Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platforms for Cryptocurrency Portfolio

• 09-12-2017 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm going to start a small portfolio of crypto: namely IOTA, Ripple & Litecoin.

I've seen Coinbase, Kraken, BitFinex, BitStamp among others.

I know BitFinex does it all but the platform is choking at the moment from what I'm reading online. I'm guessing all platforms are suffering one way or another though with the vast increase in interest over the past while. Others don't support all crypto would mean holding on a few different platforms.

Anyone any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Ripple and LTC are available on Bitstamp but I'm still waiting for verification 5 days later - I could've made a nice packet if they'd been up to speed. Coinbase doesn't deal with Ripple or IOTA. Kraken is seriously shite. I know nothing about Bitfinex, but Bittrex is on dodgy ground financially.

In reality you're going to be using multiple exchanges. Coinigy can tie them all together though - it's a metaplatform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Nothing wrong with bittrex, just verification issues to comply with law. Bitfinex is the one to worry about with all the tether issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I've been using kraken for my fiat transactions but their lag/error messages are a bit of a pain (I also use bittrex & binance for crypto exchanges). In terms of an alternative exchange which accepts fiat, what is the best alternative to kraken?

I see a lot on here use coinbase. Is it worth jumping over to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

KilOit wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with bittrex, just verification issues to comply with law. Bitfinex is the one to worry about with all the tether issues

Sorry, got confused.

Advertisement