Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Participants needed for online survey exploring models of mental wellbeing.

• 03-01-2018 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    My name is Lauren Mawn, originally from Donegal and I am currently completing my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Newcastle University.
    As part of this I'm carrying out research on the relationship between uncertainty and mental health difficulties. To begin this research the team are seeking to explore more about uncertainty and people’s responses within a general population aged 18+.
    The aim of this study is to understand how people think about and respond to uncertain situations. Once we know more about this in general, we hope this will enable us to explore the links with those who experience distress and mental health difficulties. Understanding these links is important for the development of research exploring effective treatments.

This study is completely online, and has been taking participants approximately 40 minutes to finish. It is best completed on a computer as it is difficult to read some of the scenarios outlined on a mobile device. The information sheet and consent form are at the start of the online survey, followed by a series of questionnaires. The application to carry out this research has been reviewed and approved by an Ethics Committee at Newcastle University.

Participants who wish will be able to enter their email address at the end to be entered in a draw for a £25 Amazon voucher, which will be pulled every 20 participants. This draw is only open to residents of the UK and Ireland.

Please find the link to the study below:

http://nclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5sSjpbDH9JW9obj

Please do not hesitate to contact me on the email address listed below if you have any additional questions.

Your participation is GREATLY appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dr Lauren Mawn
    Trainee Clinical Psychologist

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi mawn_g,
    I will alert a few other of our Science category forums to see if their members would be interested in your study, and direct them to this post in our Researcher forum. Folks are just coming off the holiday break, so there may be a delay of a couple days before they see your post.

If I can be of further help, PM me.
    Black Swan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lmawn

Amazing. - Thanks Black Swan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Forums now linked to this Researcher forum post:
    • Psychology
    • Anthropology, Sociology & Culture
    • Long Term Illness

Advertisement