Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New coins 2018

• 20-12-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

What will you all be investing in for 2018 seeing as 2017 has been such a rollercoaster of a ride :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Been watching Dash, Monero and Zcash for a while now and all be investing soon. Privacy coins are set to be huge in 2018 especially once regulation comes down on the exchanges, which is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 summerhills

Interested in EOS, IOTA and Powerledger, have a small bit in Litecoin but may move that to Monero ?

How do you find information on new projects and coins coming up in 2018, startups ? Apologies if theis has been answered already, it's a minefield of information out there at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hoping on good things from REQ and VEN, already x5 my investment and I think 2018 will be great for them.

IOTA and raiblocks should be a good investment as well as NEO and OMG

A lot of uncertainty in the market right now with BTC growing pains, could see a major shift if it loses its number 1 spot causing a long bear market but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I have a good stash of monero and iota that have gone up nicely this year. I 'm expecting them shoot up a good bit next year.

IOTA is moving nicely, good set of devs, are very transparent with what they are doing and they are starting to get some good partners on board.

There are currently no hardware wallet support for monero, ledger will be adding it before end of Q1 next year plus I wouldn't be surprised to see it trading on coinbase next year. Either of these 2 events will push the price.
    Also check out https://xmr.to/ if you want to purchase privately online with monero.

Ark is the one I will be watching closely next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Selik wrote: »
    Been watching Dash, Monero and Zcash for a while now and all be investing soon. Privacy coins are set to be huge in 2018 especially once regulation comes down on the exchanges, which is inevitable.

Good coins, but won't the privacy ultimately destroy them? it will attract a lot of people who want to hide their activity - tax evaders, launderers, fraud, criminals, corrupt officials/businessmen/politicians/people etc

I know it's long term only but if there's ever a regulatory crackdown on coins, these will be first on the chopping block, which would result in drastic value drops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Can I ask as silly question

What Wallet is reccomended if you plan to invest in different currencies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Lisk is going to smash it in 2018! Litecoin will double smash it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Lisk is going to smash it in 2018! Litecoin will double smash it

Really excellent in-depth analysis. Where did you get the time to do all that research?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Modum looks like a winner. They've actually got a working product as have concluded field testing with a number of pharmaceutical companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

How do you find information on new projects and coins coming up in 2018, startups ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

https://www.icoalert.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

ReddCoin is making moves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

What Wallet is reccomended if you plan to invest in different currencies?

You'll need multiple wallets for different blockchains.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Blacktie. wrote: »
    You'll need multiple wallets for different blockchains.

Not so. There are several wallets out there that support multiple cryptos from one interface. Exodus and Jaxx are two I have used. The Ledger Nano S hardware wallet also has support for most common cryptos.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

I expect the platform coins to do well. ETH, NEO, EOS, ICON, QTUM, KMD, ADA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cryptomines

jester77 wrote: »
    There are currently no hardware wallet support for monero, ledger will be adding it before end of Q1 next year plus I wouldn't be surprised to see it trading on coinbase next year.

Coinbase have stated they will never add full Privacy based coins like Monero, ZCash and Dash to their service...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

PRL looks like an interesting concept if a bit over my head

In a market where sentiment is valued over the underlying tech I think it could be a good mover

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

How do you justify investing in these when new coins are springing up like weeds? Are you in it for the quick buck? Buy them when they are new hope for some traction and get out before the bust?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

SkySter wrote:
    Not so. There are several wallets out there that support multiple cryptos from one interface. Exodus and Jaxx are two I have used. The Ledger Nano S hardware wallet also has support for most common cryptos.

Exodus and jazz have had several security flaws and the nano s is a hardware device that stores multiple seperate wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 summerhills

Any thoughts on Bytecoin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Any thoughts on Bytecoin ?

Considered to be a pre-mine scam with little/slow development, so the devs of Monero got together & forked Bytecoin and made XMR what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Coinbase have stated they will never add full Privacy based coins like Monero, ZCash and Dash to their service...

They also said they wouldn't be adding Bitcoin Cash at the time of the fork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

For those who intend hodling their Bitcoin heres a list of Airdrop coins that are on the way over the next few weeks.
    linky

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cryptomines

Selik wrote: »
    They also said they wouldn't be adding Bitcoin Cash at the time of the fork.

They said they weren't adding it immediately but would monitor the situation. If demand was there, they would add it at a later date, which they did.

The will never add a full privacy coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johnwoods

Where have they stated that?

Dash isn’t private.

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Blackcoin my big hope for 2018 and beyond. Have 750 of them stashed away.

Advertisement