Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What have ye left to do?

• 19-12-2017 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,169 ✭✭✭✭

We've got to put boxes in the Attic, ice cakes, small tidy up, wrap presents, do a small shop(Most things are purchased) +turkey and dessert, Collect presents from click & collect, deliver presents.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 TheWarmNights

Buy more presents. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

23rd
    Change beds.
    Bath dogs.
    Pick up Tesco order.
    Work
    last big clean up. (Bathrooms and floors mainly)

24th
    Begin dinner prep
    Visit inlaws
    Work
    Assemble santa gifts

25th
    Eat
    Drink
    Be merry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Still have shopping to do, heading into town tomorrow night to hopefully get it all wrapped up :P

Doylers wrote: »
    Still have shopping to do, heading into town tomorrow night to hopefully get it all wrapped up :P

A tip for you, or anyone else going to Curry's in Jervis. To skip the queue, show interest in a speaker / ipad..whatever it is. Call one of the assistants over. Tell him you'll get one. He'll get one from the cabinet and let you pay at one of the tills on the floor. You won't have to go into the big queue. :) If you have an item reserved, just show one of the lads on the floor. I'm sure they'll help you out and you won't have to go to the main queue then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Do the kitchen clean
    All the groceries (including picking up turkey & ham)
    Buy one more pressie
    Wrap pressies
    Clean out the big bathroom (we've been using it as a location for spraypainting bottles for the wedding!)
    Do a massive run to the bottle bank
    Make chilli jam & maybe some cookies etc nearer the big day
    Finish work (I finish up on Thursday)

All this would be so much easier if I didn't now have bronchitis and on steroids and antibiotics! FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Move house on Thursday...

Then start christmas prep, so quite a bit to do. We do have all Santa stuff bought and packed away at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

mloc123 wrote: »

Then start christmas prep, so quite a bit to do. We do have all Santa stuff bought and packed away at least :)

:eek:

Jesus, you win!!!

mloc123 wrote: »

Does Santa know your new address? It would be an awful shame if he delivered your presents to your old house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

JustShay wrote: »
    Does Santa know your new address? It would be an awful shame if he delivered your presents to your old house.

It's okay, the robin will let him know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

-Buy the turkey
    -Do the big Christmas food shop
    -Pick up a couple of foodie items in M&S
    -Get Christmas crackers
    -Ice the Christmas cake

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Wrap a couple of presents
    Finish making chocolates
    Pick up a hamper
    Pack

The first two will be done tonight, the hamper will be picked up on Saturday and the packing will be done way too late. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

I still need to bottle my lemoncello.
    I have to wrap a few gifts for my little one from myself and her Dad.
    I have to buy the trimmings for xmas dinner.
    I need to buy the little one a dress for Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tesco delivery Friday. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SharleenF17

Just have to assemble a few bits that came Flatpacked. I'll do that Saturday when the kids are at Football, any sooner and I know they will find them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Posy wrote: »
    -Buy the turkey
    -Do the big Christmas food shop
    -Pick up a couple of foodie items in M&S
    -Get Christmas crackers

-Ice the Christmas cake
    Just the cake left to ice, and I have to fix the door wreath, because it's lopsided! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'll have to ask my wife if there's anything left to do. She seemed very busy of late, so I suspect all is as near ready as can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

finished work today thankfully:P.

have santa finished weeks now, and wrapped them all earlier tonight.
    have everyone's presents in too.
    just need to do some food shopping tomorrow. i don't go mad on the xmas food, just a normal food shop.

other than that i'm going to have a chill weekend now.
    thinking of strolling into town xmas eve, and get a hot chocolate.

at some stage i'll get the oven cleaned.
    also want to do some painting over the next week too because its the only free time i have to do it :cool:

Advertisement