Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW17 Transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

elefant wrote: »
    Why Gomez?

He's only played 3 of the last 5 league games. Surely he should be fresh?

He's being rotated with TAA who is probably 80% expected to start. I like Gomez because if he is rested, he stays on the bench so no 1-point cameos.

Mariappa off the bench will be fine for this week if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

I got Kenny in. Everton seem to have tightened up and have some good fixtures. He's only 4.3 as well

and by good fixtures you mean awful ones? Chelsea/United/Spurs/Arsenal in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

and by good fixtures you mean awful ones? Chelsea/United/Spurs/Arsenal in the coming weeks

I think kenny is a transfer back out waiting to happen tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I said some good fixtures...Swansea West Brom Bournemouth. He's a rotation option, i didn't say play him every week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

His next 5 are really strong and can be on bench vs Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Is it madness to dump Morata for the one week? Aguero/Lukaku to replace?

Might struggle to field 11 as it is.

Subs are looking like:
    Lowton is a doubt, Simpson to come in.
    Gomez rotation risk, Naughton from against City to come in
    Morata out, Surman in

Probably madness for most, but depends how much you could buy him back for. If you can buy him back for the same amount and your team generally does not require much surgery (i.e. you feel you don't really need your transfers badly) I could see the logic behind a one week punt on Lukaku at home to B'mouth despite his atrocious form lately.

I considered this myself but it would cost me 0.3 to get Morata back in so a no-go for me for sure. Also feel like I could do with using the FTs elsewhere probably

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

CSF wrote: »
    Having an awful time deciding whether Valencia is worth 6.8 million over this Christmas period. United should come into their own defensively (they are already strong) and it’s hard to think of another contender who would be reliable in that team.

But that’s nearly Alonso’s price.

I had the same dilemma tbh - that's why I have gone for De Gea at 5.8 - also the potential for save points and should not really be rotated.

I forgot Sanchez is suspended for spurs
    Slightly better chance bavies will play so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FutureGuy wrote: »
    He's being rotated with TAA who is probably 80% expected to start. I like Gomez because if he is rested, he stays on the bench so no 1-point cameos.

Mariappa off the bench will be fine for this week if needed.
    Is Mariappa a nailed on or at least regular starter? I see he's played the full last 5 games. Was it because he was replacing someone injured/suspended? Or the manager's choice who changed his mind on him, even partially (he did not play the first games of the seasons and did not feature home to Stoke lately). Or was it all because he was injured/ill?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Rooney and Pickford in

Banking on Rooney's record against Newcastle and Sam's clean sheet solidity that he has brought to Everton

• Advertisement

Courtois

Dann----Gomez----Otamendi

Richarlison--Haz--Cout--Salah--RLC

Morata----Kane

Eliot, Yedlin, Niasse, Francis

0.8 ITB

The plan was to bank, but with Morata confirmed out and Gomez and Richy likely to be rested, it looks like my 2nd and 3rd subs are very likely to be called upon.

Francis will almost certainly end with 1 point and is not a player I really want long term, so considering ditching Francis for either Tarkowski or Kenny to have a chance of getting some points tonight and for the long term.

Option A: Tarkowski 4.6: . Having no Burnley cleanies has been a weakness in my side for a while now. The fixtures coming up are not great, with weak teams coming away and strong teams at home however. Seems generally wise to have a Burnley defender in for pretty much the whole season though, and Tark is nailed on

Option B Kenny 4.3 Everton have nice-ish fixtures (for a cheapy def who you can leave on the bench every 2nd week or more) and big Sam has them defending well. Seems nailed on (right?) until Coleman comes back which shouldn't be for another 7-8 GWs or so (right?). Unsure how safe a bet Kenny is. His lower fee compared to Tarkowski is tempting, would enable me to straight swap Dann to potentially a big hitter defender (Jones / Smalling / Bavies) next week.

Option C would be to bank, use 2 transfers next week to likely remove Niasse and one of my defs.

Any opinions here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

A - Wilson to DCL(upgrade Richie at wkd)
    B - Wilson to Austin
    C - Morata to Firmino and A or B for -4 and use funds to do Richie to Son/Mahrez at wkd
    Well B is gone now with the rise. Might just do C but gonna cost 0.2 to get back Morata. Is his price frozen with the red flag or will he drop back down?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Well B is gone now with the rise. Might just do C but gonna cost 0.2 to get back Morata. Is his price frozen with the red flag or will he drop back down?

he'll drop overnight for sure. should be ok after (assuming he'll be fit for the weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Morzadec wrote: »

Courtois

Dann----Gomez----Otamendi

Richarlison--Haz--Cout--Salah--RLC

Morata----Kane

Eliot, Yedlin, Niasse, Francis

0.8 ITB

The plan was to bank, but with Morata confirmed out and Gomez and Richy likely to be rested, it looks like my 2nd and 3rd subs are very likely to be called upon.

Francis will almost certainly end with 1 point and is not a player I really want long term, so considering ditching Francis for either Tarkowski or Kenny to have a chance of getting some points tonight and for the long term.

Option A: Tarkowski 4.6: . Having no Burnley cleanies has been a weakness in my side for a while now. The fixtures coming up are not great, with weak teams coming away and strong teams at home however. Seems generally wise to have a Burnley defender in for pretty much the whole season though, and Tark is nailed on

Option B Kenny 4.3 Everton have nice-ish fixtures (for a cheapy def who you can leave on the bench every 2nd week or more) and big Sam has them defending well. Seems nailed on (right?) until Coleman comes back which shouldn't be for another 7-8 GWs or so (right?). Unsure how safe a bet Kenny is. His lower fee compared to Tarkowski is tempting, would enable me to straight swap Dann to potentially a big hitter defender (Jones / Smalling / Bavies) next week.

Option C would be to bank, use 2 transfers next week to likely remove Niasse and one of my defs.

Any opinions here?

Was in a very similar scenario to you this week. I brought both in (for Daniels and Swans defender) for the reasons you've already outlined. If I had to pick one for this week I'd say Tark but much of a muchness really looking ahead at their fixtures. At least he's nailed on which is a plus at this time of year whereas Everton have other defensive options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Morata Red flagged which means I need to take a -4 to get in a replacement.
    I reckon it’s worth the gamble as I can envisage not fielding a full 11 unless I replace him.
    I am not too worried at losing Morata as I have Hazard as Chelsea back up. I have no players from either Manchester though so I am thinking of getting in Aguero or Lukaku but I am wondering if Rashford might be a shout instead?
    It would free up a lot of cash to spend elsewhere but will Rashford even play on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'm going to take the opportunity this week to finally move to the team structure I want. Kane 2 cheap strikers 4 premium mids and richarlison. I've been waiting for decent cheap strikers to emerge and I think they now have. Morata and king(lei) to Austin and coutinho for a -8 will do it.
    It would give me hazard salah coutinho sane richarlison Kane Austin DCL. I'm happy enough to go without morata as I'd captain hazard over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

manual_man wrote: »

he'll drop overnight for sure. should be ok after (assuming he'll be fit for the weekend)
    Firmino and DCL in for Morata and Wilson for -4. leaves cash to get Morata back and upgrade Richie/Rosenior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I just realised new game week was today. Have 2 FT. Which would be better

A. Fab, Azpi and Zaha for Hazard, Albrighton and 4.1 def

2. Fab, Zaha and Vardy for Hazard, Albrighton and Calvert-Lewin

Have Rooney already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I just realised new game week was today. Have 2 FT. Which would be better

A. Fab, Azpi and Zaha for Hazard, Albrighton and 4.1 def

2. Fab, Zaha and Vardy for Hazard, Albrighton and Calvert-Lewin

Have Rooney already.

Option A but id get hazard gudmundson and klavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

km79 wrote:
    Still a good move to get Kane in for lukaku imo Robertson would not have been my choice however

Hoping he'll play most of the home games at least,especially with Moreno out till mid January+ I'm trying to save a few quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Too many things going on this GW. Going to take most likely to miss most games out - Ramsey.

In will come Fabregas. He's been creating chances i think they can be turned into points.

As for playing 11? I'll just have my hands over my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Currently have:

DDG, Elliott
    Otamendi, Davies, Ward, Duffy, Naughton
    Salah, Hazard, Ramsey, Richarlison, RLC
    Kane, Vardy, DCL

Already used my FT so any move will be for a hit. The obvious transfers are Davies to Christensen, but not keen on a hit for a defender, or Ramsey to anyone under 8.5

That leaves Mahrez (have Vardy) Sterling (I think will play but most don’t), Silva (same as Sterling) or Son (transfer waiting to happen)

Thinking of just running with my current team and take the blow if Duffy has to come in.

Would anyone advocate taking the hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

8.1m to replace Wilson. Already have kane and rooney. Is Austin my best bet or should I make two transfers and get firminho in? Is klavan nailed on with matip out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is there anybody who thinks bringing in Aguero is a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If ya have the cash going to waste and looking for a punt, yeah it's fun to have Aguero. Long term, definitely not.

Was in a very similar scenario to you this week. I brought both in (for Daniels and Swans defender) for the reasons you've already outlined. If I had to pick one for this week I'd say Tark but much of a muchness really looking ahead at their fixtures. At least he's nailed on which is a plus at this time of year whereas Everton have other defensive options.

Cheers, I'll learn from previous headaches this year I think and go with Tarky.

Having defenders not starting ate up a lot of hits and attention earlier this year, the likes of Mbemba and Suttner not starting and not being able to field 11 players or deal with injuries tends not to be worth it.

Tarkowski is nailed on and not super expensive so can leave him on the bench for much of the upcoming run.

Seems the sensible move.

EDIT: Although looking at Simpson here and he could be a great shout. Not a fantastic fixture tonight but certainly better than Francis, and then some real juicy ones upcoming. Might plump for him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Already on a -4. Not sure what to do with Morata...think I’ll hold on to him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think Gabbi could troll Austin buyers by starting ahead of him tomorrow

manual_man wrote: »
    I think Gabbi could troll Austin buyers by starting ahead of him tomorrow

This would be the last straw
    I’d have to delete him from the game
    I don’t know how but I’d find a way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm gonna do it for a -4 for Morata.
    He should play the next few after getting rested at the weekend.

Advertisement