Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wave or Verge

• 24-12-2017 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

HI,

I have 700 to invest on another coin. I was thinking Wave or Verge.

Any ideas on which you think has greater chance? I think Verge is up 100% today so maybe there will be pull back...

But then there might not be!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Verge is looking like a great privacy coin for 2018 and a real challenger to the likes of Monero and Zcash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Waves if it's between those two. Actually does something interesting, could see it ballooning.

Verge is a house of cards.

grindle wrote: »
    Waves if it's between those two. Actually does something interesting, could see it ballooning.

Verge is a house of cards

I'd be interested to hear more about this. I'm looking for all opinions on XVG at the moment, both good and bad.

Unfortunately, every second post on Reddit is wankery about going to the moon, and a Google news search is dominated by the McAfee tweets.

Even after watching some Youtube videos on channels which usually offer me clarity on cryptos and technology, I'm not much wiser on where it fits into the future - Eg. I can see why XRP would be useful to banks, why IOTA would be useful for the blossoming smart economy, where is XVG going? 'Privacy' remains unproven at the moment, as far as I know.

I've a small position on XVG since last week, but out of all my Alts (5 or so) it is the only one I bought mainly on a hunch, rather than going for it because of the company, tech and their potential.

Now, that hunch did make me some gains this week. I am strongly considering increasing my position before the Wraith protocol gets implemented, that's if it pulls back a bit in price. However, more than the money, I'm interested to know about the 'house of cards' aspect.

Just looking at the market trades on Binance at the moment- There are a lot of investors since pre-1c days who are selling numbers like 30,000-50,000 coins. A lot of money being made on XVG now. I wonder will this bring the price down a fair bit (c. 1/3) by the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

where is XVG going? 'Privacy' remains unproven at the moment, as far as I know.

There's no reason it can't continue to make people shítloads of money BUT:

It's a privacy coin with little in the way of privacy built into it.
    When it does have Wraith implemented it will still be inferior to XMR and Aeon as the privacy is optional.

House of cards: it went 20-30x after being shilled by McAfee with no news, no impressive developments, not much in the way of a USP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

grindle wrote: »
    There's no reason it can't continue to make people shítloads of money BUT:

It's a privacy coin with little in the way of privacy built into it.
    When it does have Wraith implemented it will still be inferior to XMR and Aeon as the privacy is optional.

House of cards: it went 20-30x after being shilled by McAfee with no news, no impressive developments, not much in the way of a USP.

Disclaimer that I am probably bias based on XMR holdings but XVG is a s**e. c**n but that said s**it coins can make you an awful lot of money as John WankAfee has just shown but in a proper shake up this looks like an awful hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Serious dump in verge going on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Serious dump in verge going on now.

Serious market manipulation. There was a tweet from a source advising people to sell which has now been deleted. Price tanked and a new address bought a **** tonne of coins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vergecurrency/comments/7m47kd/some_one_is_trying_to_buy_cheap_verge_he_was_not/

Serious market manipulation. There was a tweet from a source advising people to sell which has now been deleted. Price tanked and a new address bought a **** tonne of coins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vergecurrency/comments/7m47kd/some_one_is_trying_to_buy_cheap_verge_he_was_not/

This guy explains it well in the first half of this video...

Another observer elaborates in a slightly less colourful tone...

If this was a FUD maneuver, it was a hell of a one in fairness. Verge or not, if you are invested in Cryptos and especially someone new to trading them, this is a good example of what can happen in this unregulated environment.

I have many concerns about Verge, especially with some more research over Christmas. However, given the volatility of the crypto market and the fact that sense =/= success in this game...

4Dc7bzv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

If you are looking at Verge but undecided, have a look at Raiblocks. No privacy angle but lightning fast transfers and free. Other than an active community it has no McAfee style propaganda going on yet still gaining big time over the last 30days.

Advertisement