Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

KN1231999 wrote: »
    They still got 11 days to meet their deadline, that's saying they get the links out today for the peopel who need them and they will most likely have a week to complete it, so next Thursday will be the end of IST's leaves 4 days to compile results and pass/fail emails

The whole time line will change as a result of this though...
    It does look like this. However, I try to remain confident in that Deloitte will work overtime to ensure emails are all ready to send by the 18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

At this point I have no faith in Deloitte.

It's a tender with all costings included. If that tender did not include overtime they they won't be working overtime. Considering it is the subcontracted firm that messed up not Deloitte

If you just become a pessimist you will always be happy when something actually happens lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

Just to clarify nobody who hasn't done the IST received an email today Yeah? Still haven't got one and they said they'd let us know today?

It's not 1730 yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Won't be able to check again till 11pm so hopefully I come back to people recieving emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Update on the site. Looks like a delay on results until 8th Jan.

We are pleased to advise that the system will reopen on Friday 8th December and will remain open until 12 noon on Monday 18th December to enable all candidates who have not yet had an opportunity to sit the online test to complete their assessment.

All candidates who were impacted by the system issues, as well as those who had not had an opportunity to complete their test before the system was closed, will receive a new link to the online test tomorrow (8th December). Please note- all previous links have been cancelled so please use the new link to access your test.

For information we are now planning to issue results to all candidates during the week commencing 8th January 2018 and start the assessment centre phase the week commencing 22nd January.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience that this delay may have caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Hoping I recieve a new link tomorrow. Didn't recieve conformation last time that my results saved, emailed twice no reply. Hoping tomorrow I can re-sit the test. Good luck again everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Cbm27 wrote: »
    Hoping I recieve a new link tomorrow. Didn't recieve conformation last time that my results saved, emailed twice no reply. Hoping tomorrow I can re-sit the test. Good luck again everyone

Keep emailing them until you get either a reply or a link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

ZXC53 wrote: »
    Just to clarify nobody who hasn't done the IST received an email today Yeah? Still haven't got one and they said they'd let us know today?

Did you email them to say you hadnt got it done?

If yes hopefully you will get something tomorrow. If not, email every day until you get some sort of response.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Goonerdee wrote: »
    ZXC53 wrote: »

Did you email them to say you hadnt got it done?

If yes hopefully you will get something tomorrow. If not, email every day until you get some sort of response.

Yea I've emailed them twice, first email was over a week ago and still havent heard nothing back. Just keeping my fingers crossed I'll get a link tomorrow. If not I'll need to get onto them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Crap that results are being put back. Everything is computerised it would take two seconds for them to sort results out and then they could work 24hrs to get emails sent.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Crap that results are being put back. Everything is computerised it would take two seconds for them to sort results out and then they could work 24hrs to get emails sent.
    Yea civil service tests are immediate...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Going to finally tackle this IST today! Been so busy lately haven't had the time to do it. So its now or never! Hope I don't fluff it lol!

Good luck to anyone else doing it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

How did everyone get on? Is that the IST now closed?

Maxi515 wrote: »

No it's open until noon on mon 18th.

This process is really sucking the life out of me. I visit doors for TV Licencing for a living. I keep telling myself its just a few more doors until the process moves on and I can leave this job.... and its taking forever. I dont know if I'm going to last the wait...sigh

This process is really sucking the life out of me. I visit doors for TV Licencing for a living. I keep telling myself its just a few more doors until the process moves on and I can leave this job.... and its taking forever. I dont know if I'm going to last the wait...sigh

Just need to settle in for a long wait. I know they have been saying this campaign is to only last 6 months but that's only for the top scorers. Look at the 1509 campaign. They only got their February start dates handed out this week. That's 2 years 5 months they have been in the recruitment process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Yep guys this process is not easy but if you can overcome this then you have proved that you are worthy of becoming a great police officer, I know it's tough but just think how good you'll feel when you get the call.

• Advertisement

Without sounding odd. You kinda have to turn the anticipation off.

Yes prep for the different aspects but you need to just let yourself cruise if that makes sense?

I think my impatience is down to just hating my current job. That's all. Which by the way is currently recruiting for anyone who wants to enforce the communications act 2003 lol. You get a free company car and fuel expenses for what it's worth lol.

Rather not get my head kicked in thanks lol

Rather not get my head kicked in thanks lol
    BT36... never again

Rathcoole lol hehehehehe

Can anyone help me...Ive just tried to do the test on my laptop and when I click the link it says Test already active on another device!
    I have only looked at my emails for this on my laptop and mobile phone. When I click the link on my phone I get the same message.

Any ideas?? Thanks BB

It tells you in the Instructions that the same device used to activate the link must be used for the test.

Try your luck and email Deloitte but I doubt you'll have much luck since it's the weekend. I hope you get sorted.

Just got an email back from Deloitte-- Its there fault yet again!! Will have to wait until tomorrow for this to be resolved!

Update on Online IST (12.15 on 15th December):

We are pleased to advise that the system is now open and will remain so until 12 noon on Monday 18th December.

Please note that links provided to the online IST can only be used from one IP address (internet connection). If you get a message saying "test already active on another device", please contact us and we will ensure that the link is unblocked. Our offices will be open 9am to 9pm Mon-Thursday and 9-5 on Friday and we will respond to any candidates having IP issues at that time. We will also be open 2-6 on Saturday16th and Sunday 17th December
    to deal with any such queries arising.

IST finally completed after a few unplanned delays! Now the waiting game begins!

Good luck everyone.......Merry Christmas!

• Advertisement

Well that's the IST officially closed. Just think we should have actually been getting our results today :( oh Well only 3 weeks until 8th. Hopefully they actually give results on the 8th and not at 16.59 on 12th as join psni just says the week beginning the 8th lol.

Advertisement