Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to get the wife for Christmas???

Options
  • 24-12-2017 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

As the thread title says Im really struggling as to what to get the wife for Xmas. Has anyone any ideas?? Whats the best perfume to get for women? Please help, panic stations really starting to set in now!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well there is no 'best perfume to get women' as all women are different! I hate perfume, for example.
    Does she wear perfume? If so, what does she wear?
    Does she have any interests/hobbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Obviously depends on what she is into but stuff I would be thrilled to receive - a voucher to get my hair done/voucher for a salon if she goes to one for facial or nails or anything/ a day spa voucher or hotel break/I love all Marc Jacobs perfume but perhaps check out what she already has/ Pandora charm/a vibrator/check out what skin care products she uses and if any are nearly all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A €100 note with a post it attached to it telling her to buy something she will like with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Have a look at the jewellery she has. Is it modern, traditional, gold, silver, rose gold. Something simple, elegant, that won't date. Get the gift wrapped nicely, that means a lot. Keep away from what's "in" or "on trend". Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Is she into hair? A decent hair straightener or hair dryer. I sympathise as I wouldn't know where to start if my boyfriend didn't give me a clue as to what he wanted. If he hadn't of told me I would just buy a hair salon voucher and a nice aftershave or in your case perfume .. maybe a voucher for a lovely restaurant, a voucher for getting her makeup done in Debenhams, cool kitchen gadgets if she's interested in cooking , book voucher if she reads, nice earrings or bracelet , hard to know really, or a decent phone if hers is getting old:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I think you can’t go wrong with jewelry as long as it is good quality and by good quality I mean expensive.
    Go and look at what she is wearing now or is on her nightstand.
    Go to the jewelers tomorrow and describe it to him/her and ask them to recommend something .
    You’d better head out in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Jaysus man you're cutting it fine. You're endangering festive sexy time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Gym membership

Thats what I got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Does she need new runners?
    Perfume is a good one see what her favorite type is.
    Nick backs for the house like candles, candle holders, newcwine glasses etc.

Jewellery is a good one but get type right so silver, white gold and gold....

Holiday!!!

Flowers, chocolates...

Something like above which makes her feel as special as she deserves....

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Whilst you're on the internet why not book a weekend away in the new year somewhere right now, print out the booking details and receipt. Viola - gift done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Whilst you're on the internet why not book a weekend away in the new year somewhere right now, print out the booking details and receipt. Viola - gift done!

That’s a great idea. Or even a posh hotel and a show that she would like in Dublin/Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bag of chips and tell her you love her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bag of chips and tell her you love her!!

This isn't after hours....
    Can't be at that... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

BuboBubo wrote: »

^^^ That, or maybe a DNA test or 'Buy a star'..............

DNA tests seem to be like the modern day horoscope, people will pick the best bits out that suit them :)

"I was related to Royalty 800 years ago?

I knew it!
    "

Buying a Star, imo is horribly cheesy and daft, but i found out recently that it is well received.
    You could, in theory name a star yourself and make up a certificate.
    If anyone argues with you, ever, say to them "go away".

I would go with the trip away :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

A €100 note with a post it attached to it telling her to buy something she will like with it.

Jesus, if I only gave my wife 100 Euro I'd be a dead man

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sineadch

Living social or Groupon do great deals for wkends away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

You are the only person who knows your wife here. I’m not into jewellery, don’t wear perfume or make up often. My hair stuff is very very specific as I wear it curly and thus don’t use heat on it st all.

Most of this thread wouldn’t apply to me.

Things that I’ve gotten: useful technology e.g. Bluetooth speaker or external cd drive, sheet music voucher for my piano, garmin vivosmart watch, phone upgrades, books (fiction or relevant to my likes), pj’s (in the correct size), amazon echo for kitchen (looove this for timers/Spotify/meat temperatures).

Spa vouchers and holidays would work here

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You are the only person who knows your wife here. I’m not into jewellery, don’t wear perfume or make up often. My hair stuff is very very specific as I wear it curly and thus don’t use heat on it st all.

Most of this thread wouldn’t apply to me.

So you can jump into the shower without a seconds thought, think it's enough of a present you just being you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

So you can jump into the shower without a seconds thought, think it's enough of a present you just being you.

I’ve read this a few times, am I missing something? My hair takes just as long to prep as hairdryers and straighteners unfortunately if that’s what you mean. Otherwise it’s a frizzy mess and has to be tied up

Advertisement