Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheBearcop

Yeah panda we just need to bring the other ones to induction I think

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pandabear97

Ok nice one cheers! Definitely does feel very surreal, can't wait until February now

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

So got the welcome pack. Had a flick through. Says on the confirmation form... i certify that i am not involved in any criminal investigation.... i was the victim of an assault in september.... wonder do i have to include that and what impact that might have? Anyone have anything similar by any chance?? Freaking out noe incase i cant go ahead with it

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

So got the welcome pack. Had a flick through. Says on the confirmation form... i certify that i am not involved in any criminal investigation.... i was the victim of an assault in september.... wonder do i have to include that and what impact that might have? Anyone have anything similar by any chance?? Freaking out noe incase i cant go ahead with it
    Don't worry about it. Best thing to do is just ring them on Monday morning and ask do you need to write it in. I don't think that should be a problem though as you are victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

I also think it's more of a statement declaring that you are not under any criminal investigation, which you're not.

It would do no harm to check anyway, just in case a court date comes up whilst you're training.

• Advertisement

Cheers folks. Ill ring tomorrow and check

We should totally wear name badges with our boardie name at induction 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

From my experience of the January induction everyone will admit to being on the boards but only as a lurker haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

The district allocation choices..is that sent out via email/letter before inductionvl?

I think it will be by letter. Hopefully it is en route now as they need to know our preferences before Induction.

• Advertisement

Thanks Redpool

I take it you get the kit list at Induction?

I was pretty sure that the girl on the phone said preferences were going to be sent out by email?
    Who knows we will see when we get it lol

The lady said to me that they will be posted out a few days later so to be on the lookout for them and get them sent straight back as there was a slight delay with them.

Update: called recruitment about the investigations... lady checked and as im the victim just to write them down on them forms but everythings fine... such a relief

Nice one Wittyname - I'd have been sick with nerves!

Sent out by email Bearcop?  Suppose there's no reason why they couldn't.  It would probably be quicker (I wonder if they'll do that as they're slightly delayed?).

Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s what she said, guess it would be quicker than them posting it and then us posting back

We'll find out soon enough.  Hopefully you're right!

Do we think district allocations will be sent out this side of xmas?

I'm definitely hoping so.  They have to allow time for posting out, completion, posting back and sorting allocations before induction.  Unless of course they email instead...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

What documents do we bring to induction and what do we need to post back from the pack by the way?

• Advertisement

It says in the pack what to take. You only post the confirmation form back

I wonder if we get paid at the end of jan for induction?

Anyone received the preference forms that we've been on the lookout for?

Nope nada :(

Merry Christmas folks, could be our last Xmas day off for a while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Sorry guys I know this has already been discussed but when do you reckon our first pay day will be after starting? I currently get paid weekly so will I have to stash some dolla aside to keep me going a while?

Last working day of the month. So 29/12/17, 31/01/18 and so on. You start just before cut off so you should get paid on 28/02/18.
    You can get a bit of advance if you need it as moving from weekly to monthly is a b1tch.

And no we don't get paid for induction day. Just bring your own food & coffee and it'll all be good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CarrotCake1

Thanks Homer :)  
    Oh guys I am getting SO excited!!

Just got allocation choice email folks

Came through here also

• Advertisement

Exciting times 🙈

Advertisement