant.

That's not SEPA though, and works out very expensive going into CoinBase

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I had to verify my sepa account with GDAX yesterday, to so so you need to send a small sum via sepa to your GDAX account, I sent it yesterday evening and it went through this morning.

However sending from GDAX to Binance has been slower than usual, it's been 6 hours now and still pending, it's usually within the hour.

15 hours later and my transaction is still f**king pending.

Out of the game until this hits :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Instant SEPA transactions?!
    jon1981 wrote: »
    Sepa instant? is that a thing? It's not even instant between 2 Irish banks.

Ah my bad I was getting SEPA mixed up with debit card :o

Always used my card didn't want to miss out on those overnight gains :D

Ah my bad I was getting SEPA mixed up with debit card :o

Always used my card didn't want to miss out on those overnight gains :D

Who's laughing now :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

4% fee on Debit card deposits.
    smacl wrote: »
    That's not SEPA though, and works out very expensive going into CoinBase

Cheers. Yeah I was aware of the higher % charge but I’m just dipping my toe at present so for the sake of €50
    I just done it by card for an easier experience.

If I continue I’ll just do the transfer but as you say, it takes an eternity.

kceire wrote: »
    Cheers. Yeah I was aware of the higher % charge but I’m just dipping my toe at present so for the sake of €50
    I just done it by card for an easier experience.

If I continue I’ll just do the transfer but as you say, it takes an eternity.

Did the same myself, starting a couple of weeks ago. Just got SEPA setup this week and currently trying a couple of test transactions into coinbase and kraken.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Coinbase are warning of 12+ hour delays on BTC and ETH transactions... I'm trying to get on board with TRX on Binance before the announcement tomorrow and it's looking increasingly unlikely for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I know a 4% fee sounds hefty, but when you have the chance to make 20% in a couple of hours or 50-100% in a day its often worth taking the hit rather than wait a day or two to receive your funds. I learned this to my detriment when I was trying to get on ADA at .04c I think it was. Took a week for coinbase to lodge my sepa t/f.

Any good alternatives to CB that take SEPA transfer?

Kraken has a few more coins and is worth a punt, but can be hit and miss. Currently waiting for verification on bitstamp which also takes SEPA. Possibly just registering with all the exchanges that are accepting registrations and doing a few very small trial transactions to see what performance is like. Coinbase to Kraken was slow yesterday and I've a couple of other outgoing transactions from Coinbase from this morning still pending.

smacl wrote: »
    Kraken has a few more coins and is worth a punt, but can be hit and miss. Currently waiting for verification on bitstamp which also takes SEPA. Possibly just registering with all the exchanges that are accepting registrations and doing a few very small trial transactions to see what performance is like. Coinbase to Kraken was slow yesterday and I've a couple of other outgoing transactions from Coinbase from this morning still pending.

Kraken is up as much as it's down :mad:

F**k F**kity F**k F**k .... still pending!! These b*astards must be costing people a fortune in lost trades!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Still waiting on a BTC payment sent from Coinbase - showing as pending - 6 hours ago

I moved some more Ether from CB today, that was completed before my transaction I made last night which is still pending :mad:

Anddddddd Coinbase down again...no bitcoin buys/sells available at the moment

• Advertisement

SEPA test transaction of €50 sent out yesterday morning ~10am arrived in my Kraken account at 17:20 so about 7-8 hours all in. Coinbase outgoing transactions seem to be working but slow. Reckon I'll stick more with Kraken going forward for any new trades and check out Bitstamp when my verification filters through. Unless you're buying coins already on Coinbase using it just seems like an added expense and time-lag for no gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

lordlame wrote: »
    Still waiting on a BTC payment sent from Coinbase - showing as pending - 6 hours ago

I'm waiting nearly 24 hours, get comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Coinbase status still shows - BTC and ETH are experiencing a significant delay, and customers should anticipate a wait time of 12+ hours.

Funny that the overall status is Minor Service Outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

benjamin d wrote: »
    Coinbase are warning of 12+ hour delays on BTC and ETH transactions... I'm trying to get on board with TRX on Binance before the announcement tomorrow and it's looking increasingly unlikely for me :(

Buy on the rumour, sell on the news

Typically when the announcement is actually made, the stuff dives. Typically. That said this market isn't rational right now.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Buy on the rumour, sell on the news

Typically when the announcement is actually made, the stuff dives. Typically. That said this market isn't rational right now.

I got in eventually at $0.17 on a decent dip. I must have been one of the last who got registered on binance because they're locked down to new regs now. That alone will lead to a lag and then a surge when the floodgates open IMO. There was no big announcement in the stream this morning so nothing changes just yet.

benjamin d wrote: »
    I got in eventually at $0.17 on a decent dip. I must have been one of the last who got registered on binance because they're locked down to new regs now. That alone will lead to a lag and then a surge when the floodgates open IMO. There was no big announcement in the stream this morning so nothing changes just yet.

What did you get in on?

What did you get in on?

TRX. It had been at 0.32+. Lots of FUD going round on it so it's a risk but it's all profit for me at this stage so what the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

soirish wrote: »

We're talking about TRX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

3rd verification rejected on coinbase. How the hell can I get verified?

Advertisement