Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ahh we meet again Mr. Bond...

• 03-01-2018 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Sorry, mightn't be worthy of it's own thread but I couldn't help myself!

Blofeld.jpg

What are people's feelings towards Spectre Coin?

A lot of things being written about it's potential for growth given it's low supply and market cap coupled with the various privacy features.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I think its really good, I looked into all the privacy coins ages back and choose this one. Recently its really started to move, sadly just after I sold 80% of mine!

What might be better, if and when its gets launched, is Stone, a DAG (vs blockchain) privacy coin forked from Raiblocks. Feeless, instant (or at least massively high TPS) and privacy orientated.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Went for Iota over Raiblocks myself :( so must do some reading up on Stone - thanks!

I read an article that Egypt's top Imam spoke out against Bitcoin as a form of gambling so hopefully more similar stories will help push privacy coins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

So what makes this privacy coin unique?

Blacktie. wrote: »
    So what makes this privacy coin unique?

Not a clue, I wouldn't be tech savvy but most comparisons between monero, dash, zcash and others suggest this running on the Tor Network so ability to hide IP addresses is a positive.

A lot of hype on other forums about this, so some good auld Irish honestly appreciated - good / bad prospect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

running on the Tor Network so ability to hide IP addresses is a positive.

Do coins like this really have a future? Seems to be me if any regulation/crackdown comes in, the likes of these things will be shut down?

• Advertisement

Can this be regulated? - outside of the exchanges it's a free for all once the coins are in private wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I've read the limited info on Spectre. Begs the question, who would be the user of such tech? I'm probably being ignorant here as I've done f**k studying up on privacy coins but the cynic in me just screams criminality use cases.

I'm hoping for a lot of rich white collar criminals and maybe a few North Koreans....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

The new Panama papers and dark net currency. I believe the coin to beat them all is Monero that's why I want to know any benefits over it. So far nothing has beaten it for tech as far as I can tell.

If anyone is interested in finding out more, spectre community and devs very active on Slack answering questions and giving updates:

https://spectreproject.slack.com/archives/C2WAASQF7/p1514853520000065

Also new website launch on Monday (8th) along with latest version release! Hopefully will see a bit of a pump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jon1981 wrote: »
    I've read the limited info on Spectre. Begs the question, who would be the user of such tech? I'm probably being ignorant here as I've done f**k studying up on privacy coins but the cynic in me just screams criminality use cases.

This is why privacy coins are so incredibly important.

We've already taken massive steps toward the realm of 1984.
    People should be asserting their right to privacy and if they were making use of that right everybody would be using a private ledger.
    It should be up to a criminal justice system to prove a crime, not just presumed by everyone because somebody opted for privacy.

It's amazing the ideals society has given up on since social media pushed to the fore

Advertisement