Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Americans - RTE pace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

it seems to be lost to amazon prime? season 6 will only be a few months away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Amazon Prime in Ireland only has seasons 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

ITV 4 is showing season 5 episode 1 very late tomorrow night 1.30am (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning)

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail/2708441/134334718/the-americans

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

brian_t wrote: »
    ITV 4 is showing season 5 episode 1 very late tomorrow night 1.30am (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning)

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail/2708441/134334718/the-americans

Do you know if there is a simple way to record ITV4 on my sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm in the same boat, and don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

No ITV4 on Sky I am afraid - virgin only as far as I know !
    Hopefully RTE will be showing it at some stage this year ...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

This is for me one of the most frustrating things about RTE, they get these shows, show them in good time slots and then 'retire' them to graveyard slots for later seasons and never tell anyone. Personally I don't care about the times as I like to record and binge watch later but you need to know when it's on. Tried contacting RTE on season 4 last year and got no reply on twitter

I will be keeping a close eye on the tv guides for season 5, if I spot it then I'll post it here. I have seen a few American TV series appear on RTE 2 for the middle of the night, which as I said is fine if you are setting it to record,

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

will try itv 4 ,ep 2 on wednight thurs am 12.55

rte not showing having taken the previous 4 series frustrating

They did the same with Person of Interest, showed the first four seasons and not bothered showing the fifth and final season!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

From brian_t in the US/FX thread.
    brian_t wrote: »
    The Americans season 5 starts on RTE Two at 11:45pm on Wednesday 14th March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

From brian_t in the US/FX thread.

Thanks, delighted this is back, no doubts we'll have the same problem for the final season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Anyone have any idea when season 6 is coming on any available channel? I tried programming ITV, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Season 6 started Wed 4th Of April on ITV 4 @ 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Never realised it was back on RTE until today, S6 ep4 on tonight.

Kinda raging I missed the first 3 episodes but it's a slow burner anyway so doubt I missed out on too much.

Never realised it was back on RTE until today, S6 ep4 on tonight.

Kinda raging I missed the first 3 episodes but it's a slow burner anyway so doubt I missed out on too much.

Not interested on watching it on RTÉ player?

Rasmus wrote: »
    Not interested on watching it on RTÉ player?

yep just thought of that after I posted!

yep just thought of that after I posted!

I ended up ordering the DVD. They're all very good - enjoy 🙂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoy the final stretch of episodes, folks. :)

Enjoy the final stretch of episodes, folks. :)

yes so jealous of those still watching it - great show … final episode was Epic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is this the final season? if so how many episodes left?

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    is this the final season? if so how many episodes left?

6 is the final season, with 10 episodes. RTE have aired 4/10, so far.

has this series bombed in the states? seems to be more or less forgotten about, little or no promotion

fryup wrote: »
    has this series bombed in the states? seems to be more or less forgotten about, little or no promotion

It's a slow burn cable drama with limited appeal (its Russian element would be off-putting to some) and is about a marriage, as much as it is about other stuff. Other than critics and an online fanbase it doesn't have much traction. It ended last May in the US. I'm surprised RTE stuck with it given the small audience for something like this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

when it started it was promoted to the hilt, ITV were showing it..and then after the first series ended it just kinda fizzled out

Elizabeth killed more people in these 4 episodes that she did in the previous 5 seasons!

that do-gooder daughter wrecked my head...did she turn assassin?

Elizabeth killed more people in these 4 episodes that she did in the previous 5 seasons!

You caught up, then?

It's a slow burn cable drama with limited appeal (its Russian element would be off-putting to some) and is about a marriage, as much as it is about other stuff. Other than critics and an online fanbase it doesn't have much traction. It ended last May in the US. I'm surprised RTE stuck with it given the small audience for something like this.

oh I loved it - its my top series that I recommend to people… has a certain cult following I think at time but I think its growing now that it over.
    It was so well made ( esp the setting and the 80's look) … I know some of the plots out there and dramatized but fascinating all the same on what went on back then and the goings on of the "centre" !

Solid 10/10 series for me :p

^^^^^
    i think if you lived through the 80's and the whole cold war thingy, i think you'd appreciated this series more

*can't wait for Chernobyl

• Advertisement

You caught up, then?

I did.

Advertisement