Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

el diablo wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that commenting on an obscure Irish discussion forum would be enough to move markets. :p

Did you never head the phrase "every little helps" ? :cool:

Also, how do we know that the same person isn't posting something similar on more than one discussion forum etc. ?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

This sums up my opinion on the performance of Ripple since I've been holding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EigIujKxDcE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    This sums up my opinion on the performance of Ripple since I've been holding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EigIujKxDcE

I sold mine last week and luckily went into Lumens just before this big rise. I was only holding ripple for about 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

David Schwartz (Chief Cryptographer at Ripple) announced on Twitter "it's happening" in the last hour... So escrow should be coming into effect... Prices should rise...

Edit so escrow has happened

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-escrows-55-billion-xrp-for-supply-predictability/

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Anyone having issues withdrawing xrp on kraken? its saying i must be a tier 3 member to withdraw. I had no issues withdrawing xrp last week and i am not gone over the limits either, far from it.

Edit: Must have been a glitch in their system as I was able to withdraw a few minutes later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

jonny_b wrote: »
    Anyone having issues withdrawing xrp on kraken? its saying i must be a tier 3 member to withdraw. I had no issues withdrawing xrp last week and i am not gone over the limits either, far from it.

Edit: Must have been a glitch in their system as I was able to withdraw a few minutes later.

Withdraw?

Chicken! :D

GreeBo wrote: »
    Withdraw?

Chicken! :D

Withdraw to my ledger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

jonny_b wrote: »
    Withdraw to my ledger

Hodler

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I wrote here some days ago about attempting to transfer my ripple to another account.

Very annoyingly it seems that ripple insists on leaving 20 XRP in any account which a user may use.

https://ripple.com/build/reserves/

This seems to mean that 20 XRP is always going to remain unusable and untransferable in any account. I assume this also means that if you transfer, as I did, to another account then you will have 40 XRP which will be unusable, and so on.

I don't know if this is going to be a permanent thing but it's very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

maximus02 wrote: »
    I wrote here some days ago about attempting to transfer my ripple to another account.

Very annoyingly it seems that ripple insists on leaving 20 XRP in any account which a user may use.

https://ripple.com/build/reserves/

This seems to mean that 20 XRP is always going to remain unusable and untransferable in any account. I assume this also means that if you transfer, as I did, to another account then you will have 40 XRP which will be unusable, and so on.

I don't know if this is going to be a permanent thing but it's very annoying.

I presume its to ensure that there is always ripple in the world (since Ripple is designed to start with allthe coins pre-mined and then destroy some as part of each transaction)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dutchy

Two partnerships to be announced next Friday @ 5 pm pacific

According to David Schwartz they're two "huge" household names.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7j14sv/unannounced_partnerships/

Interesting.

Edit: Reading that it is Amazon & Uber. Pure & utter speculation, at this point, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Where would ye recommend to buy Ripple and which wallet to use? I have been doing a fair bit of reading on this but still find it a minefield for info!

Any recommendations would be great.

Cheers

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I use bitstamp for Ripple, found it to be a pain to set up though. Bitfinex much easier to setup if you already have a source of coins (i.e. coinbase etc) but I haven't used it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Im thinking of sticking 100 quid in for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Bitstamp are taking over 12 days to verify ID and open an account :mad:

Thanks,

G.

Got quiet a bit of XRP but how do you guys see it growing long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Slowly but surely. Think of how fast an unfettered Uber is able to displace traditional taxis if allowed.

Ripple being Uber and Swift being traditional taxis.

It's a long hold - maybe not the highest earner like 5-10x ICO flips, but companies like cost-cutting and XRP cuts costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Pushed through the .30c mark earlier and on .32c now on CMC. Nice push if it can hold or continue. HODL!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Pushed through the .30c mark earlier and on .32c now on CMC. Nice push if it can hold or continue. HODL!

Any suggestions on where to buy? Kraken is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

31 cent on bittrex and 26 on kraken....

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »
    Any suggestions on where to buy? Kraken is a disaster.

I bought on Bittrex back when it was .20c and it was painless enough tbh, took about 20 mins in total for the transaction to complete but that was in october. Not sure what it's like now.

Have a look here for up to date Exchanges and prices.

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/ripple

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

gazza87a wrote: »
    anyone used avatrade?

Any response to this, I've set an account up with them a while back and read terrible reviews on line but seems to be mainly from people who didn't verify themselves first and didn't know how CFDs actually worked.

I've never had any problems but never tried to withdraw yet so who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    I bought on Bittrex back when it was .20c and it was painless enough tbh, took about 20 mins in total for the transaction to complete but that was in october. Not sure what it's like now.

Have a look here for up to date Exchanges and prices.

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/ripple

Be careful with Bitttex. You can deposit but not withdraw until you get enhanced verification!

Be careful with Bitttex. You can deposit but not withdraw until you get enhanced verification!

Yeah I have that so all good now. Took a while but got it in the end. This whole Crypto trading is more complex than the wifes moodswings on a full moon cycle ffs...... :o

XRP is on the up. How far do you guys see this going realistically? Have a good bit of XRP for a long term investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

I timed that perfectly by pure dumb luck. Bought 2 days ago at €0.20 and it's now at 0.57 and rising on Kraken. Could we see a euro? Definitely $1 is on the horizon if this keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dutchy

Since posting the other day this one has been on a rocket. Big day ahead for this one re announcements. I'm holding with no intention of getting off the ride any time soon

Yeah I got in early too at 17c have tripled what I’ve bought

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

I've seen chat of $100 and beyond but I doubt that. If the rumours about coinbase adding XRP are true there'll be a huge surge though, so maybe it's a possibility?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

It's fourth in market cap and pushing for 3rd. Can only be a good thing I imagine as other investors will get on board. Will be interesting to see what it can reach.

Advertisement