Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

so still no contact today???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

None as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

Update on the site. We will get new links tomorrow apparently

We are pleased to advise that the system will reopen on Friday 8th December and will remain open until 12 noon on Monday 18th December to enable all candidates who have not yet had an opportunity to sit the online test to complete their assessment.

All candidates who were impacted by the system issues, as well as those who had not had an opportunity to complete their test before the system was closed, will receive a new link to the online test tomorrow (8th December). Please note- all previous links have been cancelled so please use the new link to access your test.

For information we are now planning to issue results to all candidates during the week commencing 8th January 2018 and start the assessment centre phase the week commencing 22nd January.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience that this delay may have caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Flip sake now we’ve to wait until after Christmas for results 😡

• Advertisement

Emails out

Emails out

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

None here... yet.

Did you attempt the test at all or did you do it but couldn't complete it because of technical issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

I haven't recieved an email yet? Anyone else in the same boat...

Cbm27 wrote: »
    I haven't recieved an email yet? Anyone else in the same boat...

Has any of the last 3 weeks made you expect any different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

Nothing yet either

Went to login and couldn’t get on

Nothing yet either
    Are you doing it?

I think I might, and then hopefully withdraw in the next week or two...

Link through and test done.  All went relatively seemless this time with just a minor blip when the screen went blank half way through the SJT - took a screen grab just in case and then refreshed the page (which thankfully worked).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

clicked on my new link only to be greeted with “the online IST is currently unavailable” - this is now my third link I’ve been through haha

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Hello all. :)
    Just wondering how everybody is preparing for the assessment centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Rookie23 wrote: »

Scenario books etc.

Also did everyone get a second confirmation email today about ist being submitted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

I have started looking at bits and pieces of the Assement Centre but I’m not getting too carried away yet. I still need to know if I have passed the IST first

I really hope we all do and put names of faces at the next stage.

I got one email today about when they are going to release the results

Even though we dint know if we have passed should still be trying hard for the a.c. won't hurt to be practicing hard for longer. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

NiK9 wrote: »

Scenario books etc.

Also did everyone get a second confirmation email today about ist being submitted?

Any good books in particular you’d recommend?

• Advertisement

TW2017 wrote: »

Scenario books etc.

Howtobecome have alot of books. I have their "police role play exercises". Don't get me wrong these books are not perfect. Full of spelling and grammar mistakes and thry are more designed for the mainland forces. But alot of the scenarios in it where similar to those during our ist there. That particular book is meant to be for the a.c. but having did my a.c. before it only helped slightly. But any help is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

TW2017 wrote: »

Scenario books etc.

Howtobecome have alot of books. I have their "police role play exercises". Don't get me wrong these books are not perfect. Full of spelling and grammar mistakes and thry are more designed for the mainland forces. But alot of the scenarios in it where similar to those during our ist there. That particular book is meant to be for the a.c. but having did my a.c. before it only helped slightly. But any help is good.

Thanks

You need to get out and chat to people. Ask them questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

Haven't been on the forum since taking the IST and just logged on today after getting an email re the results issue date.

I thankfully didn't have any issues with the IST anyone else on the same boat?

redsox101 wrote: »
    Haven't been on the forum since taking the IST and just logged on today after getting an email re the results issue date.

I thankfully didn't have any issues with the IST anyone else on the same boat?

Seemed to be 50/50 who itnworked for and those who had problems. Hopefully it's all sorted now for everyone and results date doesn't change again.

For those fortunate enough to reach the AC stage, nothing can really prepare you as such - I found it to be a unique test like no other I've done before. 

I would learn the main characteristics required to be an officer and keep those at the back of your head.  Other than that, I agree with Banterbus - learn to talk to people and how to ask questions.  That may sound a bit daft, but it's unbelievable the amount of people who can't think of what to ask and then bumble their way through.  You have to be more pro-active than reserved.  You won't get any answers by letting people talk over you.

It might actually help to listen to the likes of the Nolan show or Talksport in the car, rather than listening to your CDs (or whatever you younglings listen to these days)!  Again, that may sound silly, but it helps to teach you how to react to a variety of people - plus it helps you keep up-to-speed with current affairs if you've never been particularly interested before.

For those fortunate enough to reach the AC stage, nothing can really prepare you as such - I found it to be a unique test like no other I've done before. 

I would learn the main characteristics required to be an officer and keep those at the back of your head.  Other than that, I agree with Banterbus - learn to talk to people and how to ask questions.  That may sound a bit daft, but it's unbelievable the amount of people who can't think of what to ask and then bumble their way through.  You have to be more pro-active than reserved.  You won't get any answers by letting people talk over you.

It might actually help to listen to the likes of the Nolan show or Talksport in the car, rather than listening to your CDs (or whatever you younglings listen to these days)!  Again, that may sound silly, but it helps to teach you how to react to a variety of people - plus it helps you keep up-to-speed with current affairs if you've never been particularly interested before.

Not to labour a point guys but by talk to people and ask then questions we mean strangers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Thankfully I work part time retail I've gotten quite good at talking lol

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

do we receive email after completing online test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

do we receive email after completing online test?

Good question- Ive just completed mine doesn't look like it!

Advertisement