Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PP saying my bet lost but it didn't

• 03-11-2017 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Bit of a vent here..

I placed a small bet last monday night on the newcastle burnley game. The bet was for what was going to be the next set piece between 45.00 and 49.59. I bet on it being a throw in at 8/11. I placed the bet at 20.59 according to my bet receipt.

At 45.55 the ball goes out for a throw in and my bet is a winner. I go to check my winnings and paddy has it declared a lost bet so I queried it on paddy power.

They check and tell me that the first set piece was a free after a foul by Diame at 46.29.

So I watched it all again and lo and behold the free from diame results after the throw in is made.

So I queried it again and they said they'd check. No reply until I prompt them again the next day.

They come back and say that its a losing bet so I ask for it to be elevated to a manager and they recommend an email.

I send an email and am told in the reply it will be up to 48 hours before you hear back. 48 hours pass and nothing back so I go back to twitter and query again. This time I include a screenshot of the throw in being taken.

They send it for rechecking and come back to me with a view that the bet was a losing bet after a free was awarded at 45.09 and the throw in was at 45.32.

So I record the opening 1 minute and 9 seconds of the second half and send it to them pointing out that no free was awarded at 45.09 and no throw in at 45.32 and the first set piece was 45.55.

I receive an email back from a manager shortly later saying that the bet is a losing bet as a free was awarded at 45.09. They include a snippet of their match report which is of the 44th minute and the 45th minute including injury time where this free was awarded at 45.09. So it is awarded in injury time before the end of the first half.

Before my bet was placed...

I'm raging with them as it's so obvious that I won the bet and I cant see how they can argue against it.

Rant over..

I'm waiting to hear back from them before I close my account and go elsewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Alkers

So by their logic you could watch first half injury time to see if any set pieces occured, then during half time make a bet what the next set piece was and it would win?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Now you have it. Here's to my mortgage getting paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Morgans

You have discovered a flaw in their system. You could fight and argue about it here and inform them of their flaw, which they dont seem too interested in resolving. Its the honourable thing to do, as you have a clear winner. However, you could play this in a different way if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I am not a soccer punter only having an occasional football bet,you would want to see the small print relating to time added on and how it is calculated,say if 49 minutes were played in the first half does that mean the second half kicks off in the 50th minute for cards,set piece bets ect?.I certainly do not know but I presume its in the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I am not a soccer punter only having an occasional football bet,you would want to see the small print relating to time added on and how it is calculated,say if 49 minutes were played in the first half does that mean the second half kicks off in the 50th minute for cards,set piece bets ect?.I certainly do not know but I presume its in the small print.

But if they are operating such a system of time as you describe here then they allowed rondeco to place a bet after the event - and crucially a bet they knew had lost after the event where it lost. Is that in their small print.
    It is unethical and underhanded to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Definitely sounds like you won. If their bet is for 45.00 and 49.59 then it is the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half.

Maybe someone else could ask them on Twitter and see what they say. Don't link it back to the OP. Just enquire and get clarification from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Goal Minutes
    The goal minutes market is the total of the time in minutes of each goal scored. A goal scored at 23mins 25seconds will be settled as the 24th minute.
    All injury time goals will be counted as either 45 for injury time at the end of the first half or 90 for injury time at the end of the second half.
    This bet is 90 minutes only - extra time and penalties do not count.
    For team goal minutes, own goals count for the team that are awarded the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Just to make it clear,i have no idea whatsoever what method is used and is is impossible for PP to have a method that allows one to be after the event.

It would seem the OP should be paid on the basis of what he described so well and he should insist on going to arbitration to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

That is a winning bet.

Fill in a complaint form to IBAS. They rule on bookie complaints and thier descion is binding. It is a free service too. A lot think bookies don't have to pay out if they don't want to but this is not actually true if they are in IBAS.

http://www.ibas-uk.com

PP would not pay out on a bet to me a few years ago. IBAS overturned it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

PP are the worst bookies on the planet - they are the Ryanair of bookies - absolute muck - I switched to boyles 4 years ago and am delighted with their service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Alkers

rondeco wrote: »
    Now you have it. Here's to my mortgage getting paid off

Sorry for the bump, just remembered this and wondered if you'd got anywhere with the refund or tried any similar "bets" now you know how their system works?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Yeah after going back and forth with a manager loads of times they eventually admitted that my bet had come in and gave me my winnings. Also offered me a €20 euro free bet which I rejected and told them that unless I was offered a decent compensation for all the crap i had to go through I would close the account.

I got €40 free bet.

Which i accepted and lost on the very next bet!

Advertisement