Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I haven't an IOTA

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

jester77 wrote: »
    I would get it off Bitfinex, they appear to be in trouble and might not last too much longer. Dodgy tether dealings and they appear to be wash trading IOTA to pump the price.

Doing that now. How long would it normally take to transfer from Bitfinex to Binance? Email said up to 24 hours. What happened to cryptos being bale to transfer money worldwide in seconds?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So I sent a very small amount as a test to make sure it worked - Bitfinex to Binance. Good job I did as it did not appear in Binance. What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Zascar wrote: »
    So I sent a very small amount as a test to make sure it worked - Bitfinex to Binance. Good job I did as it did not appear in Binance. What should I do?

I think there are massive delays with bitfinex

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

I think there are massive delays with bitfinex

There are. Over 2 days for BTC and ETH. Neo was pretty quick though.

Ok, It's 3 days now but I'll wait a few more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

What is the best way to buy IOTA does anyone use a revolut card? sorry new to this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Buy ETH via Kraken or Coinbase (if they'll allow you - could be temp suspended atm), transfer ETH to Binance, buy IOTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Bought iota with XRP on binance some people seem to think IOTA is gonna go very high over the next few years. What are people’s thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It may. It depends on industry support and whether or not enough nodes come online consistently for them to drop the central hub they currently operate with.
    If devices start shipping with little internet-enabled IOTA modules or some Tangle-polling mechanism gets baked into device operating systems then that'll be that worry pushed into the past and IOTA will quickly jump, but that may take a year or three to happen.
    How fast can they develop now that they'll have partners giving them both aims to focus on and ideas to build upon?

This is basing price on fundamentals btw, which as we all know is a ridiculous notion in cryptos.
    Could 5x tomorrow because Kim Kardashian tweets that it's a "neat" concept and she'll be having a chip implanted to her face so she can get micro-transaction-enabled collagen injections whenever the device recognises her skin is losing it's tautness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

jonny_b wrote: »
    Bought iota with XRP on binance some people seem to think IOTA is gonna go very high over the next few years. What are people’s thoughts?

Whilst a great idea, it will become redundant, the "cloud" is becoming more and more dominant, i don't see it happening and as for replacing the blockchain - no way will this replace it. Can IOTA technologies be incorporated to utilise cloud based solutions?

We will definitely see more cloud based solutions and mobile devices becoming dominant than traditional pc's/laptops etc, it will be a very long time before manufacturers of these devices consider to incorporate IOTA chips or software (in my opinion), personally i am looking at cryptos based around moble, cloud based, privacy etc

Also "that announcement" or rumour/lie about a microsoft partnership done this project no favours at all, i would worry if it came direct from the IOTA team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I sold all my IOTA and used the profits to buy large amounts of other alts.
    Maybe I should have held onto a few, who knows! Will be interesting to see what happens in the long run with it.

Advertisement