Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2017: What did you buy today?

• 02-12-2017 8:43pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Pick up a tin of Quality Street? Cranberry sauce? Mr Kipling mince pies?

Cake decorations? Somebody's present or a box of Christmas cards?

Come and show us here so we can ooooh and aaaah over all your purchases! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Bought this Christmas draft excluder for our house today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, I love it. :D

I bought these today as I've never seen them before and they look yum! If they pass my taste test tonight I'll buy another box for Christmas. :pac:

81yiFxVVEzL._SX425_.jpg

I love Lindor do they do a box of them that are mixed with all the different Lindors ?

Bought ankle boots for myself and a pair of shoes for the party season online

SarahLil wrote: »
    I love Lindor do they do a box of them that are mixed with all the different Lindors ?

Yes, I've definitely had a mixed box of them before.

• Advertisement

Bought this today for the tree.

2ljqrro.jpg

2mq0v9t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bought some beers for our 12 beers of Christmas. We're choosing 6 each and sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Newbridge Christmas decoration for Kris Kindle

Large Gin glasses 6 pack box I’ll try post later
    Also got large box of milk tray chocolate
    I can see all sorts of Lindor in every shop but can’t see the assorted box anywhere might try Tesco

• Advertisement

Large Gin glasses 6 pack box I’ll try post later
    Also got large box of milk tray chocolate
    I can see all sorts of Lindor in every shop but can’t see the assorted box anywhere might try Tesco
    They have all the different boxes, including the assorted box, in Debenhams, if that's any good to you. :)

28hj2xg.jpg
    Got 2 bottles of Baileys today in SuperValu for €20. :)

Thanks Posy il add that to my list

Managed some more shopping this afternoon Tottenham Hotspur stuff online for the OH
    Went to Dealz got some stocking fillers , gift bags and gold beads for my kitchen garland
    Any Terry's Chocolate Orange fans here they are 1.50 in Dealz and 2.50 in Dunnes

Bought some cds for my OH for the car yes I know cds I’m Old Skool
    Finally got my hands on the assorted Lindor
    Picked up a scarf for my mam as part of her present

What’s everyone got left to buy gift wise? I think I’ve a couple of baskets to get from Euro Giant, some aftershave for my OH, Something else for OH
    A wrestler for my pals little fella
    Some gifts for 2 neighbors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought three hampers one for the mammy, one for my OH's Gran and one for my Aunt whose house we are staying in. I am quite jealous of the wicker boxes they get delivered in but we would never get them on the plane.

Also got a pair or personalised gymnastic hand guard thingys for the wee one. And got myself a pair of shoes that I hope will be delivered before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Bought nothing today, but I bought the last of my presents on Sunday (and wrapped them!) and bought the last of the cards yesterday. All I've left to do is decide if I'm buying myself a Christmas present :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GeneralSherman

A bottle of Walsh's Hot Irishman's 10 year old Whiskey for my father in law.
    Earrings for my mother and youngest daughter.
    An oven thermometer for the Turkey (he's delighted !)
    A book for my dad

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Nothing bought since the weekend and I still have a few things to get - I've just written my remaining list and determined to get at least 2 more gifts at lunchtime!

Didn’t get to post here yesterday bought myself 2 pairs of boots one pair I couldn’t leave in Penneys they were 7 euro
    Got my OH some Chanel aftershave I was so happy
    the lady that served me was really good and wrapped the aftershave too I expressed my thanks to her as I am sure it’s not a nice time for retail
    One more present to get for himself, something for neighbors, I’ve baskets to make up too so I’m sure I’ll need to add a few things to them

• Advertisement

I bought some wrapping paper in Arnotts and Christmas ribbon in Dunnes. :)

I was going to buy some crackers but am waiting for a better bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hey! I said hey!

Yep most supermarkets have them

Got some reduced decorations in Heatons today
    Got the Christmas pudding in Dunnes that’s on Special, some cheeses 3 for 2
    I was telling myself buy the cheeses they have good dates and they may have none left by Thursday or Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Vodka! 2 for €40 in Tesco. With various vouchers and coupons we ended up spending €10. That’s the last of what we need to buy for Christmas, apart from a gift box.

Advertisement