Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dashcoin a scam?

• 17-12-2017 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

As above, is dashcoin a scam? It really sticks out as a scam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Sure it is. Like all the other cryptos. Pure scam...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Depends on your definition.

DASH originated as Darkcoin in 2014 or so. It was touted as a privacy alternative to Bitcoin. It is said it was pre-mined by its creator Evan Duffield though it's hard to know how much that matters now.

They did a big reinvention a few years ago, pivoting to a faster more cash-like crypto and brought in some nice PR and almost an executive style.

The known issues with it are masternodes being a bit too powerful and allowing or censoring transactions though I have not seen much evidence of this.

In terms of being scammy no (unless you are thinking of Dascoin, a known derivative of clear scam Onecoin).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I'm sorry you are correct, I spelled it wrong at the heading of the thread. It is dascoin I am talking about.

Reason I ask is I know a few people pushing it and I know that these particular people wouldn't be interested in making me money ha.

Mods could you fix my mistake in the title please. Thanks

Advertisement