Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any whiskey sales going on?

• 14-12-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I want to pick up decent bottle (probably powers three swallow as I like it) and maybe 2 more bottles of something a bit better before Christmas, ideally this week if possible.

I wanted to grab a bottle of that €50 in aldi but I've given up trying at this stage.

People will probably think I'm mad but I really enjoy powers three swallow so I'll definately be grabbing a bottle of that somewhere as I say but I don't like spending over €40 on it as I've always bought it on sale.

I have a little yellow spot left in the cupboard and all my Glenfiddich 10 or 12 year old I can't remember is also gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

35 in tesco.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290670747

Powers 3 Swallow Release 700Ml

Alcohol can only be delivered between 1pm - 10pm Sun.
    Alcohol can only be delivered between 11am - 10pm Mon to Sat.
    Special OfferSAVE 10.00 Was 45.00...
    valid until 26/12/201

I was in tesco earlier and saw a guy buying what I think was 21 bottles of some whiskey, not sure what, it was in a white box. They had extra staff help take off the security tags, there are more reductions in tesco than I have ever seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

rubadub wrote: »
    35 in tesco.

Alcohol can only be delivered between 11am - 10pm Mon to Sat.
    valid until 26/12/201

I was in tesco earlier and saw a guy buying what I think was 21 bottles of some whiskey, not sure what, it was in a white box. They had extra staff help take off the security tags, there are more reductions in tesco than I have ever seen before.

Off to tesco I go tomorrow so thanks for that

35 in tesco.

Alcohol can only be delivered between 11am - 10pm Mon to Sat.9
    valid until 26/12/201

White box was probably the white label Bushmills.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

Whiskey sales do be very good in the run up to Christmas. If you're buying any bottle, do a quick google of Molloys, O'Briens, and the main supermarkets first.

Off to tesco I go tomorrow so thanks for that

vouchers in the sunday world this weekend
    I see sunday world confirmed there is a dunnes (or tesco!) 10/50 voucher this weekend. Some other poster said it a few days ago but I saw no confirmation. 2 week tv guide too. Paper is 2.50 and you could buy mulitples

Sunday World
    December 13 at 1:58pm ·
    In this week’s Sunday World, get €10 off your grocery shop in Dunnes Stores when you spend €50. You’ll find your voucher alongside Sunday World’s Magazine+ this Sunday, December 17th.
    White box was probably the white label Bushmills.
    yes, now you say it I am pretty sure it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That must be the cheapest whiskey ever sold in gift boxes if so. Jameson and Black Bush only come with them the odd time

L1011 wrote: »
    That must be the cheapest whiskey ever sold in gift boxes if so. Jameson and Black Bush only come with them the odd time

I was telling a friend who reckoned it could be a salesman buying it for xmas gifts to clients. Yer man did not look like a dipso anyway!!. If he was an publican I would expect more of a variety.

The white bottle of bushmills is showing as 21 on tesco online. However the online prices do not always match the instore prices. Heineken is still 24 to buy online and 20 in the shop. Jack daniels was also 20 in the shop and 25 online.

I got 2 boxed baileys for 10 each which is nicer for gifts. Most were unboxed though.

Advertisement