Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Music for the Christmas baking.

• 06-12-2017 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

I've got to bake about ten million biscuits, as gifts.
    Also Christmas cake. And applying marzipan. And icing.
    Mind you, I like the baking: but it gets kind of quiet and dull in the kitchen.

My question is - what sort of music to play from YouTube or the radio, to pass the time and shorten the work?

I mean, obviously I know about Christmas carols.
    But I'm asking for suggestions of something a little different - happy, wintry, festive, not too dreary, not too commercial.

Ideas, you bright and Christmassy sparks?

:-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Christmas FM! Can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

If you like The Rat Pack, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin etc, this Internet radio station might be up your street. I like to have it playing in the background in the kitchen when cooking.. very relaxing...

http://www.croonerradio.com/listen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Spotify has great Christmas playlists and no talking if you have premium. Christmas FM has way too much talking this year imo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Probably not everyone's taste but I love Smith & Burrows album "Funny Looking Angels". Few covers, few originals.

This Ain't New Jersey has become one of my absolute favourite Christmas songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Caranica wrote: »
    Spotify has great Christmas playlists and no talking if you have premium. Christmas FM has way too much talking this year imo

I agree, and I'm not mad on the actual songs they play on Christmas FM either - far too many modern christmas songs that just aren't the same as the classics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement