Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1 BTC = €10,000

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

KilOit wrote:
    Has to be some millionaires here now. I know most sell BTC when it spikes and the chances of still having BTC from when it was 1$ is rare due to panic selling and mt gox etc but has to be a few here

I know a couple and they've been bitcoin millionaires for a while now. Very difficult in a way as the natural urge tlt take profits must be continuously denied !

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭BearsyBoo

I have one of the cassacius spelling error commemorative coins that were issued that,s fully loaded with 1 BTC and 1 bit coin cash. I know its worth more to sell the coin intact without cashing in the code for BTC but does anyone know where in Dublin I could sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Am I mad in considering buying more at this big price? What are people's expectations on how high this can keep going? Is there a big drop/correction coming soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Yes, the price is truly extraordinary. I cannot comprehend it.
    These are amazing times, and I think we are very lucky to have been given such an investment opportunity in our lifetime's. Our parents didn't get such a chance.
    KilOit wrote: »
    Has to be some millionaires here now. I know most sell BTC when it spikes and the chances of still having BTC from when it was 1$ is rare due to panic selling and mt gox etc but has to be a few here
    I would be one if I had not sold all my bitcoin when the price reached $100 in Sept 2013. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Munt1core

i wish I had at least 1BTC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Am I mad in considering buying more at this big price? What are people's expectations on how high this can keep going? Is there a big drop/correction coming soon?

It's mad to buy now but surely there will be a dip where it's appropriate to enter the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It's mad to buy now but surely there will be a dip where it's appropriate to enter the market.

Surely, but like me when I thought the same at 3k-5k-7k and eventually said **** it at 9k.

Will you be saying, ****....15k looked pretty nice when its 40k?

I don't know where this will end, but with Wall Street coming into the game and the opportunity to short the market there will be interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

I would be one if I had not sold all my bitcoin when the price reached $100 in Sept 2013. :(

That's what I mean. I first heard of Bitcoin when it was 20-40$ but I had no intentions of buying since I figured it was worthless and even If I did I would of sold a long time ago for a couple of hundred, maybe kept a few but I think the fud would of got to me eventually and sold the rest.
    Very few would sit on hundreds through all the dips and bad press, if you have hundreds of Bitcoin now it's probably because you lost the private key or fell into a coma past 5 years and are only waking now

Surely, but like me when I thought the same at 3k-5k-7k and eventually said **** it at 9k.

I don't know where this will end, but with Wall Street coming into the game and the opportunity to short the market there will be interesting times ahead.

True maybe I will be saying something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

This is exactly the point, spot on. Getting in at 15k, if or when it hits 100k will look like a very smart investment. Listening more and more to the likes of Richard Branson and Bill Gates speaking about cryptocurrency, this clearly isn't going away.

Only invest what you can afford to lose of course, but come the 18th I can see it kicking on even more.

• Advertisement

True maybe I will be saying something like that.

Jaysus. Don't take me the wrong way. I have a very MODEST investment, my plan was to add in €500 per month instead of sticking it into a bank, that was at €9k but with the increase daily €500 a month....well It almost seems futile.

I'd love to see an unholy downturn, if only so I could invest properly.

You could also be sat here in a month if it tanks saying "what a bullet I dodged"

Who knows eh, volatility is the name of the game. But one thing is fore sure, 2018 was a good year for bitcoin irregardless of its outcome, its made a lot of people some serious money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Jaysus. Don't take me the wrong way. I have a very MODEST investment, my plan was to add in €500 per month instead of sticking it into a bank, that was at €9k but with the increase daily €500 a month....well It almost seems futile.

I'd love to see an unholy downturn, if only so I could invest properly.

You could also be sat here in a month if it tanks saying "what a bullet I dodged"

Who knows eh, volatility is the name of the game. But one thing is fore sure, 2018 was a good year for bitcoin irregardless of its outcome, its made a lot of people some serious money.

problem is when there is an unholy downturn people then become scared to invest :)

jobless wrote: »
    problem is when there is an unholy downturn people then become scared to invest :)

God I'm praying for a downturn.

Made a nice profit on IOTA when it went from 0.90 to 5.50 so got out quickly on bitfinex and put BTC into GDAX again.

I think IOTA will be a great coin (better tech than bitcoin), just not right now. Bitcoin seems to have the momentum above all else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

God I'm praying for a downturn.

Made a nice profit on IOTA when it went from 0.90 to 5.50 so got out quickly on bitfinex and put BTC into GDAX again.

I think IOTA will be a great coin (better tech than bitcoin), just not right now. Bitcoin seems to have the momentum above all else.

would you buy if it dropped 80/90 percent.... it would take balls

jobless wrote: »
    would you buy if it dropped 80/90 percent.... it would take balls

To be honest I'm writing splitting the current value of Bitcoin as US$4,000 underlying transactional value and demand and US$11,000 hype and bubble.

Whether a 90% drop would see me go all in or walk away would depend on if insane the transactional value and demand for a store of wealth still existing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

KilOit wrote: »

Very few would sit on hundreds through all the dips and bad press, if you have hundreds of Bitcoin now it's probably because you lost the private key or fell into a coma past 5 years and are only waking now

I mined Bitcoin back in 2009 on and off. I couldn't use the PC at home 'cos we lived in a small flat and the noise from the fans was terrible. So I installed the miner on HP servers that we had at work that had multiple CPUs. When the lad bought a pizza in 2010 with 10,000 coins and I realised that I only had managed to find 15 BTC, not enough to buy a bag of chips, I packed it all in. The hard-drives were hot-swappable so they would have been recycled for other servers/projects. 
    All this to say that yes, if I had managed to hang on to there there is no chance that I would be still sitting on them watching the value up; I'd have cashed out a long time ago I think.

Advertisement