Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blanchardstown Centre - history of tenants

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Quite a while since this has been updated but I noticed today that Clarks shoes have closed their old unit and moved across the way to the unit where Adams and then Pumpkin Patch used to be. Also Shoe Zone is having a closing down sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

miamee wrote: »
    Quite a while since this has been updated but I noticed today that Clarks shoes have closed their old unit and moved across the way to the unit where Adams and then Pumpkin Patch used to be. Also Shoe Zone is having a closing down sale.

Sounds like they'll merge those two units then! Shoe zone shoes always looked cheap, the smell of the plastic from all the fake leather shoes was outputting.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is it an actual closing down sale though? They quite often have clear out sales that make it look like they're closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Earlier this year there was an approved planning application to divide unit 204 (Quiz) into two.

There was also a plan to change another one or two units (located around Shoe Zone) into two levels, adding a floor above them. I cannot find that planning application.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Is it an actual closing down sale though? They quite often have clear out sales that make it look like they're closing.

I don't know to be honest, it said so in the shop but no closing dates or anything that I could see. It's not a shop I'd be in very often.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    Sounds like they'll merge those two units then! Shoe zone shoes always looked cheap, the smell of the plastic from all the fake leather shoes was outputting.

Thorntons is between the two though.

Thorntons is between the two though.

Thorntons is closing after Christmas too. Lady in there told me that a few months ago.

Thorntons is closing after Christmas too. Lady in there told me that a few months ago.

Oh really? The one is Stephen's Green is closed a good while so it's not that surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Simply Cleaning shut down Monday. Big sign in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

All the vacancies are down to massive rent hikes since US vulture fund, Blackstone, bought the place

http://www.shelflife.ie/vulture-funds-pushing-rents-leading-shopping-centres/

Expect half a dozen more corporations to move when all they've cleared out the small businesses.

Happening everywhere. A couple places gone out of business beside me in Ashtown when rents were pushed up to make the units look as if they were highly profitable to vulture funds (most of them have never been rented out since they were built ten years ago because of the ridiculous rents).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Simply Cleaning shut down Monday. Big sign in the window.

What was this shop? Never heard of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

What was this shop? Never heard of it before

A Dry Cleaner's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I don't think I'd traipse all the way into Blanchardstown shopping center to get some shirts dry cleaned.

The sign saying anyone who had stuff with them have to collect it from Simply Cleaning in Maynooth from what I gathered.... pretty crap on their side of things!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

That'd been there for years, hadn't it? I remember being terrified of the key cutting mannequin thing they had as a kid!

That'd been there for years, hadn't it? I remember being terrified of the key cutting mannequin thing they had as a kid!

Yes it's been there for a long while though it initially used to be downstairs where either Build A Bear or Arts & Hobby shop is. Or maybe that was a different dry cleaners?

Yes it's been there for a long while though it initially used to be downstairs where either Build A Bear or Arts & Hobby shop is. Or maybe that was a different dry cleaners?
    From my records (which could quite easily be inaccurate), Kay's Cafe was where Build a Bear was: http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/tag/145/

Art & Hobby replaced Lifestyle Sports: http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/?s=hobby

daymobrew wrote: »
    From my records (which could quite easily be inaccurate), Kay's Cafe was where Build a Bear was: http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/tag/145/

Art & Hobby replaced Lifestyle Sports: http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/?s=hobby

You're right about Kay's Kitchen, my sister worked in it when it was on that side.

Lifestyle Sports wasn't the original tenant in that spot as far as I remember but I could be going back 15+ years now...!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I think it was Simply Clean before Lifestyle, but Lifestyle definitely weren't the original tenant there.

Kay's was pretty big. I think it took most of that side there. Originally there was a tacky little clothes shop in the first unit, beside the toilets. The cleaners was next to it and then Kay's took up the build a bear and the pretzel place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Kay's was pretty big. I think it took most of that side there. Originally there was a tacky little clothes shop in the first unit, beside the toilets. The cleaners was next to it and then Kay's took up the build a bear and the pretzel place.

Was just coming to say the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Is Ann Summers closing down? I was in a hurry through the centre today and I thought I saw 'Everything Must Go!!' signs in the windows.

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Is Ann Summers closing down? I was in a hurry through the centre today and I thought I saw 'Everything Must Go!!' signs in the windows.

Just looked like an end of season sale or something when I passed last night.

The new Pair kiosk outside Tiger is closed down... not surprised tbh.

Newbridge next to Ann Summers is closed - moving downstairs near Starbucks.

Sale signs down on Ann Summers - doesn't seem like it's closing tbf

Shoezone gone - replaced with EZ Living

Shoezone gone - replaced with EZ Living
    That's a rather small unit for furniture. Does it act as an advert for their larger unit over beside Halfords?

That's a rather small unit for furniture. Does it act as an advert for their larger unit over beside Halfords?

They've done that a few times before, taken an empty unit for a short period and it acts like advertising for the bigger store. Management are probably happy to have one less boarded up unit for a while.

Sorry it was EZ Living Accessories.

The new Pair kiosk outside Tiger is closed down... not surprised tbh.

That kiosk unit is now gone outside Diesel/Tiger with the phone cover stall from outside H&M/Fields moving around there. Layout is much better imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

What was the store on the other side of that pair mobile kiosk? Or was there one?

Advertisement