Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Lockie101 wrote: »
    That’s true, give them a call and see what they say, please follow up here so the rest of us know if we need to call them as well or not

Ok so I rung them there and they confirmed they got my application, they said the system DID NOT send out acknowledgments and if you wanted one you had to ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

That’s good, well good that they got it and not so good for us... I wonder is it worth me ringing too just to confirm that they got mine?

That’s good, well good that they got it and not so good for us... I wonder is it worth me ringing too just to confirm that they got mine?

Aye I dont see why not they seemed helpful and friendly even if uts just for your.own peace of mind at least you would know

That’s true, what did you ask for when you called 101? Never phoned them for anything except reporting things lol

That’s true, what did you ask for when you called 101? Never phoned them for anything except reporting things lol

I just selected option 3 when you ring up and then just ask to speak to somebody regarding recruitment, after that just explain you want to know if they got your application

• Advertisement

Just called there, after being transferred at least 4/5 times I then got someone who was able to tell me that because I sent mine on the 7/8th December that they Equality department hasn’t sent it to HR yet.... Was told to ring back in a few days to see if they had received it yet, by which time recruitment will have been closed and if they don’t have it then I have missed out....

Just called there, after being transferred at least 4/5 times I then got someone who was able to tell me that because I sent mine on the 7/8th December that they Equality department hasn’t sent it to HR yet.... Was told to ring back in a few days to see if they had received it yet, by which time recruitment will have been closed and if they don’t have it then I have missed out....

Thats not so good mate, although I do remember them saying it took a few days for them to get it. I would give it till thursday and then give them a ring at least if they dint get it you would still have time yi put another one in

Just wondering mate, could you do me a favor and ask them when they think they will be giving correspondence out regarding if we are processed to the next stage or not? If you dont mind that is, I just dont want to be ringing them again just to ask that lol.

They said they will email either way whether your not we are successful

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LuLu33

Hey. Did anyone have an issue ticking the box at the bottom of the application form?
    My computer won’t seem to let me tick it or place a tick in the box?

• Advertisement

LuLu33 wrote: »
    Hey. Did anyone have an issue ticking the box at the bottom of the application form?

Yes I did I ended up drawing it free hand

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Surely you're going to have to print it off to sign it? Just tick the box with a pen.

Does anyone know of any time scales with these things from application to interview?

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Surely you're going to have to print it off to sign it? Just tick the box with a pen.

So you printed it and scanned it in again? I assumed with the form being able to be edited that it was all done on the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Did you enable editing?

If you accidently opened it as read only it will only let you fill in text boxes and won't let you use formated things like tick boxes

Maxi515 wrote: »

So you printed it and scanned it in again? I assumed with the form being able to be edited that it was all done on the computer.

Am... That tick box is an uneditable auto ticked box. By signing your name and dating it you are agreeing. Sorry to say you have wasted time

If you accidently opened it as read only it will only let you fill in text boxes and won't let you use formated things like tick boxes

Thanks Banterbus. I was able to get it working on a PC, wouldn’t work on my Mac.
    The equality monitoring form still doesn’t Work properly but got the tick working 😊

Just put an x in it instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Ah bugger does it not work on the Mac? I was for doing mine later on.

• Advertisement

It does work on Mac if you have MS office

Darn it, will need to do my best handwriting.

Darn it, will need to do my best handwriting.

Well, that's those vacancies closed. Fingers crossed we get an interview date soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I swear trying to get that box tick could’ve been the end of my husband. Haha

I swear trying to get that box tick could’ve been the end of my husband. Haha

It's an auto ticked box... It is already ticked.... By signing it you agree...

It's an auto ticked box... It is already ticked.... By signing it you agree...

Hahahaha I said that if I sign it am I not just agreeing to it. He was adamant you had to sign it lol.

I looked at the doc in source view and it was an uneditable item...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

2 weeks since the closing date. Anyone heard anything?

Advertisement