Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Litecoin Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Anyone else hesitant to invest further. It's only around half a year since you could pick it up for < €20, now it's 10x the price. I would like to invest further, but I haven't since it was at €35. It's just going up way too fast for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Quite hesitant alrite I had bought back when it was relatively cheap, well definitly cheaper than it is now,but dont know what to be thinking , great profit at the moment ,gonna just wait it out and see id say in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Growthleft but ow much remains to be seen.

Time to get on other coins that can get the 10x easier

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Where can a person research to make an informed decision rather than trying to beat the market? I saw a guy on YouTube related to the Gdax account, he was talking about making money in a falling market... is this referring to buying futures????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

LTC still has legs as I see it.
    It's still the cheapest option for people jumping in on coinbase, the transaction speeds are super quick and the fees are so much less than BTC.
    Going to Hodl for another 50-100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Delighted I got in on this early just raging I didn’t buy more of them. Charlie lee had an interesting post on Twitter yesterday saying it could just as easily fall back to $20 due to the bearish moves. If it does I’ll be in like a flash buying more

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    Where can a person research to make an informed decision rather than trying to beat the market? I saw a guy on YouTube related to the Gdax account, he was talking about making money in a falling market... is this referring to buying futures????

There are no informed decisions really, prices will fluctuate for reasons you really can't predict. Invest what you'd be comfortable with losing. Currently all the major cryptos are making huge gains, it can't last forever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

papu wrote: »
    it can't last forever though.

Yes is can if we all keep saying it can, and start encouraging all our friends to start investing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

On the delay with SEPA deposits, I used my credit card to purchase at the weekend so while at a higher rate, the difference is inconsequential at this time given the recent spike in value!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Got 6.7 coins at 600 few days back. Now getting 1250€. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

dan786 wrote: »

50\50 split and then freeroll your profits?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

I said I'd wait and see instead of buying in this morning when price was €205 now it's €242. typical.

dan786 wrote: »

What's your target?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

This is getting insane. I think I need to sell soon.

This is getting insane. I think I need to sell soon.

Almost 250€

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

GreedIsGood.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I have a small amount invested. Complete novice.

It seems to be unsustainable now that its approaching 250.

Million dollar question. When do you pull the plug and run?

Negative_G wrote: »

Why do you think it's unsustainable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

You could pull the plug and buy back in when it drops......if it drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sarah1916

So hard to know. Maybe we will look back in a years time and think 'God, why didn't I buy more when they were so cheap @ $250'.... Or maybe we will say 'why didn't we sell'! Nobody knows!
    All we can do is hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

This is insane! 46% growth today alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

By the lite of the silvery moon

Wombatman wrote: »
    50\50 split and then freeroll your profits?

Might to do that. Might wait and see till end of day. Have a feelings its crossing 300 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Why do you think it's unsustainable?

Lack of understanding essentially.

The general Perception from what i read online is that a big correction is quite likely.

Its gone from just over 100 on Sunday to almost 250 today.

Do you think its sustainable?

What's your target?

Never set a target. I bought a bitcoin and Ether too.

Bitcoin is not going up - went down and now recovered to what I got it for.

Ether up marginally.

While Litecoin has almost trebled - had planned to wait till 1000 on this and then sell. But no one predict the future so unsure now seeing that its going up very fast there has to be a correction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this sort of question but I'm certainly interested in crytocurrencies. What is everyone's tax liability and how do you keep track of such transactions, if at all? My understanding is that it will fall under CGT and I will pay it but I have been led to believe that it is self assessed hence my questions on keeping track of investments/profits and when it needs to be filed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Its abnormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Do you think its sustainable?

Nobody knows, people have been saying Bitcoin will crash all year, and yet there it is, making some people millionaires.

Elemonator wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this sort of question but I'm certainly interested in crytocurrencies. What is everyone's tax liability and how do you keep track of such transactions, if at all? My understanding is that it will fall under CGT and I will pay it but I have been led to believe that it is self assessed hence my questions on keeping track of investments/profits and when it needs to be filed.

Depends where you trade, but you can usually generate a report and calculate your profits from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

300 is being a big stubbon... seen 312 just now but its not breaking clear.

Advertisement