Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Altcoin predictions for 2018

• 23-12-2017 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Just looking into altcoins not gambled yet. But might do so soon. What are the best altcoins to buy for 2018 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

The one's I see doing very well for a long-term investment are...

Cardano ADA
    Stellar xlm
    EOS and definitely Verge, Verge is a really great project and I'm sure it will be one of the good ones indeed.
    IOTA

Do as much research as you can on all alt's, then make your mind up.

ADA...

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

not gambled yet

Terrible way to look at things, and an even worse way to think about investing

If you do some research and look at what a coin does differently or better than others you shouldn't be gambling you'd be investing into or backing a project you have faith in

I can see raiblocks doing well in 2018 as well as vertcoin, any coin that's ever going to be adapted as a payment method needs to be cheap and fast to transfer so I'd be putting my faith into anything that does this well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What are the best altcoins to buy for 2018?

1. "Safe" or unsafe?

2. A lot of people will end up shilling coins they have bags of that they'd like to grow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Any research I've done seem to point at ripple growing even further, Verge has massive potential and Siacoin is also looking strong. Another one to keep an eye on is XP.

The only one I currently hold is Ripple, the rest are what I'm considering buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Can see Verge being a big one next year, Cardano and possibly Golem too.

One that I'm holding some of is Genesis Vision (GVT), there's only 4.5 million max token supply and they are launching 1st version of trading platform at start of April so I expect price to shoot up around then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Any thought on 'REQ' ?

It looks very interesting. The team behind it have already managed a very successful project previously. If they can pull off half the things they are talking about doing this could be a big winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I have a small bit invested in wabi and substratum. I think both are very interesting products and could have a good 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

I like the look of ICON (ICX). Korean platfrom similar to NEO in concept. If it gets on a Korean exchange it could be in for a huge rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

SkySter wrote: »
    I like the look of ICON (ICX). Korean platfrom similar to NEO in concept. If it gets on a Korean exchange it could be in for a huge rise.

Lisk will be big in 2018.... Rebrand coming in Feb and development kit soon after... Currently 17 and I expect it to hit 50 around rebrand... 100 by end of 2018... Very transparent company with meetups shown on YouTube..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

jobless wrote: »
    Lisk will be big in 2018.... Rebrand coming in Feb and development kit soon after... Currently 17 and I expect it to hit 50 around rebrand... 100 by end of 2018... Very transparent company with meetups shown on YouTube..

i'd go a lot higher than 100, a few coins are going to go into k's next year - ethereum, litecoin etc Lisk will be up there if they nail the rebranding and release the sdk, hard to know if k's or high 00's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Elessar

I can see DENT being fairly big in the mobile data space, particularly in developing countries where mobile data is expensive. App releasing on iOS this week and Android Q1 2018, they have quite a few telcos on board.

SunContract (SNC) is another one with real potential (allows buying/selling of clean energy (solar) from regular people who produce it).

Both fairly cheap still. I only have one of these two coins :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Elessar wrote: »

SunContract (SNC) is another one with real potential (allows buying/selling of clean energy (solar) from regular people who produce it).

Similar to Power Ledger (POWR)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I have a small bit invested in wabi and substratum. I think both are very interesting products and could have a good 2018.

I like Wabi too, but the team are all Russian, with just an outside Chinese consultant which would give me concerns over their ability to do business there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I think Raiblocks could have a very interesting future. No transaction fees, and very fast. Could potentially be adopted en-masse in developing nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I'd be buying the likes of Eos but for the fact that bank transfers won't reach the exchange before 27th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Happy Christmas crypto folk, may 2018 bring a lavish lifestyle to all. If you got in early have a great one. ;)

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

What's people's opinion on REQ? See it being pushed on the eth subreddits alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Blacktie. wrote: »
    What's people's opinion on REQ? See it being pushed on the eth subreddits alot.

A little of topic but where do you folks go to get some info apart from Reddit? I’ve tried to use it but it feels like I am being punched in my eyeballs when I read it...

Any alternatives for crypto?

frag420 wrote: »
    A little of topic but where do you folks go to get some info apart from Reddit? I’ve tried to use it but it feels like I am being punched in my eyeballs when I read it...

The whitepaper. Read it. Apart from that you are shooting in the dark. Someone here recently laughed at people that said this was all gambling but that is essentially what it all boils down to at the end of day. You are hopefully gambling with an edge if you have done your homework but you still need a huge element of luck.

I read about ideas, after which I listen to podcasts and I read forum posts that give an opinion coupled with what you think about the team which is generally the main driving factor. As Vitalik Buterin said 90% of these coins/ideas will fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Drumorig

frag420 wrote: »

bitcointalk.org would be the main one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

From what I see alot if not all of there proposals do not need a crypo currency to function. The crypo currency seems more a way the creators can get some serious REAL cash in their pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

From what I see alot if not all of there proposals do not need a crypo currency to function. The crypo currency seems more a way the creators can get some serious REAL cash in their pockets.

P.S This is gambling not investing

P.S This is gambling not investing

Semantics really as most investing could be classed as gambling. That was found out the hard way by lots of people after the last economic collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

i'd go a lot higher than 100, a few coins are going to go into k's next year - ethereum, litecoin etc Lisk will be up there if they nail the rebranding and release the sdk, hard to know if k's or high 00's.

I think they (LSK) have a big future too, but "into the k's"? As in thousands per coin? Even 1000 would put Lisk at a market cap of $116billion (at current supply), ie the same as Ethereum + Ripple + Litecoin combined. That seems grossly optimistic, but it is a strange market. I've heard they might hit mid $80's in Feb if the rebrand kicks off.

I see Raiblocks mentioned too. Its going up and up recently and its not even on a real exchange. I tried sending some transactions.. man its so fast, really is as good as they said it was. Could do with a rebrand too, even to Ray ("Rai" = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_stones, pronounced Raay).

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Advertisement