Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

• 05-01-2018 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Given TRON's meteoric rise in the past month it might be time to give it a thread on it's own.

Currently trading at $0.21 on Binance as I type this.

Some of the posters mentioned over on the Altcoin thread that there is a bonus for people who register on the TRON website and transfer some TRX to their wallet.

Justin Sun (founder of Tron) said this “We are very confident that TRON will reach a target of one million wallets registered within a year. The first million registered users will be rewarded with considerable TRX tokens by registering on the TRON platform.”

See link to reddit article on how to register for website. This was already put up on the alt coin thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/wiki/walletsetup

I managed to sign up and transferred over a small amount of TRX to their wallet and my TRX balance seems to have doubled. It looks like the TRON wallet is where you freeze TRON to receive Tron Power (TP).

Whitepaper article on TRON here:

https://dn-peiwo-web.qbox.me/Tron-Whitepaper-1031-V18-EN.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Tango One

The site hangs for me after I tried to fill in the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

That whitepaper is pretty painful, it appears the main point of Tron is to take the internet away from the corporates; Facebook, Amazon, WeChat, QQ, etc and give it "back to the people"

Yet down the bottom the CEO has a link to their Facebook, WeChat and QQ

A decentralized internet content portal from a Chinese company... a country where the internet is tightly controlled

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I managed to sign up and transferred over a small amount of TRX to their wallet and my TRX balance seems to have doubled. It looks like the TRON wallet is where you freeze TRON to receive Tron Power (TP).
    ]

Just to clarify, do you mean the amount you transferred to the Tron wallet doubled? Or your entire holding?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

Can someone explain the tron power thing to me. Apparently you lock your trx in exchange for voting rights, and possibly double your trx holdings in the wallet. But these are then not available to trade. Is this for a set among of time? What's the advantage?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

Given TRON's meteoric rise in the past month it might be time to give it a thread on it's own.

Currently trading at $0.21 on Binance as I type this.

Some of the posters mentioned over on the Altcoin thread that there is a bonus for people who register on the TRON website and transfer some TRX to their wallet.

Justin Sun (founder of Tron) said this “We are very confident that TRON will reach a target of one million wallets registered within a year. The first million registered users will be rewarded with considerable TRX tokens by registering on the TRON platform.”

See link to reddit article on how to register for website. This was already put up on the alt coin thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/wiki/walletsetup

Whitepaper article on TRON here:

https://dn-peiwo-web.qbox.me/Tron-Whitepaper-1031-V18-EN.pdf

I have some TRON on Binance. I only got invested in TRON for one reason, their Guru (Justin Sun) is a Marketing Genius. He's very active on social media keeping all their Investors updated on a daily basis. It's very reassuring. I haven't looked into the wallet yet, but I plan to do so today. Was there a minimum amount of TRON you have to deposit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

I'm thankful for the free 200$ from them but I'll never invest in this

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

OldHouse wrote: »
    I have some TRON on Binance. I only got invested in TRON foe one reason, their Guru (Justin Sun) is a Marketing Genius. He's very active on social media keeping all their Investors updated on a daily basis. It's very reassuring. I haven't looked into the wallet yet, but I plan to do so today. Was there a minimum amount of TRON you have to deposit?

Haven't seen anywhere that mentions a deposit required, just registration?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

banie01 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, do you mean the amount you transferred to the Tron wallet doubled? Or your entire holding?

I only transferred 200 Tronix to their wallet and that doubled to 400. Glad I only transferred that amount though because their website is hopeless. Can't log in since last night.

It didn't show in the wallet that my Tronix were locked and I didn't receive in TP for anyone wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I have some TRON on Binance. I only got invested in TRON foe one reason, their Guru (Justin Sun) is a Marketing Genius. He's very active on social media keeping all their Investors updated on a daily basis. It's very reassuring. I haven't looked into the wallet yet, but I plan to do so today. Was there a minimum amount of TRON you have to deposit?

I wouldn't say he is a marketing genius but he is definitely helping it grow by tweeting about all the "big things" to come in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I only transferred 200 Tronix to their wallet and that doubled to 400. Glad I only transferred that amount though because their website is hopeless. Can't log in since last night.

It didn't show in the wallet that my Tronix were locked and I didn't receive in TP for anyone wondering.

I has the same problem. Had to switch from Chrome to Firefox and that sorted the issue.

I haven't seen any doubling of my coins though unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

I have some TRON on Binance. I only got invested in TRON foe one reason, their Guru (Justin Sun) is a Marketing Genius. He's very active on social media keeping all their Investors updated on a daily basis. It's very reassuring. I haven't looked into the wallet yet, but I plan to do so today. Was there a minimum amount of TRON you have to

A Chinese crypto? A government that tightly controls the financial system and dislikes speculation never mind any encryption .

A Chinese crypto? A government that tightly controls the financial system and dislikes speculation never mind any encryption .

I don't get what your point is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I have some TRON on Binance. I only got invested in TRON foe one reason, their Guru (Justin Sun) is a Marketing Genius. He's very active on social media keeping all their Investors updated on a daily basis. It's very reassuring. I haven't looked into the wallet yet, but I plan to do so today. Was there a minimum amount of TRON you have to

Wonder if they could all go at once or will the Chinese wait for the 'western' blocks to reach for the crypto ban hammer first.

Smiles35 wrote: »

Wonder if they could all go at once or will the Chinese wait for the 'western' blocks to reach for the crypto ban hammer first.

Jezz, everyone is quite negative in hear today...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

Do we need to Freeze our TRX to recieve rewards or just leave it in their wallet?

Just sent 1,100 TRX to it with a 30 TRX fee from Binance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Isn't the bonus only to happen when accounts reach 1,000,000?

There's supposed to be an English version of their site coming next week. I think I'll wait till then to use my wallet there, and keep my TRX somewhere when I can ditch it if things go pear-shaped in the interim.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I haven't read anything about having to deposit TRX into the wallet. All I've seen is to open a wallet and once it reaches 1m accounts will be credited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I haven't read anything about having to deposit TRX into the wallet. All I've seen is to open a wallet and once it reaches 1m accounts will be credited.

Thanks. Just activated my account. This is the only thing I've done re Crypto currency. And a complete novice.

It's a pity it's still in Chinese. But, I'll follow this thread to see where it goes.

Cheers

I've done well from TRON and have traded up from my initial investment by being lucky enough on each of my trades to have bought low and sold high, rolling over into a higher overall holding each time.

My initial TRON was bought @0.02c and last night it hit @0.32c at 1 point before droping back to @0.20c again today!

The white paper for this coin is very aspirational and buzz word friendly with its stated aim, but very light on how they actually intend to achieve their aims.
    The amount of money that flowed to this coin over the last few days is staggering but I'm struggling to see a real world implementation that justifies not cashing out.
    Coupled with my concerns regarding the compatibility of chinese based crypto with a central market economy/control and the risks inherent there.
    Its a conundrum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Got in at 4 cent. I think if it hits 40 cent I'll cut and run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

banie01 wrote: »

The white paper for this coin is very aspirational and buzz word friendly with its stated aim, but very light on how they actually intend to achieve their aims.
    The amount of money that flowed to this coin over the last few days is staggering but I'm struggling to see a real world implementation that justifies not cashing out.
    Coupled with my concerns regarding the compatibility of chinese based crypto with a central market economy/control and the risks inherent there.
    Its a conundrum!

This doesn't sound like a conundrum it sounds like an obvious reason to cash out and you just want to be talked out of it.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This doesn't sound like a conundrum it sounds like an obvious reason to cash out and you just want to be talked out of it.

Well more that I'm hoping someone has a contrary view of their white paper and can convince me otherwise ;)
    That said its a 95% certainty I'm cashing out unless I come across some new info.

Dades wrote: »
    Isn't the bonus only to happen when accounts reach 1,000,000?

There's supposed to be an English version of their site coming next week. I think I'll wait till then to use my wallet there, and keep my TRX somewhere when I can ditch it if things go pear-shaped in the interim.

I just register there for a wallet. Do we know if you have to deposit trx to recieve Airdrop and also is there a place I can check how many wallets have being created so far?

I just register there for a wallet. Do we know if you have to deposit trx to recieve Airdrop and also is there a place I can check how many wallets have being created so far?

If you click on the ENG button it brings you to a tab with some stats in English. I think there was some 324k odd wallets.

If you click on the ENG button it brings you to a tab with some stats in English. I think there was some 324k odd wallets.

Thanks so the Users is the registered Wallet owners. Cheers

Thanks so the Users is the registered Wallet owners. Cheers

That's my assumption. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Still a way to go to a million wallets.

Thats good.

When those bonuses kick in in the weeks after, it'll surely devalue the coin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just something worth doing, and then forgetting about, tbh.

#rememberthefreeXLMs

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

I deposited 500trx from my liqui account that I was given as an airdrop or something in september, to a wallet on tron.network - It doubled when the deposit was recognised, 500trx - 50trx for fee -> 900trx

Can I simply wash this trx through an exchange and double it again to a different wallet? Is there a limit to how much they will double?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

I cant seem to login to the website on my laptop, can get in on the phone but the account wont authorise properly. anyone else have any issues with this?

Advertisement