Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEO (formerly Antshares)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anita M. wrote: »
    Can you explain what gas is?
    What do you mean it gives you gas?

Each NEO token you hold generates Gas (like a dividend from shares ). Gas is used to fund using the network, so it has a value too.

2000 Neo gives about 1 gas a day. 1 gas is about $20 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Binance has lower fees too if you use their binance coin.
    I just bought one binance coin to cover the fees. It costs about 1.50 for a coin.
    Ive been using that one coin for fees now for 3 months. and Id buy and sell cryptos there about twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Binance has lower fees too if you use their binance coin.
    I just bought one binance coin to cover the fees. It costs about 1.50 for a coin.
    Ive been using that one coin for fees now for 3 months. and Id buy and sell cryptos there about twice a week.

Registered there a while back, normally I use bittrex for alts, but substratum wasn't available there.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Registered there a while back, normally I use bittrex for alts, but substratum wasn't available there.

You were lucky to pick up Substratum. I see its doubled or more in the last few days.
    where did you get the tip to buy it?
    Ive made a few poor decisions lately, need a good tip!

You were lucky to pick up Substratum. I see its doubled or more in the last few days.
    where did you get the tip to buy it?
    Ive made a few poor decisions lately, need a good tip!

I'm subscribed to DataDash channel. He was talking about it plus did a couple of interviews with some of the team.

• Advertisement

I must Start watching that channel and maybe a few others. Coin mastery seems good.

I must Start watching that channel and maybe a few others. Coin mastery seems good.

The guy at coin mastery is big into looking into behaviour theory in relation to investing & trading, often has some interesting insights into the psychological aspects of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭crushproof

My NEO wallet on Bittrex has been on "automated maintenance" for the past day meaning I can add or withdraw. Has any had any experience of this?  Mildly irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

crushproof wrote: »
    My NEO wallet on Bittrex has been on "automated maintenance" for the past day meaning I can add or withdraw. Has any had any experience of this? Mildly irritating
    Mines the same

Shooting up today. Of course just days after I transferred my share of Neo out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

$50 milestone need to be broken to say we are in a Bull run here

Is there any news coming out from China or something?
    Last time the chinese news came, neo started taking a premature dive over the weekend due to insider trading and leaks.
    I wonder is it worth buying a holding of neo back now after all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Serious jumps today, blasted through the ath

Boom. What a week for NEO.

Serious jumps today, blasted through the ath

I only have half a neo left. I slowly sold it all off since it was doing nothing interesting! I planned buying back at Xmas.
    It could still do a lot more rising in the new year.

I only have half a neo left. I slowly sold it all off since it was doing nothing interesting! I planned buying back at Xmas.
    It could still do a lot more rising in the new year.

Here's hoping since I have no intention of selling yet, I was tempted the time of the announcement of the announcement and regretted it in the end obviously but if it's never a consideration I haven't missed out on gains have I :pac:

I would not dream of selling these down until it gets to at least half the Mcap of Ethereum. €300 Minimun for me.
    Better tech than Ethereum, and has a lot more room to grow. We are over due this big announcement now, rumor is Jan 2018 and should be big too

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Where does everyone here buy their neo? What's the handiest way?

Bittrex, although they're not allowing new accounts for a period, not sure what other exchanges do it

If you do have an account the way to do it is buy btc through coinbase or gdax and transfer it to bittrex, then buy it using btc on bittrex

Bittrex, although they're not allowing new accounts for a period, not sure what other exchanges do it

If you do have an account the way to do it is buy btc through coinbase or gdax and transfer it to bittrex, then buy it using btc on bittrex

I buy my neo on binance.com They pay you neo gas while you keep the coin on their exchange.

• Advertisement

JonnyM wrote: »
    Where does everyone here buy their neo? What's the handiest way?

I buy on Bittrex, but you can do so on other exchanges like Polinex. These exchanges have to be funded first so you will have to buy something like litecoin or ripple on coinbase or kraken then transfer these to Bittrex so that you can purchase Neo.
    If this is too much hassle then you could wait till next year when it looks like Neo is going to be listed on Coinbase, but if that is the case the price of Neo will have gone a lot higher by then

I buy my neo on binance.com They pay you neo gas while you keep the coin on their exchange.

Forgot about the gas, didn't know bittrex didn't pay out the gas until I already held it there and my paltry amount would pay out cents anyway so never got around to switching it, would lose more in fees with neo having to be sent in full amounts since it's not divisible

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

so happy i didnt sell :) new year should be good for neo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just waiting for a BTC transfer to binance to be confirmed and am then getting in on NEO ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

A well overdue run up for NEO.. good to see. Looking forward to 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Got back in to NEO early yesterday morning. Now 40% of my portfolio after getting out of Alts last month. The other 60% is BTC. I've high hopes for NEO in Q1 2018. Strong team and strong tech. 2x isn't unrealistic I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

So figured it's a good time to bump this. Some nice gains over the last few weeks. 2018 has gotten off to a good start so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Carol25

I see there is a Neo meetup in Dublin next week.
    That might be interesting to go to. Might be able to see what potential apps can be developed on Neo.
    Ive a feeling Neo is going to have good gains over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Anyone else get in on DBC (deep brain chain - Neo's 2nd Ico) I bought it the min it launched on Kucoin with NEO, it has since x3 and NEO has also pumped, so ya stacking me some NEO! and ultimately BTC as I measure everything in BTC gains :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

gavkm27 wrote: »
    Anyone else get in on DBC (deep brain chain - Neo's 2nd Ico) I bought it the min it launched on Kucoin with NEO, it has since x3 and NEO has also pumped, so ya stacking me some NEO! and ultimately BTC as I measure everything in BTC gains :)

Its crazy to buy into ICOs with NEO, You're literally trading shares in the platform for currency of an app that uses it. The only NEO ICO i would consider are ones that you buy in with GAS, after all that's one of the reasons GAS exists.

It's extremely disingenuous for any app dev team to expect you to give up NEO (and the associated voting power) to invest in their app, trading on the average owner not really understanding the model of PoS-style consensus

Advertisement